Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, June 15th 2018, 11:14pm

With FO76 and PS supposedly releasing about a month after BFV, you know what I'm going to be playing anyway. PS will totally satisfy my tanking fun.

Doesn't PS actually require a crew to operate though?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, June 15th 2018, 11:57pm

With FO76 and PS supposedly releasing about a month after BFV, you know what I'm going to be playing anyway. PS will totally satisfy my tanking fun.

Doesn't PS actually require a crew to operate though?

Yeah but honestly I like that. BF3/BF4 was all about armor as a team experience, with the gunner/repair person being equally important as the driver. And usually capable of scoring very respectable kills and equal numbers of points. BF1 removed that whole experience completely, and BFV will obviously not have it either. The front gunners in BF1 had a shitty time, so that will translate 1:1 in BFV.

In PS the team experience is brought back to further extremes. I just hope they find a way of rewarding good drivers. I know with the way things stand right now, tank commanders are not getting very good scores.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 1:50am

The front gunners in BF1 had a shitty time, so that will translate 1:1 in BFV.

Only the St Chamond offered front gunners in BF1. Since both that position and the driver were limited by the same arc, you were only ever competing for kills anyway. Not to mention how unstable that tank was when traversing off-road, something which was especially frustrating if you weren't the one in control.

It doesn't appear that it will be quite the same shambles in BFV; probably half-way between BF1 and BF3/4. But one thing I really like is that all tanks seem to come with Artillery-Truck-like optics. That's quite a big deal for me.

With regards to the new limited ammunition, an optimistic view is that it will further reward intelligence/ awareness. A pessimistic one is that it will just thoroughly limit the potential of a highly-skilled tanker. I've yet to settle on either stance at this early stage, but I can't help but lean towards the latter.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 2:42am

With regards to the new limited ammunition, an optimistic view is that it will further reward intelligence/ awareness. A pessimistic one is that it will just thoroughly limit the potential of a highly-skilled tanker. I've yet to settle on either stance at this early stage, but I can't help but lean towards the latter.

I would have to say the latter. Bad tankers never got to run out of ammo. The only people who did were the ones good enough to survive up to that point.

An ammo limitation like this is a hard cap for good tankers. It's something irrelevant for everyone else.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 4:35am

The front gunners in BF1 had a shitty time, so that will translate 1:1 in BFV.

Only the St Chamond offered front gunners in BF1. Since both that position and the driver were limited by the same arc, you were only ever competing for kills anyway. Not to mention how unstable that tank was when traversing off-road, something which was especially frustrating if you weren't the one in control.

It doesn't appear that it will be quite the same shambles in BFV; probably half-way between BF1 and BF3/4. But one thing I really like is that all tanks seem to come with Artillery-Truck-like optics. That's quite a big deal for me.

Prior titles had this, we know exactly how it goes already. It doesn't even overly limit skilled tankers, it just trashes their SPMs/KPMs and forces them to be creative about redeployment.

Is there really a meaningful difference between going 40/3 versus 50/2 and getting like 750 SPM versus 900 SPM? It's just tedious busy working and soft nerfing some stats without really changing up gameplay all that much.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 7:09am

Panzer IV gameplay: https://youtu.be/F4Gt8HFJxS4

I'd love to see my favourite tank in action too.

What makes it your favourite, out of curiosity? I don't remember there being anything particularly special about it (unlike the Panzer V or Tigers).

I just really like the design, the Panzer IV, especially the short-barrel version is a nice all-round tank with clean lines, it just appeals to me. I do have to credit Girls und Panzer for properly introducing me to it, especially since it's the protagonist vehicle of the show. I'll definitely be building my BFV Panzer IV like this.

What makes it your favourite, out of curiosity? I don't remember there being anything particularly special about it (unlike the Panzer V or Tigers).

10 bucks says it's Darjeeling

I definitely love the Churchill too, its beefy and tough, but not in a way that makes it look derpy or overly aggressive. I guess it really does have a sort of British classiness to it; my favourite is the Panzer IV though. Thanks for the gorgeous new wallpaper!
Who Enjoys, Wins

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 2:53pm

I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating or not, but I swear I found the long barrel Panzer IV in BF V art but that gameplay uses the stubby howitzer, but is used as anti tank.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 5:13pm

I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating or not, but I swear I found the long barrel Panzer IV in BF V art but that gameplay uses the stubby howitzer, but is used as anti tank.

Maybe the long barreled Panzer IV is a variant that's not included in the pre-alpha?
bob

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 7:15pm

Maybe the long barreled Panzer IV is a variant that's not included in the pre-alpha?
Its in there. I remember concept art at the reveal showing it off. So at some point we will get it. That or they may be holding off till the Soviets show up since that's when the longer barrel shows up on the PZIV's.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, June 24th 2018, 7:45am

They aren't going to hide new weapons behind those craptacular assignments again, are they?? The assignments and quests were easily the worst part of BF1 for me...