Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 24th 2014, 7:51pm

Maybe it could be a subforum which requires mod approval on the first post of the thread to start it?
sounds like a good idea, but it also sounds like it's unnecessary work for the mods.

I think it would be easier for them to read the first post of a thread to determine if it's worth being posted than it would be for them to keep up with a thread to notice when it's falling apart. I could be wrong though, the first read would have to be more in-depth than the "continuous reading" way.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, March 24th 2014, 8:00pm

It could very well have a stickied thread that lists the rules required to post. Something like "All proposed changes must have a)________________________, b)____________________, c)_________________________,etc. Failure to do so will result in a deletion. No exceptions."
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, March 24th 2014, 8:02pm

Considering the latest balance threads people have created on this forum, i'd be reticent about making them easier to find.

The hidden agenda is, of course, that one can choose not to view a sub-forum at all. :rolleyes:
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, March 24th 2014, 8:11pm

Exactly.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 12:41am

Considering the latest balance threads people have created on this forum, i'd be reticent about making them easier to find.

The hidden agenda is, of course, that one can choose not to view a sub-forum at all. :rolleyes:

I meant i was reticent about making them easier to find for "outside" people looking in. I don't really mind sub-fora; i have only 5 of them on.

Andreas

Bandreas

(22)

• "Andreas" has been banned

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 6:13am

I meant i was reticent about making them easier to find for "outside" people looking in. I don't really mind sub-fora; i have only 5 of them on.

We could just make a subforum called "Balance thoughts and suggestions" and immediately ban anyone stupid enough to post in it.

This post by "ToTheSun!" (Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 9:00am) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:03am)

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 8:34am

What is there to discuss in such proposals when neither the proposer nor the community has any means for getting those changes into the game? Balance changes are designed, decided, and implemented by DICE without much considerations about what the community thinks.
Except of course that we know DICE does get feedback from the community, presumably from what they consider to be the more reasoned discussion sites. If DICE did a customer survey they would be asking "what did you like/not like about BF4 and what do you think could be done to improve it?" then we wouldn't need speculative threads here or on other sites, but they don't.
I think such a discussion is perfectly valid, especially on a site such as Symthic where people tend to think more rather than just using it as an opportunity to rant.
I still don't quite see why any general discussion (however speculative) should be against the forum rules in a general discussion forum. As I said previously, I can see the logic in rigidly restricting the sort of discussion being performed in the Technical Discussion forum and the current rules are perfect for that, but that logic doesn't hold true for the general discussion or off-topic forums.

Would it be useful to add some further clarification to those rules or maybe even have modified rules for the less technical forums?

Legion

(1,520)

• "Legion" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, January 5th 2016, 10:33pm

Small update to the rules.
Some people apparently thought that the last part of rule 3 only referred to DICE. It has been updated to clearly refer to all developers that are talked about in this forum.
Bro of Oscar, the gentleman ninja
Rules. Read them, follow them.

Quoted

[22:09:20] Failure117: Legion: Tank Expert and Pokemon Afficianado

[16:21:16] Oscar Perez Lijo: In soviet russia legion is top poster

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, January 6th 2016, 12:41am

Small update to the rules.
Some people apparently thought that the last part of rule 3 only referred to DICE. It has been updated to clearly refer to all developers that are talked about in this forum.

Well, the rule is giving a false statement though, some developers really are incompetent and/or stupid as well as intentionally screwing you over

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again