Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 11:32am

From a day one BF veteran: this whole reveal, ''all the footage'' about it made me cringe harder than scratching nails on a schoolbord.

The grande operations mode is pretty much a copy+paste from Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm. Nothing new there.
This is an insult to WW2. WW2 enthousiasts (historical know it alls) are saying roughly the same reading on forums.

So far what I've seen is mainly CoD. Not BF.
Edit: all the details (the new features) that I've heard from Jackfrags are really attractive though.
RIP Sraw

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Iwo_Jima" (May 24th 2018, 11:46am)

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 12:44pm

blops 4 and BF5 seems to have been on full parody mode.

Gameplay wise, I'm sure it's great, but there's a lot of... weird things that most fans find contentious as it seems like a quick money grab to pander to the latest gaming trends.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 1:10pm

blops 4 and BF5 seems to have been on full parody mode.

Gameplay wise, I'm sure it's great, but there's a lot of... weird things that most fans find contentious as it seems like a quick money grab to pander to the latest gaming trends.

Yeah kind of, with the Battle Royale mode of Black Ops and the Fortniteish trailer of BFV.

Although I have to admit that the battle royale concept with the faster gunplay and movement of CoD does sound like fun.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 2:43pm

Just out of curiosity, what is the major objection against elite kits and behemoths?? Yes they can be annoying sometimes but none of them are gamebreaking...

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 2:59pm

I posted a write-up on reddit with all of the gameplay changes and features coming in Battlefield V. It's quite an expansive list. I'm pretty hyped at the moment. Many of the changes are things I've been wanting to see in Battlefield since before BF3.

EDIT: I reposted the list of Battlefield V changes per JackFrags video in a separate thread here.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Novan Leon" (May 24th 2018, 4:13pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 3:02pm

From a day one BF veteran: this whole reveal, ''all the footage'' about it made me cringe harder than scratching nails on a schoolbord.

The grande operations mode is pretty much a copy+paste from Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm. Nothing new there.
This is an insult to WW2. WW2 enthousiasts (historical know it alls) are saying roughly the same reading on forums.

So far what I've seen is mainly CoD. Not BF.

That's my #1 gripe as well... As an amateur history buff I love the fact that DICE put in an honest effort in trying to stay accurate to the era in BF1 (Yes I know a whole lot of compromise was made in the name of aesthetics, playability and balance) I'm still not sure about what the hell I watched yesterday, but I do know it was *NOT* the Second World War -- Unless like I said elsewhere we're going to be doing some kind of Wolfenstein type of technologically advanced alt history...

This is also the part where I'm supposed to say something about the amputee girlie commando leader, but her mere presence in the trailer pisses off all the right people so let's keep her... :P

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 7:03pm

Moved thread to (new) BF:V section.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 10:29pm

To put it short... The trailer did not impress me at all.

The BF1 Reveal was a lot more catchy. It's like BF "won" over CoD (if they think that) and they dont put effort in it any more.

Pride comes before the fall! Jumped on the bandwagon with BF3 (I know late) but right now even CoD looks more attractive and even then just merely.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 10:33pm

The BF1 Reveal was a lot more catchy. It's like BF "won" over CoD (if they think that) and they dont put effort in it any more.

Pride comes before the fall! Jumped on the bandwagon with BF3 (I know late) but right now even CoD looks more attractive and even then just merely.

Perhaps you should not only watch the trailer, while not catching up on other posts and videos, including the previous posts in this thread.

For example.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 10:40pm

What exactly was it that you did not enjoy? Or where do you think the new CoD will excel?