Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 5:56pm

I can not say the same. The game is okay, and infinitely better than BF1, which I found to be a unbelievably frustrating experience in ALL respects.

Interesting take. I enjoyed BF1 quite a bit. I enjoyed BF4 slightly more once it was fixed. Maybe we just prefer slightly different things.

Honestly, I haven’t noticed most of your complaints, but now will be on the lookout. I’m fine with a catchup mechanism, but only to prevent blowouts. Obviously they will tune it. As for the SMGs, Florian (drunkkz) already said they are looking at potential fixes.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 9:33pm

I can not say the same. The game is okay, and infinitely better than BF1, which I found to be a unbelievably frustrating experience in ALL respects.

Interesting take. I enjoyed BF1 quite a bit. I enjoyed BF4 slightly more once it was fixed. Maybe we just prefer slightly different things.

Honestly, I haven’t noticed most of your complaints, but now will be on the lookout. I’m fine with a catchup mechanism, but only to prevent blowouts. Obviously they will tune it. As for the SMGs, Florian (drunkkz) already said they are looking at potential fixes.

Yeah I am a bit of a critic. I am german, so that lies in my nature. I do not waste words on something that works well. At the most I give an appreciative nod. :D I am genuinely glad when people enjoy the game though. I am also a bit frustrated at the moment because I get framedrops that lower my performance and am also using the Sten, so thats a double minus.

Yeah they need to address the SMGs in some way, I find myself losing too much at ranges that should still be in their territory while the Sten at least is not the best in hipfire either, when compared to the hard damage output of the KE7 right now. What I find most annoying are damage dealt from 95-99, which happens a lot, and I bet that has to do with some stupid arm multiplier. Also I believe the head multiplier might be lower than x2, because I read in the patch notes: The headshot multiplier for all automatic rifles is now x2, which I do not believe is a category the SMGs fall into. Actually these two things could be enough to bring down BTK by one in many engagements.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 11:52pm

Yeah I am a bit of a critic. I am german, so that lies in my nature. I do not waste words on something that works well. At the most I give an appreciative nod. I am genuinely glad when people enjoy the game though. I am also a bit frustrated at the moment because I get framedrops that lower my performance and am also using the Sten, so thats a double minus.

Yeah they need to address the SMGs in some way, I find myself losing too much at ranges that should still be in their territory while the Sten at least is not the best in hipfire either, when compared to the hard damage output of the KE7 right now. What I find most annoying are damage dealt from 95-99, which happens a lot, and I bet that has to do with some stupid arm multiplier. Also I believe the head multiplier might be lower than x2, because I read in the patch notes: The headshot multiplier for all automatic rifles is now x2, which I do not believe is a category the SMGs fall into. Actually these two things could be enough to bring down BTK by one in many engagements.

Ha! Well, part of the issue might be that I am on console, and so far, it runs great on XB1. Even though we don't have your amazing framerates, we also generally don't have any stuttering or dropping of frames either. I would honestly probably prefer PC, but clicking for long sessions hurts my hand in a way that playing on a controller does not - had to make a switch years ago after year of heavy design work on a computer. As it is though, I am appreciative of the smoothness and good visuals (for what the console is capable of).

I believe that the STEN does have a 2x multiplier - if it doesn't, I wholeheartedly agree that it should. I also think it's one of the weakest SMGs. In essence, you are sacrificing HRec control and spread to gain better VRec control, and as we on Symthic have been preaching for years, that's a terrible trade-off.