Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Sapphidia" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, June 8th 2015, 3:26am

Angled Grip after Spring Patch - which gun types?

So I've just about got my head around the changes in the spring patch, but one thing still eludes me: exactly what weapons are worth using the Angled Grip on now?

The nerf from 33% to 20% was significant enough, but virtually all the guns that it was necessary on got significant FSM reductions. Also, with the spread decrease stat now meaning something, it seems Angled is no longer the go-to grip on DMRs? I know that before you'd run Angled and Muzzle on most because the vertical recoil would always reset quicker than spread so you could fire at max accuracy just by waiting for a recoil reset, but now it seems that an angled grip might actually make the spread reset slower than recoil now?

I've been pouring through the stat changes and I'm struggling to think of what guns you'd use the Angled Grip on now, because it was primarily used on guns where you wanted to tapfire or fire in very short bursts, which the spread decrease stat now runs counter to. Everyone seems to be running either Stubby or Ergo on most weapons now according to personal move style.

So which guns now, if any, are a clear obvious choice for an Angled?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, June 8th 2015, 5:35am

My personal, non-math-based take on Angled is that, like Muzzle Brake, it's the ease-of-use / "ez mode" attachment, so like Muzzle Brake, offers the lowest meaningful benefit.

That said, I'd love to hear the actual stats and such on it and the FSM changes.
Who Enjoys, Wins