Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "asagoe" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 15th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, October 7th 2015, 6:13pm

Optimal vehicle and soldier sensitivity?

Hello, I was wondering if adjusting those percentages in option menu has any significant performance impact, because ever since penultimate patch (I think?) my handling of vehicles (did not test mobile aa, scout helicopter and attack jet) is rather hilarious: when I want to reverse, I go back and left, rather than just back; I cannot make sharp turns at full speed (sometimes it feels I am turning at turtle speed). In general, maneuverability of all vehicles seems a bit "heavy or slow" (except attack helicopter for some reason). I am more interested in console players answers; my soldier and vehicle sensitivity is at 33 atm, is that too low, or too high? My left console stick (or rubber part of it) that is used for vehicle movement is worn out (I use lefty veteran for all vehicles), does that make a difference? I do not have issue of moving when standing still, but my bipod generally can be deployed just for one shot at a time. I tried test range, but cannot really find definitive answer there. Long story short, is there a "pro" sensitivity value that allows for greater turning maneuverability when in vehicles? Thank you for your answers in advance.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, October 8th 2015, 6:53am

Personally i wish they made it so you could choose a sensitivity for each vehicle type. I find that the IFVs and MAA are fine with high sensitivity but then that bones other vehicles like jeeps and mraps. At the moment I think mine is fairly low. I need it to be that way though since it makes hitting ranged targets with jeeps, mraps and rhib/ chopper miniguns much easier (for example it is now fairly easy to hit enemies across the map with the MRAP gun ie from B flag on rogue transmission to the tower or crane at E)

you pretty much have to ask yourself whether you want to be able to land precise shots or spin the turret around really fast to be able to watch for flanks and C4 users. One is more effective for long range, the other is better for getting up close and capping flags. low sensitivity still works ok up close but can make the vehicle feel a bit fat

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, October 8th 2015, 7:53am

Quoted

Personally i wish they made it so you could choose a sensitivity for each vehicle type.

I completely agree with that, it makes a big difference depending on which vehicle you're in.

Regarding the sensitivity of your controller it all comes down to personal preference, I don't think there's such thing as 'the perfect' sensitivity setting. On PS4 I currently use 50% and every now and then I increase it with max. 3-5% at a time (until I've found the sweet spot). If you haven't already I would increase your sensitivity and see if that works for you. As mentioned, a little at a time; say 3-5% after a couple of matches.

A higher sensitivity means that your turning speed increases, this however doesn't apply to all vehicles in general since turrets have a maximum speed of turning.
Battlefield Veteran
BF 1942 (PC) | BF2: Modern Combat (PS2) | BF2 (PC) | BF 2142 (PC) | BFBC1 (PS3) | BF 1943 (PS3) | BF3 (PS3) | BF4 (PS4) | BF Hardline (PS4)

PSN: ThaDreamerz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ThaDreamerz" (Oct 8th 2015, 8:01am)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 8th 2015, 9:27am

Quoted

Personally i wish they made it so you could choose a sensitivity for each vehicle type.

I completely agree with that, it makes a big difference depending on which vehicle you're in.
Even though that is what we needed the most with regards to vehicle sensitivity (+non-broken turrets on high tickrate servers) it won't happen. The reason is that the localization budget for bf4 is already spent (i.e. It won't happen because the required settings menu can't be translated to all the languages that BF4 is sold in). Some dev tweeted about it, but I'm on a mobile device atm so I don't feel like digging it up.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, October 8th 2015, 10:52am

Quoted

Even though that is what we needed the most with regards to vehicle sensitivity (+non-broken turrets on high tickrate servers) it won't happen. The reason is that the localization budget for bf4 is already spent (i.e. It won't happen because the required settings menu can't be translated to all the languages that BF4 is sold in). Some dev tweeted about it, but I'm on a mobile device atm so I don't feel like digging it up.

Hmmm... interesting, however not very surprising... They've been pretty busy so resources run out eventually.
Battlefield Veteran
BF 1942 (PC) | BF2: Modern Combat (PS2) | BF2 (PC) | BF 2142 (PC) | BFBC1 (PS3) | BF 1943 (PS3) | BF3 (PS3) | BF4 (PS4) | BF Hardline (PS4)

PSN: ThaDreamerz