Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Ritobasu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 3:39pm

Closed Alpha Discussion Thread

Anybody else got in and playing?

I notice the Bren got a great buff, making it totally useable at midrange without the extreme horizontal recoil from the EA Play event that I tried it.

I am also concerned about the Conquest mode introduced. For starters, I'm not 100% positive but it appears to be essentially the same as BF1's flawed ticket system, where everyone passively gains tickets, the rate of ticket gain dependent on the number of flags held. In BFV, you instead simply cause the enemy team to bleed tickets. I've had a few games where I was certain one team was doing much better than the other for a good part of the match, but our ticket lead would only be ahead by the double digits or low 100s. When there was a game where my team got all-capped, we started bleeding tickets insanely fast, much like in BF1 where a team that holds all flags gains tickets at a ridiculous rate.

This sounds awful if its true. BFV's Conquest flags are also capped insanely fast, like faster than BF3/4's maybe. I wasn't a fan of BF1's excruciatingly slow Conquest capture points, but BFV's is nearly the direct opposite.

If there's anything else I notice, I'll post it here.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 5:23pm

As expected of the Hardcore Battlefield audience. the Chat is mostly "Fuck you Nigger"

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 6:43pm

Feedback on being hit is awful, deaths from automatics often do not register individual hits, you just appear to die in one frame.

Friendly identification takes forever to pop up.

Running out of ammo on support is now a thing.

Running out of ammo in general is a problem, you can barely go a fight or two without running out entirely if you're not prone to dying on contact.

Picking up ammo from dead opponents is nice, when it works.

The STG44 is fun.

Resupply points on objectives for vehicles have a serious problem - they are destroyed if said vehicle even gently misses them as you turn away slowly. if you didn't have to be so close this would suck less. Would be even nicer if you could not destroy resupply points on objectives you own.

The secondary MG on the tanks appears to be on Jupiter, given the projectiles attraction to the ground.

Secondary MG has both an overheaat and magazine mechanic. which is somewhat confusing. Overheat kicks in extremely quickly. Pick one pls DICE. Overheating twice per mag is just WUT

You now finally, have enough base ammo to kill another tank.

The main gun splash damage is poor.

Cant actually just drive through buildings, stairwells block tanks. otherwise driving through/over obstacles is dramatically improved over previous games. GJ.

Tanks are dramatically better at navigating rough terrain than BF1, you can actually go up a hill most times.

Crawlspeed returns! hype.

Vehicle sprint does not. even a limited-use sprint would dramatically improve things. Simple mobility options add a lot to the depth and enjoyment of the game. something DICE has recognised in infantry, but still hasn't caught on for vehicles

The incendiary nade sucks.

Self-repair takes forever.

3rd person camera needs to be raised up.

Hitboxes get jank as fuck when exiting vehicles or performing "buddy revives"

Inability to skip the "revive me pls" screen to go back to main map for decisionmaking / loadout changing is annoying.

Improvements to the chat! at last you can tab through chat channels instead of needing keybinds for each separate channel. welcome to the early 2000's DICE!

Still cannot report or mute individual players. Chat is full of - "FUCK YOU NIGGER" and "NIGGER MEDIC DIDNT REVIVE ME" most games. Why cannot I remove these people who lack basic decency from my chat? This is basic functionality, it's unacceptable that we still dont have this.

Mini map improvement! a directional ping prompts you to respond to spotted players engaged by teammates.

New health system is terrible. Being doomed to eventually die instantly is the opposite of fun.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 7:06pm

I played a couple of rounds today and it was surprisingly fun, well more fun hat I had with BF1. The gunplay is more snappy, the capture times are faster and the game is generally more mobile. The optimisation is also spot on. So generally the game does indeed work. I can not comment much on balance issues, although I believe the damage dropoff is rather steep for the STG44.

Small bugs that I have noticed are missing hitmarkers clicks in menus not registering and a couple of disconnects or crashes when trying to quite the game. Pretty standard for an Origin Game.

Issues I found otherwise are the same weak spots as in BF4. The menus will be overcrowded, the UI will be terribly stuffed and unless Origin receives a huge overhaul it will be a huge hindrance to any game associated with it. Gameplay wise, the gunplay, while feeling much less random than in BF1 it is still inconsistent, for automatic weapons that is. Sometimes you are on point at distance and can down someone fast, while other times the gun just wobbles around very hard to control. I am not much of a good shot, but I am pretty sure there will be players able to exploit this mechanic to use automatic weapons and extend their kill range significantly. The fact that auto-heal is also disabled will net you inconsistent BTKs.

Vehicles do not seem to play a big role yet either, although I only have limited playtime, the gunner's position on the Panzer IV was rather potent. Assaults are in plenty supply on the map and the limited ammo does seem to hurt the vehicles.

Conquest on Narvik is fun, I like the cover when moving between flags, the amount of cover available on flags, the distances between flags and the general flow. Grand Operations is as expected. It just does not work in a balanced way. I doubt I will play that mode unless it is totally rebuilt.

Another thing is the spotting. The contextual spotting certainly is stupid in a game with a huge map and 64 players with no communication. 2D spotting is very rare, but very helpful, especially since the identifaction of enemies is not very clear and will be even less so, when the game hits. 3D spotting, or the lack of, might be helpful if you really insist on 64 players only. There I would agree that the BF4 spotting would be too much. On the other hand the positional audio is not very good, and so are visual cues. It is good for flanking maneuvers though. Vehicles seem to be spotted all the time, and I do not know if this is a good idea, but it seems DICE wants us to totally forget about the Q-button, which they so carefully cultivated us to press.

Definitely a no-go even for an alpha is the inablity to play as a squad. If you develop a game and tell everyone that it iis team-oriented then this is the first thing that should work. Even if this game is fun, I do not really have an incentive to play it solo. Even workarounds are not functionable. There is no server-browser, only quickmatch, there seems to be no ability to switch teams, no support for automatically join friend's squads, and to top it off, switching squads does not seem to work either. This has been the achilles heel of any BF game since the introduction of Origin, and whoever is responsible needs to get their shit together, or they finally drop this stupid launcher forever and revert to the browser system.

I heard a lot that the WW II vibe will not kick in, contrary to BF1. I would agree, that it seems very generic, on Narvik I have clear flashbacks to BC2. I also have them gameplay wise, but can not really tell why.

Edit: One other point that is really unnerving is that certain flags will for some reason not pop up in the UI, meaning that you can not tell where they are, or give out squad orders without the commo rose. Additionally you send out a contextual spot when issuing command orders, which is, again, stupid.
And I would agree that hit feedback is not on point. I can not really tell if I get hit for 20 or 80 points of damage. Should be somewhat adressed. Also the audio in general seems bugged out and/or muffled. Got killed by the Panzerfaust and did not hear a thing. Also I get hit a lot with bullets and flybys, but the audio is very underwhelming.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Jun 28th 2018, 7:14pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, June 29th 2018, 3:21pm

Waiting for full symthic stats, but:

STG / Bren / Erso - 27 dmg up close
Medic rifle - 40 damage

1.8/1.9 headshot multiplier
No arm/leg multipliers

(71hs dmg for medic rifle, 51 for STG etc)

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, June 29th 2018, 3:43pm

As expected of the Hardcore Battlefield audience. the Chat is mostly "Fuck you Nigger"

So the battlefield community then.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 29th 2018, 4:09pm

Well any community, basically. I have not seen much of it though and I am an avid user of the chat. I have seen tons of objective discussions about reviving, specs, recoil mechanics etc.

One also has to say that people can be even greater dicks when they are not using swear words at all. I also do not see why people are bothered about someone insulting in a moment of sheer frustration with himself. In the end the only workaround would be to go the Blizzard route and remove the ability to communicate completely.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, June 29th 2018, 4:17pm

In the end the only workaround would be to go the Blizzard route and remove the ability to communicate completely.

"Good Game everybody"
BANNED!
Reason: Insulting the victorially challenged.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 29th 2018, 8:28pm

Well any community, basically. In the end the only workaround would be to go the Blizzard route and remove the ability to communicate completely.

Since I play overwatch, thats not how blizzard has their chat. You can still chat, but thanks to the magic of filters and a usable report function, people like that either get banned or simply can't vent their lack of civility on the rest of the players.

Battlefield is the only game I have played that over time, has not adjusted to this. Everyone else has filters, mute buttons, report functions and other ways to moderate the chat to limit the ability of assholes to ruin other peoples day.

DICE hasn't gotten the memo yet.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 29th 2018, 9:54pm

Well any community, basically. In the end the only workaround would be to go the Blizzard route and remove the ability to communicate completely.

Since I play overwatch, thats not how blizzard has their chat. You can still chat, but thanks to the magic of filters and a usable report function, people like that either get banned or simply can't vent their lack of civility on the rest of the players.

Battlefield is the only game I have played that over time, has not adjusted to this. Everyone else has filters, mute buttons, report functions and other ways to moderate the chat to limit the ability of assholes to ruin other peoples day.

DICE hasn't gotten the memo yet.

People insulting each other or you like kids on the schoolyard bothers you? How is that, I am rather curious?

I did not know there was a chat in Overwatch still. I never played it, but Hearthstone was a game that I quit also because there was no way to really interact with my real opponents. I could have just as well played against bots. For one smack and trash talk belongs to a game, rivalries and hate are essential in competition, just as is respect and having fun together. But on Hearthstone, I could not even say: "Damn, that was one fine move you little prick." I could also not make contacts, because there was no way to interact with people after or during a match.
Games and Sports alike live on these social dynamics between them. I have said it before: BF1 already made it hard to make friends in-game with the reduced social features this should not be further reduced by increasing the anonymity of each actor.

These simpleton insults are mostly just vents for their anger, and it is easier to say "This gun is the most utterly fucking useless piece of shit." than to make an educated prolonged remark about spread and recoil mechanics of said guns. Even if I am insulted, why would I report anyone in a game, a guy that is probably decent but I will never meet? I would agree though that this is a symptom of the current age and mechanics of the internet enhance it. Trash talk is much more meaningful on the actual playing fields of sport. :D

To combat this though, I would go the opposite direction, make the chat more prominent, more meaningful. Basically like a forum. If yot think about it, even symthic thrives on all that little drama and rivalries. So I am actuall glad that stuff like a filter or report option never made it into a BF game.