Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "xESxMaver1ck911" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, November 1st 2015, 1:00pm

Point of Aim on Attack Helo

What is the true point of aim on rockets and TOW missiles? Is it the tip of that upside-down T shape or is it the cross of the small T at the bottom?
Thanks much. I've tried target practice but the combo of me flying and moving targets is so inconclusive.
"Reporting for duty commander" *Cue MEC loading theme*

Gamer tag = xESxMaver1ck911

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, November 1st 2015, 1:13pm

Dumbfire rockets tend to fly towards the middle of the double T crosshair (+/-relative chopper velocity).
TOWs fly towards the centre of your aimpoint.

Monday, November 2nd 2015, 3:16am

If you want to be hella precise, it's near the middle of the I-bar, but just slightly above the centre. About the width of the bar itself (like 1 or 2 pixels) above centre.

Also watch out, the 'tracer' for the TOW missiles is not where the missile is. The rocket that powers the missile and the smoke trail it leaves, aren't really where the missile is... And the TV missile camera is slightly above the missile itself (watch out for this one when skimming over an obstacle)

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, November 2nd 2015, 5:46am

If you want to be hella precise, it's near the middle of the I-bar, but just slightly above the centre. About the width of the bar itself (like 1 or 2 pixels) above centre.

Ok, but don't the rockets actually hit either side of the reticle rather than converging in the center?

Also watch out, the 'tracer' for the TOW missiles is not where the missile is. The rocket that powers the missile and the smoke trail it leaves, aren't really where the missile is.

So where is it then? Does it still track to the point where your center crosshair is pointing? If I'm trying to TOW another air vehicle or a fast-moving ground vehicle I usually look at the TOW itself rather than the crosshair. Where should I be looking instead?

the TV missile camera is slightly above the missile itself (watch out for this one when skimming over an obstacle)

So that explains all the apparent dusting I've been experiencing with TVs!

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 2nd 2015, 5:54am

Ok, but don't the rockets actually hit either side of the reticle rather than converging in the center?

Used to.

Changed long ago.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, November 2nd 2015, 4:40pm

Depending on velocity it can land anywhere from the top of the I to the bottom of the I. When you are flying forward looking at the ground it will land at the bottom. Looking at the ground while decelerating/losing altitude basically. It will land at the top.

So there is no EXACT stop. Its a semi-predictive sight. The EXACT stop depends on your velocity.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net