Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 12:59am

It's ok to be wrong. we're here to help. It's not ok to make claims counter to the numbers shown here.

Good thing, since we were both wrong. I was right about boats, right about LAV tops and wrong about LAV backs. You were wrong about boats and LAV tops but right about LAV backs :) (Having double-checked the files just now)
Edit: To be clear, I wunderstand how the mechanics work of boat side damage, but the result is that it *does* matter whther you hit it from the front, back or sides. This is where I believe the misunderstanding I referred to earlier, exists. I'm not "playing it off", and my edit is not misinformation, it's me wondering why I might be confused about it.... so stop being a dick.

This is why two heads are better than one :)

You don't have to be rude yaknow. You're kinda coming across dickish right now. Maybe it's just a text/internet/language barrier thing.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "KDNS" (Oct 1st 2015, 1:09am)

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 1:08am

No.

You're wrong about all of it. gonna quote

@Labby

's post again, which provides the numbers we seek.

Quoted

Tank Front: 0.9 min to 1.25 max

Tank Side: 0.9 min to 1.65 max

Tank Rear: 0.9 min to 2.45 max

Tank Top: 0.9 min to 1.65 max

This shows tanks have four facings, three of which are different. As both Labby and I described to our friend the OP.

Quoted

IFV and MAA, All Sides and Top: 0.75 min to 1.38 max

Gonna quote this again

Quoted

IFV and MAA, All Sides and Top: 0.75 min to 1.38 max

ALL sides INCLUDING/AND the TOP have the SAME modifiers. depending on ANGLE struck. as described by Myself and Labby.

Quoted

FAC Sides, front and rear count as min angle side hits: 0.9 min to 1.45 max

FAC ( boats ) have two facings, ONLY TWO. Both are identical, exactly like the IFV. There is no rear or front. Just right side and left side.

No weak spots. Just angles. Hence why labby said - the [Visually] rear and front are Min-angle hits ( doing lowest damage, because of poor angle of attack )

EDIT -

Quoted

You don't have to be rude yaknow. You're kinda coming across dickish right now. Maybe it's just a text/internet/language barrier thing.

It's not rude to point out that you're wrong on all points.

This isn't a discussion or an argument. The numbers say one thing, you are saying another.

The numbers are perfectly consistent with my experience ingame, as Team Symthics previous ( as in, used to be ) Armour lead for BF3 and BF4. Being correct about damage values for tanks was somewhat important.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 1:10am

Like I just said.....

Edit: FYI, IFVs and FAC have glitch spots just like the MBT do. They DO have weak spots. But I guess that's a different question again.

Seriously man stop being so rude.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 1:14am

Like I just said.....

Quoted

I was right about boats, right about LAV tops and wrong about LAV backs. You were wrong about boats and LAV tops but right about LAV backs :) (Having double-checked the files just now)

No, NOT like you just said. LAV tops are identical to LAV backs, and to LAV front and sides. AS DESCRIBED IN THE NUMBERS LABBY PROVIDED FROM THE FILES.

Same with the boats.

you can double-check the files all you like, they won't change.

I repeatedly quoted Labbys numbers, and the function exactly as written.

I'm not being a dick, you're just wrong.

(well, generally speaking I am a dick, but specifically here you're just wrong. I'm not calling you a moron, that'd be rude. I'm just saying you're wrong, and showing you where why and how.)

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 1:15am

Edit: FYI, IFVs and FAC have glitch spots just like the MBT do. They DO have weak spots. But I guess that's a different question again.

Seriously man stop being so rude.

I think you're seriously misunderstanding the nature of armour in this game.

Correcting misinformation isn't rudeness.

I can be rude if you like though, if it helps.

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 1:28am

It's not correcting misinformation that's rude, it's the way you're doing it... and you're already being quite rude. Obviously you're kinda socially maladjusted so I'll just avoid further conversation with you.

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 1:30am

Questions answered, thread locked. Stop it.

@KDNS
@Darktan13

Both of you read these and remember them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. All discussion should be both polite and civil.
Trolling or flaming in any form is forbidden. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are stupid or on drugs and their personal hygiene isn't really relevant to the discussion. Regardless of the merit (or lack thereof) of your argument, it should be made in a way that is neither insulting nor condescending.
Whining in any form is forbidden. DICE is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over and neither is anyone else. If all you're going to do is complain, don't bother posting.

9. Do not respond to terrible posts.
Do not respond to a blatantly awful post (a post that is in clear violation of the rules) either in an attempt to moderate them or to answer a question they posed. Your post will just be warned and removed with the post you are replying to. If you feel that a post is in violation of these rules, please report it and the moderators will deal with it as we feel is appropriate.