Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, August 14th 2018, 4:42pm

So new Alpha is out and I just played a round and the changes to the game as it feels are minimal. The main aspect is supposed to be the progression system, something which I could not care less about. Anyway I copied the weapon changes

EMP:
Decreased the max damage range from 12 to 8 meters.
Decreased the fall off range from 50 to 40 meters.
Increased the min damage to 14.3.
Added 1 additional magazine on Spawn, one additional magazine on resupplying.

Developer comment: The SMG’s got an increase in effectiveness in short range combat, while being less effective on longer ranges.

MP40:
Decreased the max damage range from 12 to 8 meters.
Decreased the fall off range from 50 to 40 meters.
Increased the min damage to 14.3.

Developer comment: The SMG’s got an increase in effectiveness in short range combat, while being less effective on longer r[anges.

STG 44:
Decreased max damage from 27 to 20.
Increased max damage range from 11 to 20 meters.
Increased damage fall off range from 50 to 60 meters.
Decreased min damage from 17 to 16.7.

Developer comment: The STG44 now has become less powerful on short range, but more powerful on medium range.

Bren Gun:
Decreased min damage from 17 to 16.7.

MG34:
Increased min damage from 17 to 20.

Gewehr 43:
Decreased max damage range from 26.5 to 15 meters.
Increased damage fall off range from 51.5 to 60 meters.
Decreased min damage from 36 to 34.

KAR 98:
ncreased max damage from 80 to 90.
Decreased max damage range from 20 to 8 meters.
Decreased damage falloff range from 80 to 60 meters.
Decreased min damage from 60 to 55.
Lowered bullet’s exit velocity from 700 to 600.

Developer comment: We’ve slowed down the bullet speed for the KAR 98 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle to create more bullet drop. This makes the player compensate for longer ranges more than before.

Walther P-38:
Increased magazine amount on spawn from 4 to 8, and 10 when resupplying.
Increased max damage range from 10 to 15 meters.
Decreased max damage from 30 to 25 meters.
Increased min damage from 15 to 16.7.
Decreased damage falloff range from 70 to 30 meters.

Just to put it into perspective, I only played with the STG 44, where I could not seem to win any fight and the Gewehr 43 where I would seem to win every fight. I do not know what attachments they will have in mind for each weapon, or if there won't be any at all, but the automatic weapons definitely need something similar to BF4 attachments. The iron sights are just plain useless in a game so "rich" with visual effects and things going boom, making you lose your target that any optic will be a huge improvement.

One reason I can already tell for always losing with the Assault class is the way damage is dealt and you are notified on it. Basically you have no idea that you are being hit or that a hit does take away quite a chunk of your health nor do you really hear any shots whizzing by only the slight thump of being hit. Also the health bar is so unobtrusive that you will not check it at all. It needs to be bigger, in another colour and generally in an area that you look at anyway, which is not really the case in BFV with all the important info everywhere around the screen. No auto-regen also plays a great part, even if you have an attentive medic in your team. You will enter fights not thinking about the fact that one burst might take you out easily.

I also find a min damage of 16.7 a bit too low, considering the ROF and the visual difficulty of killing a target. There might also be some kind of moving accuracy modifier, but I find it hard to hit anything really.

One thing to note: I was shooting at a guy with the Gewehr 43 that was prone with his LMG and after he fired at me it took me three shots until another one connected although my corsshair was really on point and the weapon proved to be very accurete every other time. Might have been bad aiming, but it was such an outstanding performance drop of the weapon that I immediately thought suppression was back. Other than that I only noticed really nasty blur that took my attention from the HUD away even more, which I find dubious.

As a conclusion I find the Gewehr 43 to be extremely useful in ALL situations, it is a 2HK, at many ranges, 3HK every time, with a very comfortable ROF for the recoil as well as a scope making clear what you hit. The hipfire seems to be really good for the damage output as well. Now I would not want them to nerf this weapon, but rather use this weapon as an example of how weapons should work. The extra ammo on spawn is definitely a step in the right direction.

As far as everything else go, it seems you can actually have a squad now as I saw people from one clan in one squad. The UX/UI is still terrible, nothing changed there and the visuals are still nice to look at, but way overboard and hindering the gaming experience in my book. The sound from my boxes is unusually shallow for everything but explosions, other than that I do not hear shit. Especially not footsteps or shots or anything relevant. I believe a V2 knocked me over at one point but I have no idea, because there was no sound indication, nor a particularly big explosion. If I compare the sound to PUBG and former BF titles it is definitely a huge step back, but might change with headphones.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, August 16th 2018, 6:47am

Does BFV still have arm multipliers?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 16th 2018, 4:32pm

Does BFV still have arm multipliers?

I tried to do some testing on this today, and I really couldn't say. There is the option again to have hitmarkers shaped according to damage, similar to how limb shots in BF4 gave a different hitmarker, so I would assume they are in, in some kind of way. However BFV gives you a hard time calculating anything just from the cluttered HUD. It is hard to single out each individual hit, with all the bonus points you get for headshots, squadwipes, and whatnot. Today I received 400 points for one kill and I have no idea how that happened. Also you are hitting and killing people with less than 100 health so there is no definite way to calculate how much damage each shot did.

On the other hand though, I played with BAs a bit today and I thoght I dished out a hit on the arm, which dealt 51 damage. This is a hit that I often receive by BAs as well. Considering the min damage of the Kar is 55 according to the official post, I would say that arm multis are back, but seem insignificant in terms of BTK. I also played quite a bit with the Gewehr 43 and every kill was either a 2 or 3HK. With the Stg 44 I never noticed a hit lower than 16 damage, which is right assuming the min damage is 16.7. But I can not say for sure, because it is hard to track individual hits without trying it on AFKs.

My personal assumption is that they are indeed in again, which I find unnecessary, but it seems the multiplicator is not relevant for the heavier hitting weapons, but this might vastly differ with automatic weapons and considering the high fluctuations in player health. I did notice some inconsistencies with the STG 44.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, August 16th 2018, 9:14pm

Just a note that Alpha 2.0 weapon balance is more for gathering data, rather than being representative of the direction of the game.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 6:04am

Quoted

Just a note that Alpha 2.0 weapon balance is more for gathering data, rather than being representative of the direction of the game.
I would hope so. Setting the weapon damages to numbers like 20, 16.7 with arm multipler is definitely a recipe for inconsistency.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 12:17pm

Quoted

I would hope so. Setting the weapon damages to numbers like 20, 16.7 with arm multipler is definitely a recipe for inconsistency.

Interesting in this build is the fact that the heavy hitting weapons remain basically untouched in their BTKs. I am not totally against arm multipliers, I believe they were in every BF game I played, but it totally got out of hand in BF1. One has to consider that most weapons have very low ROF and BTK therefore have an enormous effect on the TTK. Furthermore we do not have full auto-heal any longer so these times will be all over the place.

Generally the balance of weapons did turn out to be worse in my book. 16 and 14 damage at these ranges is not enough with that ROF. I also think that only showing damage numbers is misleading, as there seems to be a ton of other mechanics at work. Recoil with 600rpm weapons is easy enough to control, yet every kill is strangely inconsistent so I suppose there are quite the modifiers at work considering moving as well as burst lengths. I suppose there is way more spread involved than DICE ever told which is particularly noticeable as SIPS and the stupid spread increase multiplier that they likely kept. Spread decrease seems fairly low once more making bursting rather ineffective. Again DMRs and BAs seem largely unaffected.

Recoil also seems strangely random on the automatic weapons, but I can not put my finger on it. Maybe there are recoil multipliers for moving or something.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, August 23rd 2018, 11:29am

Hi guys,

BFV question: Movement and weapon handling... How is it?

BF4 is too fast for me and BF1 feels strange (own character is slow, while everyone else is fast af). How would you (who played BFV) describe the movement/gunplay, if I only have BF4 and BF1 as a reference ?

I know that Symthicians dont like the term "feeling" since Hardline, but the "feeling" of the movement and "gunplay" is for me the most important factor right now, even more than weapon balance.
still playin' Motorstorm

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 24th 2018, 1:35pm

Hi guys,

BFV question: Movement and weapon handling... How is it?

BF4 is too fast for me and BF1 feels strange (own character is slow, while everyone else is fast af). How would you (who played BFV) describe the movement/gunplay, if I only have BF4 and BF1 as a reference ?

I know that Symthicians dont like the term "feeling" since Hardline, but the "feeling" of the movement and "gunplay" is for me the most important factor right now, even more than weapon balance.

Hmm, movement felt off, but rather similar to BF1. I really can not get used to it. There are a few wonky bits, too, where your soldier will sometimes hold his weapon at angle and you can not get rid of it. It drives me crazy. Then there is the sliding and rolling stuff, that puts me off as well, albeit being realistic. It disorientates me and is detrimental to gameplay in my book. It does also seem that ADAD is very effective, naturally which such high TTK and low ROF, so I saw that quite a lot even in close quarters.

As far as the gunplay is concerned, I still think it feels horrible for the same reasons as BF1. Leaving stats aside that can change, it is very inconsistent obviously also from player to player. When I see videos on youtube the guns are all laserbeams, with no recoil and deadly accurate, but when I use them they bounce around and I miss because my bursts are too long. The game just does not give you the feeling that you are instinctively doing the right thing.
Much more pressing for the "feeling" of the guns are other factors though. The sound is unusually bad for a BF game, hard to localize and hear, or completely missing. The audio and visual cues of being hit or under fire are very limited. While they did get rid off the extreme muzzle flash of BF1, you are still fighting grey people in grey environments with a grey weapon with extreme lighting effects and huge amounts of visual clutter. All the while they removed any optical hints or help via minimap or spotting besides the autospot when aiming at someone, which does not really help the issue of identifying targets.

In conclusion, the gun mechanics are better in BFV than in BF1, but they did not adress the soft issues of low visibility (which was a huge problem in BF1) while also basically removing every form of help the previous games gave you to overcome it. Perfect example: You jump into a very dark house from an extremely bright outside, move up to the even darker attic, meet a guy in a grey uniform and shoot at him with your dark grey ironsights, while you could not have known that guy was up there by seeing, spotting or hearing him before. This makes weapon handling very inconsistent and feel bad.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 26th 2018, 8:14am

@VincentNZ

On movement, from the footage I saw, I believe the movement is similar to BF1 where forwards, strafing and backwards are of the same max velocity, as opposed to forward faster than others in BF3/4. Also the strafe acceleration looks pretty similar to BF1 pre-ADAD-spam-nerf, so I can see some ADAD spam being effective. And you can see youtubers utilizing it too.

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, August 31st 2018, 11:27pm

Really interesting thread about open beta changes and design philosophy, it also contain a comparison of AR and SMGs TTK between BF3, BF4 and BFV.

Battlefield V Open Beta Update Notes ? Battlefield Forums

Edit: I'm still reading but it appears that they're giving SMGs a longer effective range.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Daled" (Aug 31st 2018, 11:35pm)