Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Idiedtoa20rev" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 8th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 11:23pm

AN-94 Hybrid Concept

Does anyone think, the AN-94 performs somewhat like a DMR/Long range assault rifle hybrid?

The 2RB mode performs somewhat similar to a DMR and has virtually the same BTK if you divide the 2RBs by 2. Obviously as you get out further the DMR is more reliable (the 2nd bullet spread will start to half the dmg of the AN-94), but conversely the AN-94 gives you the close range 1 tap kill you used to get from DMRs.

The AN-94 as a long range assault rifle has very little to offer in contrast to its pseudo-DMR functionality. I do enjoy the new AN-94 a lot, but I always keep it jammed in 2RB and pack a silenced G18 for the close range stuff/running around. Though if I run out of G18 rounds the ability to go full auto with the AN-94 is nice, since panic jamming a burst weapon in CQB sucks. I am starting to think that a medium scope is a pretty good choice, with maybe the canted Irons for a one tap assassination or laser for hip.

Mainly I'm bringing this up, because I'd like to hear any counter opinions that make me consider a better way to think of the weapon.

Another question for fun. Now it's out, which would you prefer, this, or the old G3A3?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, June 8th 2015, 1:00am

Another question for fun. Now it's out, which would you prefer, this, or the old G3A3?

I would personally prefer the G3, for both looks and performance; I used it tons in BF3 and virtually never used the AN. That said, the AN-94 is a better choice from a design perspective because it's very unique and interesting. This was also DICE's reasoning when I asked pixels about the weapons. I believe I've mentioned this before here, but they were actually considering making the pack a G3 Pack early on, with five G3 variants.

As for performance up close, I find just spamming the trigger in burst mode while hipfiring and dancing around a little tends to win CQB encounters most of the time, so I find it reliable enough. I prefer 1x optics because it keeps perceived recoil to a minimum, they have less scope sway, and they work across all needed ranges for the gun.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, June 8th 2015, 5:17am

As for performance up close, I find just spamming the trigger in burst mode while hipfiring and dancing around a little tends to win CQB encounters most of the time, so I find it reliable enough.
I found that the hip fire on the AN94, even with a laser, in burst mode, is highly inconsistent and often I'd end up with only one bullet hitting them, like what the actual fuck.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, June 8th 2015, 5:42am

As for performance up close, I find just spamming the trigger in burst mode while hipfiring and dancing around a little tends to win CQB encounters most of the time, so I find it reliable enough.
I found that the hip fire on the AN94, even with a laser, in burst mode, is highly inconsistent and often I'd end up with only one bullet hitting them, like what the actual fuck.

I estimate I tend to hipfire at 10m max, and the randomness of hipfire tends to often net convenient random headshots. ^^
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jun 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 1:32pm

I use HB Stubby Acog Canted.

Staying in the 60 -90m from the target is crucial for this weapon. You do not have a chance to win with DMR past 100m and normal AR smash You in closer range.

BF4 AN94 is shit compared to BF3 model.

The burst delay is not a problem I very rarely used BF3 AN94 to fire faster than 120ms between bursts. Usually it was 5 tap per sec. The real problem is that BF3 HB was much more accurate than BF4 version and BF3 holo have perfect magnification for most of engagements.

used to be #3 in the World in RAWR Kills:)