Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 12:27am

Quoted

Quoted

QBU if you are mentally capable of reloading for a shitton of time all the time. M39 if you can't but can handle recoil. MK11/SCAR of you can't do either.

Or SKS suppressed. That's a sexy gun

I disagree entirely. Apart from a difference in damage (not enough at either end of the spectrum to make any of them less than a 3 hit kill) and the magazine size, the QBU trumps all 3 of your other suggestions in all areas, including the most important factor for any DMR: Spread increase!

And the Spam Kannon Supreme is an annoying sack of shit and doesn't fucking count as a DMR...Hell, it shouldn't even be in the fucking game :(

M39 and SCAR/MK11 will never (I'm not even going to go into the weird scenarios) be a 4 shot kill. That's massive, especially when your highest optic is 4x and your max RPM is less than my trigger finger on a bad day. The reload speed combined with a shit mag size creates a situation similar to the GROZA-4's, where you NEED constant cover and excellent positioning skills. I happen to love the GROZA-4 and used to love the QBU (haven't used it in a while because I have found no need to use DMRs for the most part) and adore the L85, all of which have terribad reloads and the former two have shitty magazine sizes, but I'm simply saying if you're not used to long reloads (as an assault player I thing MrT3a might not be) then you're SOL. You and I, Viper, play support a lot. So we're used to loooooong reloads. T3a probably isn't.

The SKS is balanced, IMO. It's shit at range, good up close and at medium ranges, which is awkward for a DMR.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

And from 100 health, none of them will ever be a 2 hit kill either. That's more "massive" than not being a 4 hit kill. Not to mention you've failed to take into account the accuracy of the QBU compared to the others that I've just mentioned: Better spread, better recoil and much better ballistics means that, lower damage or otherwise, you are going to hit a hell of a lot more shots with the QBU than with any of those other 3! That's "massive", and all for the cost of 4 bullets...
The discussion on scopes and distances is irrelevant, since the only guns that can use anything above a 4x are the bolt actions which are a whole kettle of fish different to a DMR, or anything else in this game!

And I assure you, not only are the reloads of the DMRs not nearly as bad you you seem to think they are, T3a has A LOT more experience with this sort of thing than you know!!!

Yes the QBU is excellent, again, do not get me wrong. The accuracy is, after thoroughly look at a multi comparison page, virtually on par. Sure, there's slightly less recoil (moderately negligible and if you fire it fast you're gonna have high recoil anyways, regardless of DMR) and less SIPS (actually a very big deal), but you're trading it for a 3.9 second long reload. Three. Point. Nine. Seconds. After firing a meager 11 or 10 rounds, you must find time to be safe for 3.9 seconds. On conquest, this gun might not be unbearable. But, as a mostly rush player, the QBU is ridiculous at best.
Note: the short reload is quicker than both the MK11 and the SCAR SV's long reloads, and they have double the mag size.

The ballistics? The SCAR SV, the lowest velocity DMR I looked at, has 620. Now, 50 m/s advantage is nothing to laugh at. But, with 10 more rounds in the mag, you can afford to miss a shot, or two, or three, or four, or five... You get the picture. The MK11 and M39, my favorite DMRs, have even less of a velocity gap, the former have a mere 30 m/s, and the latter having a nearly negligible 20 m/s. Don't tell me that's "much better ballistics." To me, the QBU is best as a more versitile DMR. You can do close better than the others (bar SKS), medium range quite well (arguably better than the others, though I'd say slightly worse when accounting for the mag and reload issues), and long range is doable (the ballistics are slightly superior, but the lack of damage is key at range considering you're not spamming at that point). I use it when I'm an engineer that can't afford to run a PDW or carbine due to the long ranges, but can't invest in a regular DMR because there are occasional CQC points.

The others get less versatility up close (which I counter with a G18) but better performance at range. I use these as actual snipers, playing as a moderately aggressive recon or a campy support.

Edit: I'm sorry for badmouthing Mr. T3a. U was simply making a very simple assumption from the little I know about him, which is that he's an avid medic. Most ARs have lightning fast reloads compared to the QBU (except the FAMAS, F2000, L85A2, and QBZ).

Edit: SR338 is amazing and I use it as a versitile recon while tending towards long range. If only I could get a 6x scope for it...

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Pastafarianism" (Aug 25th 2015, 12:35am)

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 3:38am

The discussion on scopes and distances is irrelevant, since the only guns that can use anything above a 4x are the bolt actions which are a whole kettle of fish different to a DMR, or anything else in this game!
-cough-
*hypnotic voice* What you see is an illusion. There is nothing between DMRs and bolt-actions worth using. Say it with me, there is nothing between DMRs and bolt-actions worth using.
-clubs Xuvial with his SR338 so hard his entire blood line feels it-

hypnotize that, motherfucker.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 5:55am

people still haven't caught on to the bipod?

RenderTest1 - YouTube
(my youtube is free/un-monetized, not intending to promote myself)

the best strength of the DMR at longer ranges is volume of fire (magazine capacity and rate of fire) - effective use of the bipod just multiplies it's strengths and cuts down it's short-comings (accuracy/spread) that I can't imagine how any other attachment is more useful

I play 90% rush solo and control/play wider flanks - MTAR suppressed on most maps, but SCAR-H SV with Javelin/SMAW on larger ones. Being able to unload 20 rounds of bipod DMR fire in an unexpected flank direction causes all sorts of havoc

Just got the bipod for my SVD. it is insane how accurate this thing is. I know it's not the best long range dmr but somehow I always seem to do better with it than other dmrs. This thing with a 3.4 scope and muzzle break has pretty much replaced my carbines on engineer. my poor qbz-95b is feeling neglected.

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 10:40am

What you see is an illusion. There is nothing between DMRs and bolt-actions worth using. Say it with me, there is nothing between DMRs and bolt-actions worth using.

Come on now. Do I really have to include formulas and throw more numbers at you on reddit to make you believe that they SR338 is certainly viable past 124 m?

@CobaltRose

Hahaha :D Well said.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 11:07am

What you see is an illusion. There is nothing between DMRs and bolt-actions worth using. Say it with me, there is nothing between DMRs and bolt-actions worth using.

Come on now. Do I really have to include formulas and throw more numbers at you on reddit to make you believe that they SR338 is certainly viable past 124 m?

@CobaltRose

Hahaha :D Well said.

I still think the SR338 is pretty bad normally... until you put the FLIR on it. Then again, FLIR just about improves all the DMRs...

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 10:55pm

124m+ in BF4 very much falls into the "dicking around and getting nothing done" range for me. But I guess that's inevitable seeing how all Recon primary weapons are misplaced in BF4.

If I was forced to fight at those ranges I'd just roll with a
bolt-action and aim for OHK kills, no point trying to land 2-3 shots
with SR338.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 11:13pm

Quoted

124m+ in BF4 very much falls into the "dicking around and getting nothing done" range for me. But I guess that's inevitable seeing how all Recon primary weapons are misplaced in BF4.

If I was forced to fight at those ranges I'd just roll with a
bolt-action and aim for OHK kills, no point trying to land 2-3 shots
with SR338.

Except landing that one shot is insanely difficult. So being able to land three is even more so, correct, but at a greatly increased ROF it's FAR more viable

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.