Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Yesterday, 4:42pm

So new Alpha is out and I just played a round and the changes to the game as it feels are minimal. The main aspect is supposed to be the progression system, something which I could not care less about. Anyway I copied the weapon changes

EMP:
Decreased the max damage range from 12 to 8 meters.
Decreased the fall off range from 50 to 40 meters.
Increased the min damage to 14.3.
Added 1 additional magazine on Spawn, one additional magazine on resupplying.

Developer comment: The SMG’s got an increase in effectiveness in short range combat, while being less effective on longer ranges.

MP40:
Decreased the max damage range from 12 to 8 meters.
Decreased the fall off range from 50 to 40 meters.
Increased the min damage to 14.3.

Developer comment: The SMG’s got an increase in effectiveness in short range combat, while being less effective on longer r[anges.

STG 44:
Decreased max damage from 27 to 20.
Increased max damage range from 11 to 20 meters.
Increased damage fall off range from 50 to 60 meters.
Decreased min damage from 17 to 16.7.

Developer comment: The STG44 now has become less powerful on short range, but more powerful on medium range.

Bren Gun:
Decreased min damage from 17 to 16.7.

MG34:
Increased min damage from 17 to 20.

Gewehr 43:
Decreased max damage range from 26.5 to 15 meters.
Increased damage fall off range from 51.5 to 60 meters.
Decreased min damage from 36 to 34.

KAR 98:
ncreased max damage from 80 to 90.
Decreased max damage range from 20 to 8 meters.
Decreased damage falloff range from 80 to 60 meters.
Decreased min damage from 60 to 55.
Lowered bullet’s exit velocity from 700 to 600.

Developer comment: We’ve slowed down the bullet speed for the KAR 98 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle to create more bullet drop. This makes the player compensate for longer ranges more than before.

Walther P-38:
Increased magazine amount on spawn from 4 to 8, and 10 when resupplying.
Increased max damage range from 10 to 15 meters.
Decreased max damage from 30 to 25 meters.
Increased min damage from 15 to 16.7.
Decreased damage falloff range from 70 to 30 meters.

Just to put it into perspective, I only played with the STG 44, where I could not seem to win any fight and the Gewehr 43 where I would seem to win every fight. I do not know what attachments they will have in mind for each weapon, or if there won't be any at all, but the automatic weapons definitely need something similar to BF4 attachments. The iron sights are just plain useless in a game so "rich" with visual effects and things going boom, making you lose your target that any optic will be a huge improvement.

One reason I can already tell for always losing with the Assault class is the way damage is dealt and you are notified on it. Basically you have no idea that you are being hit or that a hit does take away quite a chunk of your health nor do you really hear any shots whizzing by only the slight thump of being hit. Also the health bar is so unobtrusive that you will not check it at all. It needs to be bigger, in another colour and generally in an area that you look at anyway, which is not really the case in BFV with all the important info everywhere around the screen. No auto-regen also plays a great part, even if you have an attentive medic in your team. You will enter fights not thinking about the fact that one burst might take you out easily.

I also find a min damage of 16.7 a bit too low, considering the ROF and the visual difficulty of killing a target. There might also be some kind of moving accuracy modifier, but I find it hard to hit anything really.

One thing to note: I was shooting at a guy with the Gewehr 43 that was prone with his LMG and after he fired at me it took me three shots until another one connected although my corsshair was really on point and the weapon proved to be very accurete every other time. Might have been bad aiming, but it was such an outstanding performance drop of the weapon that I immediately thought suppression was back. Other than that I only noticed really nasty blur that took my attention from the HUD away even more, which I find dubious.

As a conclusion I find the Gewehr 43 to be extremely useful in ALL situations, it is a 2HK, at many ranges, 3HK every time, with a very comfortable ROF for the recoil as well as a scope making clear what you hit. The hipfire seems to be really good for the damage output as well. Now I would not want them to nerf this weapon, but rather use this weapon as an example of how weapons should work. The extra ammo on spawn is definitely a step in the right direction.

As far as everything else go, it seems you can actually have a squad now as I saw people from one clan in one squad. The UX/UI is still terrible, nothing changed there and the visuals are still nice to look at, but way overboard and hindering the gaming experience in my book. The sound from my boxes is unusually shallow for everything but explosions, other than that I do not hear shit. Especially not footsteps or shots or anything relevant. I believe a V2 knocked me over at one point but I have no idea, because there was no sound indication, nor a particularly big explosion. If I compare the sound to PUBG and former BF titles it is definitely a huge step back, but might change with headphones.