Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Ritobasu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 1:01am

Battlefield V?

Surprised that there's no discussion about it posted here yet. :P

Some of the gameplay tidbits that were leaked out by the usual YouTubers sounded like we'd be getting a much slower but deliberately paced Battlefield. The details I can recall off the top of my head

• You can "dive" in any direction into prone, including diving backwards and landing on your ass and then shoot.
  • Healing and Ammo resupplying will all be done manually by hand, with animations. No more magic healing and refilling your ammo/gadgets.
  • Reviving can by done by any class now, but is a lengthy process (Medics will revive much faster and leave someone at full HP, but still have to go through the same animations)
  • Ammo and Health deprivation is a serious thing now, since people will spawn in with less ammo and HP will not fully restore to 100% but a set amount. You can scrounge ammunition off of dead bodies, and Ammo/Health full resupplies are available at flags.
  • Something about a new recoil/spread system in "where the gun is pointing, the bullet will go". No more anticipating and working with random bullet deviation?
  • Most importantly, NO MORE ELITE KITS AND BEHEMOTHS. (I'm pleasantly surprised DICE recognized that both were catastrophic gameplay failures and detrimental to the franchise)

There's tons of other things that I haven't mentioned yet, but it sounds like we're getting something much more different than BF1 compared to BF3 to 4's progression. Speaking as someone who was extremely disappointed in how BF1 turned out, I'm actually pretty interested in how the BFV beta will play.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 1:04am

I posted my thoughts in the BF1 forum, but long story short I was less than enthused after seeing that trailer

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 1:22am

Best Battlefield trailer I've ever seen with my eyeballs, and everything I've heard about the design/gameplay sounds fantastic too. I'm just getting home from work now so not a ton to comment on yet. I haven't been this hyped for a new game in a long time. :love:
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 1:44am

We should probably reserve judgment until someone actually gets to play. Everything right now is meaningless conjecture.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 2:36am

Seems to be a big emphasis on squad play (squad members reviving each other, needing to get ammo/health from squad members, and from some of Polygon's coverage of the game, it seems you are placed into a squad prior to joining the match, then stay with that squad between rounds), which is good for friend groups, but might be bad for solo players who get put with randoms.

No spread (at least on some weapons; I read an article that hinted that some weapons might still have spread, but others won't), which probably pleases a bunch of people. It seems that there is now variable recoil instead, so that the first few bullets kick less than the ones afterwards, probably building off of the recoil FSM from older games.

What I'm still looking for is the vehicle gameplay. I really want 2-seat turreted armored vehicles. I play with my GF and BF1 just wasn't fun because vehicles were a huge hassle. Guns only pointing 1 direction and only 1 seat having an effective weapon in many vehicles. I know that DICE was limited by the tanks of WW1, so given that tanks with turrets became the dominant design by WW2, I'm hopeful on this front. Another thing I didn't like about BF1 was the vehicle spawning system where you could choose which tank to spawn as. I thought it was bad for vehicle and map balance. I don't mind needing to select the vehicle from the spawn screen, but I hope they make the vehicle composition static on each map.

The destruction looks greatly improved. I read an article that stated that the destruction system has been enhanced to simulate the impact of each projectile on the environment, so debris will move based on the type of round and the angle at which it hit the environment. I think that's great, although I really hope they do something about debris synchronization between players.

Beyond that, the trailer was pretty much "hype action shots with a dabble of UI to make it look like gameplay" and isn't indicative of actual gameplay from actual players, so I'll wait for E3 before making a judgement on the gameplay. But I'm hopeful for this release.

• "Ritobasu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 4:14am

A jackfrags video mentioned that vehicles will be faction restricted and will be asymmetrically balanced. Don't think we'll be seeing Tiger tanks on the British Empire or USA, so I'm hoping the failure of a vehicle slot system BF1 had is also scrapped. :thumbsup:

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 4:37am

Reeing aside from the shoe-horning of immersion breaking inclusion of scenario inaccurate female soldiers...

There's gonna be a lot of cosmetic lootbox opportunities (tank cosmetics, foliage camo, face paint, prosthetic arms? lmao)

Having that many Churchills seems weird since it's a heavy tank, I do wish there was at least medium-heavy-tank destroyer variants since armored warfare played a big part in WW2.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 7:48am

A jackfrags video mentioned that vehicles will be faction restricted and will be asymmetrically balanced. Don't think we'll be seeing Tiger tanks on the British Empire or USA, so I'm hoping the failure of a vehicle slot system BF1 had is also scrapped. :thumbsup:

Jack's video is definitely the best source for everything right now. There's so much amazing stuff in here, BF3/4/H/1 were all iterations of the same game design, but BFV is a whole revamp like we haven't seen since the shift from BC2 to BF3. And I'm so excited for every single new mechanic and element I've heard about so far.

I really wish people would realize that the main characters in the trailer are very heavily customized, because showing off customization is the whole idea. If you want super bland, realistic WWI style for your soldiers and gear, you can do that.

The concept art looks absolutely gorgeous, and I love the gameplay's far richer colour palette; I'm glad we're moving away from the desaturated look.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 10:44am

Had I just watched the 30 minute of reveal stream, I would be very disappointed. I was not very pleased with the devs talking about building stuff on the battlefield and what stupid customizations you can put on your soldier. It made the game sound like Fortnitefield. I also find it very unfortunate to put something on the stream, that bugged me a lot in BF1, and that is being bludgeoned to death by a guy that spawned on the person that I am bludgeoning to death myself thanks to overlong takedown animations.

The trailer shows that they go from the serious tone of WWI to the jolly good times of 75 years ago. Woopty-doo.

They did not talk about game mechanics at all, but the few things they did let out I was not that pleased with, either. Also they did not let anything loose about financing. Yep there will not be a Season Pass, but I would like to know how they instead want to get my money. If it will be just cosmetic items (yeah, right), or what kind of content they will lock behind a paywall.

It was not until I read some additional stuff on gamestar.de and through the german reveal, that I saw what kind of changes they will also implement. Also Jackfrags went into great detail about the mechanics. Here I acknowledge the fact that they changed everything from BF1, and that they will seemingly experiment a lot, but I can not agree with jackfrags conclusions or some suposed design intentions.
First of all, it is obvious that they focus more on visual mumbo-jumbo again, with the ragdoll physics, the flexible destruction and the super "immersive" customization options. To me it just seems that BFV will increase the workload on our PCs needlessly with a system that is also prone to bugs and exploits.
As far as mechanics go, getting rid of spread to a degree I find rather stupid, but is an obvious choice with the overemphasis on spread. I do not know what to think of recoil patterns but I have no idea how this increases the skilllevel, or how raising the ceiling is even a good thing. It is also counterintuitive and unauthentic.
I have no clue what game the developers played in the last ten years, but I think it is clear that revives never were a very common thing in the standard modes so why would they add a second-long animation onm this? Why would I revive anyone if I am a sitting duck for 3 seconds? Why would I grab and drag a guy to do the same? Players just do not work like that, and the fact that I can revive squadmates for an even longer animation does not help either.
Also why would I just not force a bleed-out and spawn again with likely more health? A tiered health system is just an as bad choice. If I am not at full health most of the time, why would I not always play a medic and drop my own bags? This lowers the incentive of playing other classes unless the medic weapons are horrible (which they will likely be).
While I agree with focusing more on teamplay and squadplay, I think they are totally not calculating with player mindsets. I am fine when I play with my mates, cool. But what if the enemy squads are just plain better and I have V1s coing down middle, left and right? What If I spawn with minimal ammo and have no flags to resupply, while the enemy team has 5 flags to do so? Wouldn't players leave and further increase the downhill slope of my team?
It is the same with the grand operations mode. Besides nobody having time for 3-4 matches in a row, if my team does badly on day one and is penalized for that, my team will just leave for the next.

My biggest issue, because this is obviously the main focus, since they only talked about it are the customizations. Putting leaves on your MG42 is cool. Painting your tank for better camouflage, or putting hay on it is cool. Playing a female German soldier with a Katana on her back and a clown wig is not. Yeah you can "roleplay" the standard GI, when 63 other players roleplay tankgirl, you will be the exotic one. It also has quite obvious balance issues: You never know what class and/or potential gun you are up against unless they make eight different variations of the same item.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 11:18am

I don't really know what to think about this hippie dream trailer and I lack information to make any assessments on the gameplay changes.

I'll consider BFV to be WW2-era Bad Company game in disguise.