Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, November 9th 2018, 8:38am

Is symthic gonna do detailed stats for BFV or is this place dead?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, November 10th 2018, 6:59am

I would hope it's not dead.

Man, I haven't had this much fun in a BF game in years. I'm so happy pretty much every issue is UI or QoL related, the gameplay itself is absolutely phenomenal. Having only 10 hours is painful. ;(
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 10th 2018, 10:29am

Man, I haven't had this much fun in a BF game in years. I'm so happy pretty much every issue is UI or QoL related, the gameplay itself is absolutely phenomenal. Having only 10 hours is painful. ;(

Ah yeah you are on XBox. Glad you like it. The game seems to be as polarizing as the playtests suggested. Well considering it went live one day before it shoul dhave you might be seeing a release for you on the 14th or 18th respectively.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 8:16pm

What do you find so phenomenal about it, compared to BF4 and BF1?
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 11:33pm

Somehow the gameplay feels right. Weapons (except for SMGs) feel both powerful and balanced. Camping has been reduced significantly. There isn't a ton of explosive spam. Weapons having attachments/specializations scratches that 'this one is mine' itch that you didn't get in BF1. There aren't gimmicky mechanisms like behemoths. The MMG concept is so satisfying. The sounds in this game are SO GOOD.

My criticisms include a messy UI, a whole bunch of clipping, some issues with sights (which I think will be fixed soon), and a too-severely gimped Medic class (which may or may not be adequately fixed this week).

An anecdote that made me love this game:

I thought I would HATE the Final Stand mode in Grand Operations...until I played it. I was on Arras, my team had 6 remaining and the enemy had 1 left. Down to my last 15 rounds, I went to flank while my five teammates rushed ahead. I looked up at the score and saw it was suddenly 1v1. We were limited to an area inside and immediately around a church. I took an approach orthogonal to where I heard all the fire occurring, crouch running behind the church pews on the right side. I pinned their remaining player with a grenade by his logical exit and took him down with my Suomi as he turned to search for me. That whole interaction only took maybe 10 seconds, but it easily felt like minutes. I can only think of the roller-coaster of emotions that poor player on the other side was feeling...

And now, my stupid 10 hour trial is over, and I have to wait until tomorrow to feel that adrenaline again.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 9:08am

Somehow the gameplay feels right. Weapons (except for SMGs) feel both powerful and balanced. Camping has been reduced significantly. There isn't a ton of explosive spam. Weapons having attachments/specializations scratches that 'this one is mine' itch that you didn't get in BF1. There aren't gimmicky mechanisms like behemoths. The MMG concept is so satisfying. The sounds in this game are SO GOOD.

My criticisms include a messy UI, a whole bunch of clipping, some issues with sights (which I think will be fixed soon), and a too-severely gimped Medic class (which may or may not be adequately fixed this week).

I can not say the same. The game is okay, and infinitely better than BF1, which I found to be a unbelievably frustrating experience in ALL respects. So that is not hard to beat, at which point I am comparing it to BF4. I find the game not as balanced, I have particular problems with the SMGs and can not agree with their spread mechanics. In general I do prefer the "old" gunplay of BF4, though. MMGs I find too limiting and frustrating to play and play against. I find camping to have increased, because of the lack of spotting, the open map design, the sub-par sound and visual clutter. Perceived camping that is. The catch-up mechanic specifically unnerves me, because I find it creates a feel-good vibe while throwing any competitiveness out of the window.
The game looks good, it is a visual stunner, and the sound of the firemode switch, for example, is very lore accurate. However I find all the visual and audio clutter to be detrimental to gameplay and the game sorely lacks spotting. There are a lot of legacy bugs as well, sounds coming out of nowhere, allied and your own sounds being too loud when compared to you own etc.. Also why does everything need to be animated? Lately it hugely unnerves me that hipfiring while moving makes my guy hold his gun up to his face, blocking the target, and receiving any ammo pouch will make my guy lunch out and put it in front of his face. I died two several yesterday because it blocked my view or blocked my aim. I also do not need all the funny one-liners when teammates are spawning in, while I am anxiously trying to locate footsteps. But man, the game sure looks good when showcasing.
The UI also is the worst experience I've ever had in my gaming era. It is horrible, and I get angry whenever I have to spend time in the main menu. My performance also got worse since the first playtest.

That is a bit of a rant. If this game was from an independent developer, or not part of the BF franchise, say if Battlefront or Titanfall 3 released with these mechanics, I would not stop praising it. As a Battlefield game, and knowing the important things, I think it is plain okayish.

As far as the objectively good things go: The gunplay works, it is not my favourite, but it definitely works as intended, balance issues aside, and the need for the SMGs to have the same mechanics. The game also does not feel too dense with 64 players. Ah the game is also pretty stable, compared to Beta, I had three crashes as of now.

All in all I paid 15€ for a month. I might buy the game afterwards depending on what they offer. The game definitely profited from this very dubious early access for extra money approach, and it also profited from the weak predecessor by turning around 180° in many aspects. It would have even fared better if their marketing campaign had not been utter shit.

edit:
@NoctyrneSAGA
How are you holding up with the visibility of enemies? I still have problems, but I increased a setting called "digital vibrance" in my NVIDIA settings and that increased the contrast by a lot and had quite the effect.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Nov 14th 2018, 10:50am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,284)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 10:56am

@VincentNZ

I drive tanks with the spotting scope upgrade and shoot at the super tiny red diamonds.

I fly the bomber with the gigantic bomb payload and just bomb anywhere I think enemies are and rearm in 10s. Rinse and repeat.

Playing the game right now is pretty much like that Forrest Gump quote about chocolates. Only instead of opening boxes I'm shooting at anything that even vaguely telegraphs enemy presence and seeing if I get hitmarkers.

In other words, I still can't see anything.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 11:06am

Well that's shit. I am really sorry to hear that. I want spotting back for pure personal gain, but when you have a real problem with eyesight, the game seems to totally forget about you. I really hope they will make the game more customizable. By the way there is a guy on the official forums that "modded" his game experience trough only tweaking NVIDIA settings to look like this:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

He claims that he did not alter any gamefiles, so that might be a very ugly improvement for you.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,284)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 11:22am

I just want spotting back because it was a super fast team-wide comms tool.

The Dorito was a good way to tell players who have poor eyesight or poor awareness what to shoot at.

Now I am forced to play Recon and constantly switch between the Telescope and Rifle or a tank with a spotting scope or a plane with huge saturation to work through the poor visibility.

As someone else put it, I am being forced to fight the visuals before I am allowed to fight players and personally I think the first part should not be so hard.

Also

@VincentNZ

got a link to the thread or settings?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Nov 14th 2018, 12:20pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration

Battlelog: