Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 10:31pm

Squad revives give more points than killing a person? Building fortifications give points? Why?

Because blueberries flock to easy points like moths to light, huge rewards are pretty much the only thing that makes reviving a fellow player interesting for a casual gamer, same for building fortifications. These actions leave you vulnerable and unable to pretend to be John Rambo.

Also watching the trailer, I couldn't tell if I were watching BFV or CoD WW2 at times, I hope it turns out to be a great game and will likely be a good game anyway, but I'm reserved about how it's shaping up.

Snow levels remind me of BC2 so that's cool I guess.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, June 11th 2018, 6:35am

Because blueberries flock to easy points like moths to light, huge rewards are pretty much the only thing that makes reviving a fellow player interesting for a casual gamer, same for building fortifications. These actions leave you vulnerable and unable to pretend to be John Rambo.

I believe that is one of the significant reasons why we see so much zerging in BF1. People love to farm points.
Also watching the trailer, I couldn't tell if I were watching BFV or CoD WW2 at times, I hope it turns out to be a great game and will likely be a good game anyway, but I'm reserved about how it's shaping up.

Same. And CoD:WW2 lacks the immersion and authenticity for me.

Gameplay from Drift0r

According to him, sweetspot is gone in this build, but just look at the headshots at the beginning. A lot of the shots were nowhere near the head. The head hitbox here seems even bigger than BF4's.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, June 11th 2018, 7:39am

DICE-EA dropped the ball on marketing this game.

The War Stories trailer was meh.

In a weird cost cutting or age of plausible deniability, they'd rather have YouTubers do it on the cheap and/or take the heat when they do something that produces outrage.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, June 11th 2018, 9:24am

Got to play two rounds today, one match as Defenders as Medic and one as Attackers on Support.

The G43 felt really good to use as I expected it would, zero visual recoil meant being able to rapid tap targets quickly with ease. MP40 had a subtle kick, but nothing too bad. The Bren on the other hand had some pretty serious horizontal recoil, making it pretty tough to drop targets fast at midrange, even bipoded (or maybe I never set it up). Didn't know how to use it, as even doing 2 round bursts was just as difficult as magdumping. A couple of friends got to talk to the lead designer for BFV, and I actually wanted to ask him how he planned to balance the LMGs differently from the SMGs/ARs and if giving them huge horizontal recoil was the plan. Never got to ask though

Overall, the few weapons I got to try made the guns feel really crisp and good to fire. Much better than BF1. There's plenty of things I want to mention but I don't know where to start, other than the demo left a good impression for me. I'll write up something tomorrow maybe

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, June 11th 2018, 11:46am

DICE-EA dropped the ball on marketing this game.

The War Stories trailer was meh.

In a weird cost cutting or age of plausible deniability, they'd rather have YouTubers do it on the cheap and/or take the heat when they do something that produces outrage.

Perhaps EA games saw the light and decided to cut drastically on PR budget and let it mitigate to development budget.
Did I say EA games? Never mind.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, June 11th 2018, 6:32pm

The "looking at ammo you pick up" animation immerses me so much, every time

Thank god they opted for that over AoEs, their lack of intrusion really broke my immersion.

Throwing grenades is still low risk-high reward, cool. That was never an issue, and doesn't have a proven solution anyway.

Being chained to a supply station looks fun

Already seen people bail from planes, driving away from teammates, ignoring downed squadmembers, but the advertised mechanics will take care of that

So glad dice has realized stripping away resources gives more viable options too

The near-removal of spotting in combination with photorealistic playermodels is really going to make the game appealing for new players, who are not used to the art style because it will be very intense and real getting shot from a person hiding in plain sight. Not to mention its positive effects on map flow readability (going to feel very cahotic, requiring players to be tactical).
Also, it will be great for teamplay as everyone will communicate instead and use the provided spotting utility to its fullest.

And they even removed RBD* (Random Bullet Deviation)!

*Random Bullet Deviation

Reddit really is a flawless feedback platform. Deliberation can be had without focus on emotional impact, lenght or timing of comments.

Yes there is some, but the good stuff isn't enough to offfset all this.

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)

Posts I should finish sometime:
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Vehicle gamplay
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 12:38am

Thank god they opted for that over AoEs, their lack of intrusion really broke my immersion.

So glad dice has realized stripping away resources gives more viable options too

The near-removal of spotting in combination with photorealistic playermodels is really going to make the game appealing for new players, who are not used to the art style because it will be very intense and real getting shot from a person hiding in plain sight. Not to mention its positive effects on map flow readability (going to feel very cahotic, requiring players to be tactical).
Also, it will be great for teamplay as everyone will communicate instead and use the provided spotting utility to its fullest.

I unironically love all of these things, I've been wanting BF to go in a more grounded, physically immersive, less video-gamey direction for years.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 1:26am

It gets pretty distracting at first, but I was told by a friend that it never interferes with any other action inside the game whether you're firing, ADSing, etc. Think the animation needs to be toned down itself so it covers much less of the left half of the screen and it should be fine. My only concern is that this sort of change makes pouches even more meta, as people need to be physically next to crates to pick up stuff

Quoted

Throwing grenades is still low risk-high reward, cool. That was never an issue, and doesn't have a proven solution anyway.

Hopefully something that they're looking at, the grenade throwing still felt almost as fast as BF1's animation.

Quoted

Already seen people bail from planes, driving away from teammates, ignoring downed squadmembers, but the advertised mechanics will take care of that

Play with a Support friend? You can't fix pubbies being stupid, other than reimplementing the Hardline mechanic of interacting with a Medic/Support for supplies, which I hope they do. I also heard anecdotally that the deprivation thing was only for Grand Operations, don't think it'll be in effect for Conquest. If that's true, Assaults are going to have the time of their lives straight up soloing tanks with 5 Panzerfausts and 3-4 Dynamite. Did I mention Dynamite can be thrown kinda far now and sticks to vehicles? Again, friend told me that and I never got it test it, but big if true.

Quoted

I'm more concerned about discerning what classes teammates are, since the customization can make that a chore to figure out. Sometimes, I even had trouble trying to figure out if someone was on my team or not. Actually seeing a person isn't difficult, the only thing that got in the way of that was the blinding snow effects on the second day of the Ops.

I'm not worried about the accessibility of the game to newcomers or veterans, as they'll either figure it out right away or not be interested in the game in the first place.

Quoted

*Random Bullet Deviation

Good riddance, BF1's own RBD and visual recoil made the game feel like shit to play. Won't be missed.

Quoted

Yes there is some, but the good stuff isn't enough to offfset all this.

BFV as I played the alpha, for a grand total of maybe ~45 mins, gave me the impression that it was on a far better platform and much more enjoyable experience than BF1's open beta 1 hour in. There's still some work to do, but I actually have a lot of hope for this game.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 5:14am

After playing at EA Play:

Both modes are lolbiased towards Defenders. During the paradrop mode, Attackers got stuck in a deathloop where they died parachuting or their airplane was shot down before they could even drop. Those of you who played Nelson Bay from BC2 will remember what I am talking about.

During the second mode, the ammo/health depot is literally on the flag defenders spawn on. The Attackers have pretty much one way into the point which is basically a giant bulletproof tunnel. Defenders can build like 5 walls of fortifications that force the Attackers to vault over. Defenders can grenade/explosive spam easily into those areas for easy kills. If they take any damage, they have a health depot for instant full health while Attackers get nothing. The walls they have for cracks that are basically murderholes that let you kill flanking Attackers easily. We took attackers down to <10 tickets and pulled back so we could see the rest of the map (which was drastically better).

Tanks suck even worse than BF1. Tank MGs, Halftrack MGs, etc. have 10x the drop and spread of the infantry equivalent. Effective range is <30m. Even if you compensate for the drop, the spread won't let you hit anything. It's more effective to use the halftrack or tank as a bipod platform instead of using the mounted MGs. The velocity feels legitimately like a suppressed rifle's from BF3 or 4. Would estimate no higher than 300m/s, probably even 250 m/s. Spread is worse than anything I've ever seen. They give us turrets and armor but took away any semblance of damage output. The amount of clutter and stuff tanks get stuck on also seems to point towards the map being made for infantry play instead of vehicles.

Sturmtiger gun has no traverse. With the amount of elevation differences on the sector it's usable on, this kills any utility it has. It also drives horribly slow. The thing's top speed must be 2 kmh or something. Found one that was abandoned at 50% HP and 0 ammo. Spent 2 minutes driving to a resupply point that was only about 100m away tops. Spent another minute on it holding X waiting for the process to finish. By the time I was done, we were moving sectors. And the 380mm rocket doesn't even hit that hard. The thing handled more like a bad tank destroyer than the building destroying beast it was alleged to be. If I wanted a good Sturmtiger, I'd go play Company of Heroes 2. That thing is a monster.

Got buddy revived once when we were falling back. Immediately hit redeploy because 35 health. Reviving anyone that isn't next to a Medic is pointless. They just die in 1-2 shots anyways. Also didn't really bother reviving people anyways. I just picked up ammo pouches off their corpse and let them respawn for more explosive spam.

The absence of Suppression is extremely noticeable. Spent ~30 LMG rounds shooting at a sniper's head that was about 4 pixels large. He headshot me through it.

Switched to sniper rifle and was welcomed by the binary experience of snipers from BF4. Either you hit the head or you don't get a kill. Hollywood sniper rifles just feel bad. Sometimes you're lucky and hit a dude that was already shot by someone else. Sweetspot pls. Damage isn't even high enough to get Assist Counts As Kill apparently. Given the small size of the sector and the funneled nature, the head was obviously easy enough of a target. Get to larger maps and I wish you luck. Using a bipod LMG was also more efficient because you got superior firepower, infinite ammo, and still got the spotting flare as long as you could see the target (scoped LMGs when?). Scout gets a shitty rifle, the spotting flare, and a telescope that presumably might be used for MGO3 Marking but it certainly didn't seem like it worked. Spot Flare radius is hilariously large too. Prob 100m radius or something close to it.

Animation for pouches was bothersome at first then tuned out after about a minute in. It's intrusive the first time it shows up and I wasn't very impressed by it. No one seemed to be.

Depots are tied to the owner of the flag hence Defender bias in these modes. Attackers have no way to sustain their offensive while Defenders effectively have infinite health/ammo on demand. There's no reason for them to venture outside of the reach of the depot. DICE wants players to care about ammo usage and then gives such easy access to ammo? They just sit on it and spam explosives at the Attackers from complete safety. Only Attackers have to care about ammo since they are forced to bring Supports for it. Resupply mechanics actually end up encouraging even more spam because the timer is attached to the box and not per weapon. You can press E on the box once every ~10s for ammo and get full replenish. So basically you cannot balance weapons through ammo anymore. Everything gets full replenish at the same time. Health crate is similarly hilariously OP for whoever owns the flag. Instant full health.

The absence of 3D spotting (or at least how it works currently) sucks for people like me. It also means if you see a guy, you have to deal with them yourself because no one else will notice. Maybe if VOIP worked things would be different.

Graphics are top notch as is sound.

Destruction level is fairly detailed for houses.

Emplacements are in areas that more or less make sense and if you don't like it, you can always move it. I can see a strategy where players will attempt to capture all emplacements (especially AA) and bring them to their side of the map.

Playing the same map at different times of day is pretty cool.

Traversing the map as infantry is really smooth. Even better than BF1.

Pistols hit really hard. Was a more viable weapon than sniper rifles at any rate.

The heavier weapons like the belt-fed MGs require you to bipod to ADS which is interesting as a balance mechanic. Makes them utterly shit at CQB which is great. But the spread just reminds me of tank MGs.

If you enjoy Project Reality and like infantry, this is the Battlefield for you.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Jun 12th 2018, 5:21am)

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(674)

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 7:09am

After playing at EA Play:

Both modes are lolbiased towards Defenders. During the paradrop mode, Attackers got stuck in a deathloop where they died parachuting or their airplane was shot down before they could even drop. Those of you who played Nelson Bay from BC2 will remember what I am talking about.

That's the intention though. Operations is supposed to be more thematic and represent the struggle and the grind against well fortified defenders. If you've ever played Day of Defeat on something like Omaha map then you have a good idea. You get absolutely slaughtered those first few waves but eventually blow up some walls and start making your way to the bunkers.

Additionally, my understanding from this videois that the British get more plane spawns than do the Germans at certain points so they have air superiority and I imagine with a fair or better pilot that would ease the advance somewhat. Then of course we have to consider that only a fraction of the game is playable right now. I imagine something like mortars and rifle grenades and the accompanying shockwave mechanic along with smoke should make things significantly less brutal for attackers.

I understand that you were underwhelmed by the sniper rifles but how was the velocity? If the lethality was reduced did they appear to increase the velocity to make hits slightly easier?

Is snowman as OP as it appears to be?