Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, September 1st 2018, 3:31am

We're finally getting the War Thunder tank turret rotation system. :love:
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, September 1st 2018, 8:39am

We're finally getting the War Thunder tank turret rotation system. :love:

What does that entail exactly? Looks a bit more heavy cocnerning inertia and speed.

@Daled

A nice find. One thing that immediately strikes out is:
To make sure that this in turn doesn’t end up leading to a shallow and ultra-fast affair, we are instead making sure reaching the max potential of a weapon is harder to achieve consistently, rather than by average lowering damage per bullet across the board.

For me this just means inconsistency by design. Your own experience may vary greatly from gunfight to gunfight and especially from player to player, which is a really bad idea. Sometimes you might achieve a very low TTK, while on the next fight you will have a vastly different performance.

As for the SMGs, keep in mind that this only applies to the transition from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2 and Beta 1. Yeah the TTK chart will tell you that you can reach the "low" TTK more consistently at 35m, but that chart has no relevance for actual gameplay. Your PDWs still do 14 damage per shot (likely with more body part modifiers) at an on average lower ROF with a system that is fundamentally only about recoil control. Yeah many people will be able to be very accurate and fast at killing, the averge player will not.

I still do not understand their design philosophy, they went from a hybrid system that was very balanced in BF3 and 4 in all aspects to a spread-focused system in BF1 which was balanced mathematically but engagement dependent, to then do a full 180° and introduce a recoil-focused system where the outcome is mostly based on the player handling the weapon.

As for the rest of the list, which is extensive, there is a lot of details that help especially with the revive/health/ammo system. But all of this would not be needed if they didn't introduce these new features. The biggest issues still remein untouched, I see no mention of the terrible sound (directional audio, things not making sound at all, footsteps, wrong directions etc.) and the horribly cluttered, inconsistent and impractical UI/UX.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Sep 1st 2018, 9:32am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, September 1st 2018, 9:03pm

@VincentNZ

It means in 3rd person your camera is decoupled from your turret. You can look around faster than your turret can traverse and your turret will attempt to catch up as fast as its turn rate allows.

In 1st person, obviously the camera has to line up with the barrel so any input that would exceed the turn rate gets thrown out instead.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 2:49am

I haven't enjoyed a Battlefield since BF3 but after hearing of all the gameplay changes it really got my attention and I'm considering returning. For those who preferred BF3 and who've played the alpha and beta, how does BFV compare to BF3? Does it meet your expectations or does it feel like a highly improved BF1 in comparison? BF3 was near-perfect for me and I haven't enjoyed any FPS as much since (although Titanfall2 has come close).

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 3:43am

BFV isn't BF3. I think it is closer to BF1, at least in regards to tanks.

Guns certainly feel BF3-tier though.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Sep 6th 2018, 5:04am)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 12:49pm

@Vic

I would say it is a slightly improved BF1, but still carries a lot of it's unfortunate predecessors baggage. I would have to disagree on the weapons though, for me there is little resemblance to BF3 weapons, however, if you are proficient in the mouse control skillset you can definitely reach TTKs that are comparable or even shorter than in BF3. The gunplay to me is best described as the bastard son of BF1 and Counterstrike.

There is a whole lot of features that has not ever been shown though, so if Battle Royale in BF or extreme customization for characters tickle your fancy this might interest you. Anyway, try the Open Beta for yourself it is live until Semptember 11th.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 2:45pm

I haven't enjoyed a Battlefield since BF3 but after hearing of all the gameplay changes it really got my attention and I'm considering returning. For those who preferred BF3 and who've played the alpha and beta, how does BFV compare to BF3? Does it meet your expectations or does it feel like a highly improved BF1 in comparison? BF3 was near-perfect for me and I haven't enjoyed any FPS as much since (although Titanfall2 has come close).

It is fucking trash. the TTK is fucking call of duty and the attrition system has you looking for supplies the second you spawn in and will most likely get killed because picking up said supplies leaves you defenseless and everybody just camps.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 9:53pm

I would go so far as to say it's shaping up to be the best game in the series; it's a stellar combination of the best of previous games, and a ton of new stuff too. I've been having a lot of fun with Support in particular, and tanks are pretty enjoyable too (way more fun than BF1).
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 10:09pm

It is fucking trash. the TTK is fucking call of duty and the attrition system has you looking for supplies the second you spawn in and will most likely get killed because picking up said supplies leaves you defenseless and everybody just camps.

TTK is near BF3-level. A little bit slower but fire rates make it hard to get it exact.

And yeah, having to go to supplies makes you super vulnerable to mines and snipers. Speaking with firsthand experience, I have gotten multiple DOUBLE and TRIPLE kills by planting S-Mines on supply stations. On top of sniping people that walked up to the station.

When you have a location that people are FORCED to walk to or stand in (I do not consider supplying up optional because to continue playing the game basically requires you to do so) that is simply mine-bait.

Also, the poor visibility and lack of regen combine to further aggravate the problem. It's hard enough to identify threats, you are unable to communicate them to blueberries, and if you're not at 100% health, you're basically going to be gibbed from some threat you weren't able to see. If you are unable to identify a threat due to poor visibility, you are entirely dependent on a squadmate that is a Scout utilizing their spotting gadgets in that moment to activate 3D spots for you.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Sep 6th 2018, 10:20pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 10:55pm

Cool chart, will you do the rest of the countries as well?

Actual turret rotation is great. Also makes for increased parity between pc/console.

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas