Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,975)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 1:07am

Can't wait for IR optics to make their triumphant return then.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 1:10am

I expect they will, though with how BFV appears to be set up, they'll likely be restricted to a Scout subclass or similar. We won't have BF4's "night vision on every single gun and vehicle" situation going on.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 1:21am

I expect they will, though with how BFV appears to be set up, they'll likely be restricted to a Scout subclass or similar. We won't have BF4's "night vision on every single gun and vehicle" situation going on.

THINK AGAIN MOTHER @#%$ER! See Battlefield has always been about fun so when you see a strong independent non-binary handicapable person wielding one of these in both of Zur Hook hands, you will experience World War 2 like has never been experienced before.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The World Champion" (May 26th 2018, 1:28am)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,218)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 2:10am

And there was the guy that landed on D-Day with his bow. And the Korean fighting for the Germans, and whatever bizarre anecdote people come up with. True stories, but totally irrelevant in the grand context of the war. There is a distinction betwenn history and a story. OSS and SOE did employ female agents, but even that is a sidenote. It is fine though to shine some spotlight on this in the singleplayer, so a female Norwegian resistance fighter, not a stretch and puts a woman in the spotlight, that might even be immersive. Female german amputee soldierettes with a Katana, not so much, but I suppose somebody can make a fine anime out of this. It is stupid and immersion killing, because everybody knows that his/her Greatgrandma did not fight in WWII. Nobody knows though that the Sturmtiger never got any real use, neither did the Sturmgewehr. Also Nazis never fled to Antarctica either, but I am sure DICE can fit in a map with some Reichsflugscheiben.

It is just as stupid as the Black German sniper. Yep we know of one black soldier playing the tambourine, but the way DICE did it is just cheap. I am totally happy with including black soldiers in the german ranks, but friggin' go all the way and spend some time making a map in the german colonies, where everybody plays an Askari. That is history right there. But that would have cost more money, wouldn't it, making all new player models? Instead they just segregated races again. Oh the indian is the medic dude, and the black guy is the sniper. Also why are all the Italians obviously Italian, although they had colonies in Libya and Ethiopia?

The stuff is just for show, and that is what is wrong with it. If you really want an impact, make it random, make it according to numbers, so that the one female or the one amputee stick out like a sore thumb. Look for historic precedents, where it makes sense. Create awareness instead of mindless provocation and you might make a difference.

I guess every WWII game ever should be nothing but Omaha Beach and generic, white US GIs then. Focusing on the untold stories, the unsung heroes, the experimental weapons, and underrepresented locations are the truly interesting elements, and what make it not a clone of every WWII movie, TV series, and video game made between 1995 and 2005. I can look at any of that if I want boring, bland, bog-standard, stereotypical WWII content.

What Battlefield does is it takes all the most interesting and unknown elements from a given time period and mashes them all together to create a wonderful sandbox of tools and locations and characters to use, things most people have likely never heard of or couldn't possibly see or use today. Battlefield games are not documentaries, nor are they intended to be. And the games are richer and more expansive as a result.

If it existed between 1939 and 1945, it's fair game.

What crazy unknown story is it that random William Wallace, Samurai Black Dude and Amputee Ygritte are telling? There is none. Black army members were not allowed to fight, North African French soldiers were treated like shit and Russian Soldiers were put into the meatgrinder. That is a crying shame. So make use of these elements. So if you play french forces, make them all North African where it makes sense. If you play on a Russian map be sure to put a heaps of bodies on it. If you want blacks in a fighting role, I am sure you can find precedents in the italian campaign. So spawn as a black soldier there. This likely has more impact than a face full of black german snipers or whatever they come up with.

And if you want to look at really obscure things or really want to celebrate some unsung heroes, use the singleplayer for that. Play as the D-Day Robin Hood, or the Korean Wehrmacht soldier. A female SOE agent, or if you want to go authentic, play a female factory worker in London that has just been bombed by a V2. Now that is unsung.

I personally have no problem with the experimental shit, nobody even knows that semi-automatic weaponry came to the Wehrmacht rather late or that most german tanks were not a Tiger, it is the stupid randomness of putting races into a game to just become a meaningless trope that actually enhances stereotypes and that really gets to me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 2:15am

Yeah, god forbid we have character customization in a game. Which, I feel you missed, is exactly what the player characters in the trailer were examples of. They were designed with maximum customized elements for the trailer to show off what can be done with the system.

Don't like it? Make all your soldiers Band of Brothers clones.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,218)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 10:27am

Yeah, god forbid we have character customization in a game. Which, I feel you missed, is exactly what the player characters in the trailer were examples of. They were designed with maximum customized elements for the trailer to show off what can be done with the system.

Don't like it? Make all your soldiers Band of Brothers clones.

We do not know yet what they will finally put into the game and customization itself is not bad. I critisise the fact that you can run around (likely) as every gender and with any skincolour, which does not even make sense for the US army. I can only assume this is for all factions unless they want the players to create one soldeir for each faction and class, which would be preferable for me, but is a bit too much.
And in an FPS shooter your own appearance does not matter at all, since you can not see yourself in the game. Other people see your appearance. So while I can make a "loreful" trooper, I will still have 63 females with prosthetic arms. So I can run around Private Ryan style, but constantly meet people from Fallout. So if I wanted to immerse myself, I am dependent on other people.

It is also a balance issue, when you can not identify classes by their appearance, but that is a minor thing. Maybe it will not turn out too bad, but aviator jackets, and no helmets are a stretch already, while cricket bats, prosthetics and katanas are just stupid.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 8:42pm

IR is not the same as thermal, though. No bright white soldiers silhouetted against a dark background. Pretty useless during the day as well. No big deal.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 10:01pm

So if I wanted to immerse myself, I am dependent on other people.

Welcome to multiplayer games.

BFV's character design, diversity, and selection looks to be almost exactly in line with Rainbow Six: Siege, which to me is the perfect middle ground of feeling military/authentic combined with character variety and player choice.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 2:01am

Trailer looks promising. Having played pubg for a while I am also curious about COD's take on battleroyale at this stage. Something needs to be said about freedom this "mode" offers.

Would it be surprising to y'all if EA's got BR mode cooking for a later reveal in BF5?

Date of registration

Battlelog: