Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Blue Panda" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 2:34pm

shitpost ahead

If you feel "rage inside" because some idiot on the internet said something, trolls are the least of your problems.

Try relaxation exercises.

you see, different people take things differently, some a re more sensible than others, and some have a different way to see the internet and it's inhabitants than you, because as much as you probablby will never see that guy in real life,that person is still a human being that felt some sort of hate or anthypaty towards you, and that can make you less confident about yourself, in which cases, the person who the insult was directed to tries to understand, or react to the insult, to proctect himself and who's with him from psychologiical threat.

seriously, this attitude towards online insults is shit, just because the troll is a plague of society it doesn't mean it has to slide off like nothing.

You can't do much about trolls anyway. They win if you get angry or protective, ignoring is always the best option.
It's the internet man, not everyone is 100% serious. Just look at 4chan, most of the people who frequent it wouldn't say half the shit they post in real life.

Forger21

for all your voodoo needs

(512)

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 3:59pm

Personal best solutions so far :
Turn off chat
Use TS/mumble/Skype to chat with friends.

An internet insult armor only work to a certain extent. There will always exists something to throw you off guard to the rage seas.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

Try Mr. Tea's advice. We even have a public Symthic TeamSpeak server you can hop on with your friends. It'll only take you and your buddies a couple minutes to download teamspeakand join our TS at IP address 162.208.89.103. You can join a channel with some of us in there playing or jump into an empty channel.

Give it a shot, it's a quick and easy way to get a little more control over who you're communicating with (and who you're not communicating with!). Plus you get all the benefits of better coordination on the battlefield that comes from being able to speak rather than type.

Feel free to PM me if you need help getting set up, or if anyone hassles you once you get in.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 4:10pm

As somewhat of a public figure, I've gotten my fair share of hate mail, insults, and general assholery thrown at me, and, honestly, I don't much care anymore. As a matter of fact, I think it's kind of amusing that some will go out of their way to say something nasty about myself, my content, my girlfriend, my dog, or my mother. I even have a collection of all the nasty stuff I've gotten, 'cause it's hilarious.

Honestly, why do you care what some random people on the Internet think of you, or what they say to you? Be confident in yourself.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 5:47pm

Its not what they are saying, that annoys me. Idgaf about that.

Its what they do in the game, that induces rage!
still playin' Motorstorm

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 5:56pm

I see.
And how does that make you feel?

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 6:43pm

I see.
And how does that make you feel?

Ha, I see what you did there. :P Well played. Very creative ;)
still playin' Motorstorm

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 6:47pm

Personal best solutions so far :
Turn off chat

This is what I do. I also disable VOIP as well. Why? Cos nothing any random player has to say in this game (or usually any game, in all honesty) is worth a shred of your time...That and I find both the chat box and VOIP extremely distracting, I can't be expected to concentrate on the game AND the music I'm listening to in the background AND divs in chat now, can I? :D

But in all serious. I'd say, given the circumstances, to just ignore it. I mean really, who the fuck are they? More than likely some whiny little shit-stirrer with nothing better to do. Why should anything the little prick says or does mean a thing to you? He doesn't know you, he'll never meet you, so fuck him!!! The less of a reaction they get out of you, the less likely they are to keep it up.

Failing that, just laugh at the bastards! "Laugh and the world laughs with you!" as my Dad always says! Guy's being a twat and his name is something with "420"s and references to light drug usage? Laugh at him and think he's probably one of a bunch of kids who got caught in a Police sting in the UK recently who paid something like £500 to an undercover Police officer who sold them what they thought was a bag of Cannabis but actually turned out to be a bag of Oregano! That's probably the extent of his experience with it!
Here's another one: Guy's getting mean cos you killed him with the Mare's Leg from 8 miles away? Ignore the insults, laugh at the fact he just got put down by the shittest gun in the game :D
I always like awful emblems, if someone is being a right pain in the arse to me then you'll often hear me utter comments to friends about how his 'Doge' emblem looks like a potato that's recently gained sentience :D
If you get good at making a joke out of the whole situation, or any part of it, then you'll soon be able to turn pretty much everything on its head! :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Oct 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 6:48pm

It's impossible to live your life and not be offended by something, especially on the internet. Jokes often use absurd and offensive ideas for humor. Additionally part of sports/games is getting your opponent off their game, frustrating your opponent makes them act rashly. Insults are used frequently because they are easy to do.

The hate mail marbleduck gets for his videos is a different beast. That is sent solely to hurt. But only 'public figures' get that. I personally find it funny, as he does.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 8:55pm

i saw my first PS4 hacker yesterday. he was invisible somehow and just ran around stabbing people. i actually killed him once by mistake firing a USAS at someone he was standing next to lol. has this happened to any other console players?

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 10th 2015, 9:00pm

Growing a thick skin is useless. Stop the problem at its source by ignoring. If you been on the internet long enough you will know to never feed them no matter what they say.

Battlefield unfortunately breeds alot of trolling because quite frankly it is a frustrating game. However the people I play with are usually just blowing steam. I see the same people in the same server I figure them out.