Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 6:14pm

Effective Gadget Combos for each class - Your Opinion

Hi guys,

I would like to hear your opinion/recommendations on my used gadget combos, because I am indecisive if they are a good choice or anyway effective

1. ASSAULT: M320 + Defib

I rarely play Assault. In fact I just mastered all the ARs in ChainLink and then I have no reason to play with it. Support is superior in Infantry IMHO, but however. I dont want to run Medbag, because I have Autoheal, so why waste the slot for that. Problem: which is the proper Perk for this? Grenadier or Combat Medic. Or is this a dumb combo in the first place?

2. ENGI: RocketLauncher OR AntiAir + BlowTorch

What should I do in this regard? When I play Engi then I am in a vehicle. I have extreme difficulties to hit any Chopper (Scout or AH). So I could replace the HMG from my MBT with an LMG (I wouldnt reach Helis with the HMG in the first place) and use the AntiAir against Choppers. Problem: the RocketLauncher is better when I have lost my vehicle, which unfortunately does still happen to me and the HMG has such a great versatility against Transport vehicles.

This is actually my most important decision here, as I have to bring it in line with my vehicle Loadout.

Perk is always Mechanic

3. SUPPORT: XM25 OR C4 + AmmoBox

The unlimited Ammo is great, so I stick with Ammo. Actually I hate C4 at both sides; the receiving and the active side of usage. But its the only anti-vehicle weapon available. Whenever I run with it, I never need it. If I run the XM25 instead, I find myself in situations where I need C4. It drives me up the wall.

4. RECON: C4 + Spawn Bake ?

I dont know, I hate playing the Recon. I just use it if I want to get kills with BAs and then I use anything that comes into my mind. So here I have no idea, what I should use. If you say "run with that next time you use BAs", then I gonna use it.

Battlefield is about decisions, but I have difficulties to make a decision here, as I dont want to adjust my Loadout for every map. The risk of changing classes and forgetting to change a certain gadget is very high then and I want to keep this parameters as consistent and the same as possible.

Thx for your help.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 6:47pm

motion sensor balls + c4
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 9:13pm

It all depends on what map and game mode you're playing and if you're playing with friends / clan or randoms, and even if you are playing with randoms whether or not they are competent.

Assault

The medbag is better than auto heal, so I always use that, and I would suggest that others do the same. In addition, it's great for keeping others alive due to the AoE heal beside being an amazing point farming tool. Overall, there are very few instances where I would suggest removing this. Also, combat medic's first tier perk allows you to have two bags deployed at once which is great for covering a lot of people or people in two different locations.

The M320 can be used for blowing up cover, killing enemies behind said cover, crowd control, area denial, and is generally versatile in the hands of the right player. However, it does deal somewhat low splash damage (for the better - never forget pre-Sept. 30). This is your choice. It's generally more useful in clusterfuck game modes and maps or where there is a lot of destructible cover (ie. TDM area of Golmud). Grenadier gives you more 40mm nades at the third tier and one extra hand grenade at the first (totally fair and balanced, GG). If you run the M320, use this perk. Otherwise, go for combat medic.

The defibrillator is best on Rush where player deaths are actually relevant to the ticket count. You can use it on Conquest, but it serves more to keep people alive near you to aid you in taking objectives or fending off enemies than anything else. Nevertheless, that purpose can be useful if you can overcome the short time you have to revive fallen players. Because most randoms have no regard for proper use of cover, it can sometimes be impossible to safely revive them. Combat medic's third tier perk doubles the charge rate (you should always charge when possible). Combine with smoke grenades to give yourself some cover while you revive.

Engineer

IGLAs are irrelevant. Stingers are good for area denial, but don't expect many kills or destroys. Also, make sure you have cover if you use them. You trade off a lot of versatility.

MBT LAW is meh - you get ease of use and rate of fire in exchange for shitty damage per hit and the need to fire all five rockets to destroy one MBT. Angle multipliers don't matter, which can be good or bad depending on the situation.

RPG vs. SMAW is down to your own personal preference. RPG is slower and arcs more, is more difficult to aim properly, but has higher reward for the risk. SMAW flies faster and straighter, but you better make sure you get a good angle on any armored target, otherwise you will be chewing through your ammo reserve. I find the RPG to be best at closer ranges and against slower / still targets. The SMAW is better for the same situations at longer ranges and against aircraft if you can aim it. Against longer range moving targets, the SRAW is probably your best bet, but you leave yourself exposed.

The Javelin is kind of meh alone. With laser designation... teamwork is OP, and this is the extreme end of it if done properly. A little side note is that the Jav can lock on to enemy equipment (ie. spawn beacons), thus leading to some funny noobs tears if you catch a sniper camping close to his beacon. I'm not sure how useful this is anymore though; IIRC the splash damage got nerfed.

I suggest using the anti-tank perk tree if you don't have a support to resupply you. You can get level two for extra rockets pretty quickly by spotting everything and repairing. If you have a support that can drop you ammo (even if it's just the one-off actually useful random support), use mechanic since you get faster repair rate and won't have to worry about rockets. Mechanic is also better if you are in a vehicle and are competent enough to avoid having to walk; at that point, mechanic is useless.

In my opinion, mines are useless. Skilled players - those who are actually a thread - will avoid them and destroy them. The only kills you'll get will be on noobs who would have been dispatched of pretty quickly regardless of your mines. They can slow down more skilled players and prevent pushes, as well as force enemies to give away their positions by shooting the mines, but I really think that having a rep tool and launcher is much more useful.

Support

Unfortunately, C4 and ammo box is the only relevant setup with some very situational uses for the XM25. Indirect fire is probably the best specialization because you can have two crates deployed at once right from the start, although offensive has its upsides as well.

Support is great for infantry combat, but most of its gadgets are completely irrelevant, and the kit overall plays a really shitty "support" role. Support is great, but it sucks at the same time. It's versatile but boring because there is only one relevant combination of gadgets.

Recon

This is heavily dependent on game mode and map. First of all, spec ops is the single best perk tree for this kit. The gadgets are fun to mess around with, depending on the situation (unless you're in an ESL tournament - fuck ESL).

C4 has its obvious uses and is generally a must on any map with vehicles. Spawn beacons are great on rush to give a forward deploy point closer to those objectives; just be wary that parachute spawns and the beeping and static sounds are pretty conspicuous and give the location away. These can be used to some degree of effectiveness on CQ, but that depends more on the situation (better when the enemy is dominating or when you flank behind enemy lines). TUGS is great for defending objectives or a good vantage point. Pokeballs (motion sensors) are good for rushing objectives and other one the move situations. The MAV requires you to camp in a far-away place, but it gives your team a much larger advantage due to your bird's eye view and ability to spot everything plus a motion sensor, and it can destroy enemy equipment and explosives (this can kill people, which is quite humorous - use on tanks for hilarious hackusations); pretty much, you're giving up your own score and action to be a true recon for the good of the entire team, assuming you do it properly.

Don't use the PLD unless you are on comms with someone who will shoot your targets. If you get used to using this for target acquisition, it will destroy your situational awareness and target acquisition at range when not using IR. You have been warned.
My response to K/D bragging: "It's kinda hard to maintain a high K/D without ammo..." | Top 1% Resupplies PS3 - Proud to be a team player

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 9:59pm

Wow, so much text. its a pretty good summary

So, according to you M320+Defib is dumb. I havent tried it out yet, as I always tend for support on an Infantry Map, but is keeping bros alive better than the ability to revive them? You actually can die very fast, so the need for a Defib is higher, I think.

Regarding the Engi. I am sorry, but this doesnt help me much. Its a summary of the gadgets, but I dont know, whether I should exchange my RocketLauncher for an AA and use the LMG on my tank for easier Anti-Infantry OR stick with RL and use HMG to knock out Helis if possible (NOTE: as I said, I suck at leading shots to destroy helis - no matter which projectile I use)

Support with Claymores and the appropriate perk can be useful too.

Motion Balls arent my type of play, but I completely forgot about the MAV. Does the MAV work as a motion sensor even without using its RC? I am thinking of using a MAV + C4 combo on the recon.
still playin' Motorstorm

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 11:10pm

motion sensor balls + c4
+Spec Ops, can't forget that since it buffs capacity on both.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, July 13th 2015, 1:00am

motion sensor balls + c4
+Spec Ops, can't forget that since it buffs capacity on both.

That's the name of it! I couldnt remember "spec ops" for anything. Having all those extra supplies are so very useful on rush
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, July 13th 2015, 2:57am

Certain gadgets I consider to be mandatory for each class:

Assault - defib + medpack
Engineer - rep tool
Support - ammo box
Recon - beacon

Other than that it's mostly situational. Personally, I usually choose my other gadgets as follows:

Engineer - suitable launcher for the map (usually SMAW)
Support - C4
Recon - MAV

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, July 13th 2015, 6:57am

Support gadgets are far from useless. claymores with perimeter defence is incredible. ballistic shield makes you almost immune to fire at mid-long range and immune to bolt actions if you keep moving. xm25 dart combined with a long range lmg (QBB, Type 88, LSAT or RPK) and smoke grenades makes you dangerous at any range thanks to the xm25 IRNV scope. MP-APS can help defend allied vehicles, stationary weapons and your own vehicle when in longer range engagements. mortar and ucav used to be good but aren't anymore. maybe they'll get a buff or at least a proper fix next time.

even the decoy can be satisfying on occasion when used with smoke to make a quick getaway.

if anything id say ammo box is useless most of the time. most randoms die too often to even need resupplying and with perimeter defence you don't need extra ammo yourself. it can be useful for resupplying claymores but that's about it. and c4 is only occasionally useful too as most good vehicle users won't let you get close.

Date of registration
: May 28th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, July 13th 2015, 5:51pm

The beacon + C4 combo is awesome on Classic and Hardcore mode. You and your beacon are just much harder to find. And don't forget to switch off Parachute Auto Deploy in your gameplay options for the additional stealth boost. I personally always switch between the Sniper perk and SpecOps depending if I'm using a 6x to 40x scope or not.
For Medic purposes I have only one load out as my go to:
Medbag, Defibrillator, Flashbangs (Because I'm an asshole), AN-94 for anything except Lockers, Combatmedic.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, July 22nd 2015, 9:25pm

I always run small med pack and defibs.

Last i read, small one is better for me. Once starts to heal, suppression no longer affects it. Can run and still get healed, get points from players who run off, a lot wont sit on a medkit to heal.