Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 14th 2018, 10:59am

Well yeah.

A weapon that has its entire package set is obviously going to be better than a weapon that has only one piece.

This is just a consequence of progression systems locking stuff.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, September 14th 2018, 11:20am

Well yeah.

A weapon that has its entire package set is obviously going to be better than a weapon that has only one piece.

This is just a consequence of progression systems locking stuff.

Do you think this is a good idea or feature?

In BF1, I figured out what I wanted my gun to do and chose the closest variant. In BF4 I chose a decent starter weapon and customized it so that my F2000 was even more pronounced in it's strengths. That took some time as well, but I never felt underpowered with the base weapons. In BFV I, taking the suomi as an example, I start with a weapon that has immense recoil, a high ROF and 20 rounds in the mag. I then have to spend, I'd say, two hours of gameplay if you are good and then I get a weapon that is very good at hipfire, has quicker aim, controllable recoil and 150% more ammo.

If you invest into the game or weapons at a later stage you will be up against T5 weapons and vehicles all the time, diminishing your chances. This is straight unfair design. A similar thing I can only recall for the jets in BF3 where you needed to unlock flares.

Judging by the really poor reactions of the community, I am pretty sure DICE will adjust it. But this will likely only mean that the horizontal recoil reduction will be moved to the other upgrade path. I'd rather have a system where you can choose freely hat you want so that you can really customize your weapon, but the bonuses should be as miniscule as in BF4 and the base weapon stats should be closer to the upgraded stats.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 14th 2018, 12:49pm

I don't like locking gameplay items.

I'm just pointing out this system isn't much different from what's happened in the past.

Like I said before, this is pretty much BF1's package system except now you have to earn each package's parts individually instead of being able to obtain the whole package outright.

Is this extremely unfair to new players? You've already answered that question by bringing up flares in BF3.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, September 14th 2018, 1:33pm

Yeah I just wanted to hear you rthoughts on this.

I still think it is a lot different than the precedents. The factory versions of weapons and vehicles were perfectly usable, while the variants just gave the weapon a niche. Technically you can say that an upgraded weapon is a variant, but the progress system is vastly different. In BF4 you picked attachments one by one similar to BFV, but you were rather free in choice and each one came at a cost.
The flares in jets were albeit the only problem with the unlock system and only noticeable because you could not capture flags with jets to get the 800 points you needed for flares easily, so it had to be done via dogfighting.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, September 14th 2018, 8:10pm

I love BF vehicles and while I miss the hard charging actions of tanks from bf3/4 I see where they're going with the tanks in BFV. You really do feel like you should move up with infantry support, as enemies can surround you very easily if you don't put space between you and them.

Holy shit the valentine with the glitched 6 pdr was insane, hope i get to wreck face with that in a second beta before they patch it.

Overall I like the feel, but repair/resupply needs to be faster and a button press not a button hold. Also bullet velocity is dogshit on the MGs. It should literally be doubled if not tripled. Feels like shooting volleyballs at enemies.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, September 14th 2018, 8:39pm

The BFV tanks need a buff in mobility, firepower or both. In the beta my squad usually didn't bother calling in the extra tanks you can get with Squad Points, since we were more effective on foot. This is a huge contrast to both BF1 and BF4, where tanks manned by a coordinated squad are a massive force multiplier that will often decide matches on their own.

I hope this is not how DICE really intends vehicle gameplay to be, or BFV will be short-lived for me.
bob

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, September 14th 2018, 9:09pm

This is a huge contrast to both BF1 and BF4, where tanks manned by a coordinated squad are a massive force multiplier that will often decide matches on their own.

I think this is a wonderful development from previous titles. In a game with up to 32 players per team I do not see how it makes sense to give a single player (realisticly speaking it was, at least in pubs, mostly one driver and one gunner/repairmonkey) that much influence over a round. Vehicles in BF4 were far too sustainable without really any downsides or significant downtime.

This time you WILL have to eventually withdraw from battle to restock and fully repair, and the turret's slower pan speed forces you to be more careful in your advance as you won't be able to easily get out of attacks from multiple directions without backup. Tanks will be tactical assets to be used in conjunction with your team, not an ersatz player class with no real downsides.

I think the tanks' MGs are supposed to be cqc defense implements, not for sniping people several hundred meters away, so I'm not sure increasing bullet speed is reasonable.

If it's more efficient to self-destruct and redeploy with a new tank than repair/restock the old one I think upping the respawn delay seems reasonable, along with slightly decreasing the time it takes to restock and changing it from hold button to press button. Holding buttons sucks.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 15th 2018, 12:29am

I suppose it's wonderful if what you really want is an infantry game. As it it it's not really worth using the tanks in BFV. The firepower they have don't really make up for their far more restricted mobility compared to infantry.

But I guess some of the maps in the full game will be more suited for tanks than the urban mazes of Rotterdam and Narvik. We'll see.
bob

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, September 15th 2018, 10:54am

Yeah reviving works and is also more psychologically rewarding with the animation, but you need to throw a smoke to make it acceptable.
I assume you're talking about the length of the animation. If you compare it to BF4, it's really very similar in length. First you need to take out the paddles, then charging the paddles, then activating the revive. All of this adds up to the same length of the BFV animation (around 2 seconds), where you don't even need to take out a piece of equipment first. I really don't get the fuss over this.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 15th 2018, 10:59am

Yeah reviving works and is also more psychologically rewarding with the animation, but you need to throw a smoke to make it acceptable.
I assume you're talking about the length of the animation. If you compare it to BF4, it's really very similar in length. First you need to take out the paddles, then charging the paddles, then activating the revive. All of this adds up to the same length of the BFV animation (around 2 seconds), where you don't even need to take out a piece of equipment first. I really don't get the fuss over this.

BF4 doesn't lock you in one spot for 2 seconds. You're allowed to move around.

You can charge up while in cover then walk out for the actual zap.

You can charge up, put the weapon away, then instantly zap to full health upon reequipping the paddles.

You can skip charging and just zap.

BFV makes you sit in one spot for a few seconds and hope that no one shoots you while BF4 gives you a variety of ways to minimize exposure.

Basically, BF4 gives you tremendously more mobility and less hassle than BFV.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.