Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 3:09am

Fortifications might end up being a cheap and very low risk points-grind with possibly little positive or even a negative effect on your team. Not sure what could be done to fix that or if it is even worth looking into, really.
I don't see how adding extra cover isn't positive for ur team :p

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 6:13am

I got an invite to join the Battlefield V Closed Alpha, and quite frankly, I don't really have enough interest in the game to even use it.

I have mostly loved Battlefield 1, but after I'm done with it, I'm going to be more interested in playing multiplayer games with people I personally know. Most people I know are console gamers, and with the PC spoiling me when it comes to FPS games where players compete against each other, it'll be hard to go back to something like Battlefield on consoles. Rather, I see myself playing cooperative or (relatively) care-free sandbox multiplayer titles in the near future. Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76 are on my radar, and not so much Battlefield V.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 9:14am

I got an invite to join the Battlefield V Closed Alpha, and quite frankly, I don't really have enough interest in the game to even use it.

There's plenty of people around who'd kill for it, official Battlefield twitch channel is basically this whenever a key is to be given away:

I don't see how adding extra cover isn't positive for ur team :p

Players busy throwing sandbags aren't throwing ammo, medbags, and lead at the enemies :^)

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 11:58am

On the flag thing I would agree with BU, I see little problems especially since it seems to still be using the BF1 ticket system, just backwards, so uneven numbers of flags do not have the same tactial importance as in BF4.

What?? I thought ticket bleed will be back? Wtf DICE *facepalm*

• "Ritobasu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 2:30pm

It's "back" but not in the way people were actually asking.

What is the point of doing this except as a thinly veiled appeasement to people who want the old CQ system back? All they're doing is confusing people already used to the BF1 system (which I saw people talk about in chat several times), and piss off the people who wanted real ticket bleed only from holding a majority of flags.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 3:12pm

It's "back" but not in the way people were actually asking.

What is the point of doing this except as a thinly veiled appeasement to people who want the old CQ system back? All they're doing is confusing people already used to the BF1 system (which I saw people talk about in chat several times), and piss off the people who wanted real ticket bleed only from holding a majority of flags.

It just seems wrong, because it ticks downward which immediately tells you: BF4. But it works like in BF1 from holding any flag. Is there anyting else new to it, though? Even then it seemed oddly slow and wonky at times. I've seen a lot of people praising BFV for going back to the old system until somebody tells them and they get mad, and others want the BF1 system back, it seems like the worst possible deal indeed.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 7:59pm

Now that I've finally managed to get a key (thanks Drunkzz3), besides the usual ordeal like game not performing all that well or the UI absolutely needing a lot of work I only want to say out loud what I believed ever since I started playing Battlefield.

Wow 64p is a meatgrinder.

Wish there were smaller servers in the alpha but it's perfectly understandable why they'd choose to force 64p upon both modes, also I've already witnessed wonky hitreg once.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 9:34pm

Anyone have proof that it isn't majority rule?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "Ritobasu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 9:44pm

Anyone have proof that it isn't majority rule?

We can't provide any solid proof until there's a custom server with only a few people to test this out. I'm just going mostly from gut feeling from looking at the tickets on both teams while looking at flags captured, and noticing when one side gets all capped that they drain tickets extremely fast, just like in BF1 when the team that all-caps gains tickets just as fast.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, July 2nd 2018, 2:34am

It's majority rule.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"