Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Jet" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 6:31am

Weapon Zeroing

Where can I find the information about the zeroing for each of the weapons? It's not on the main 26th spring notes as far as I can tell.

Also, is there any graph tool for the individual weapons to see their bullet trajectories? It would be useful to see the two point zeroing and how high the bullet will go above the sight line.

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 6:45am

I know I've seen some charts to those effects around here before, but I dont know if anyone has done them up for the new patch
Greatest insult I've ever read

My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat? -Mandorallen

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 6:54am

Where can I find the information about the zeroing for each of the weapons?

Lifted off a BNS video.

Also, is there any graph tool for the individual weapons to see their bullet trajectories?

Yes.

You search for the gravity, InitialPosition, and InitialSpeed vector in each weapon's file. Gravity will be found in the weapon's projectile file. For this example, we will use the AK 5C.

Source code

InitialPosition::Vec3
    x 0.0
    y -0.0635
    z 0.0

InitialSpeed::Vec3
    x 0.0
    y 1.38197
    z 630.0

You then go to a charting program and enter the following formula:

(InitialPositionY)+(InitialSpeedY)(x/InitialSpeedZ)-(0.5*Gravity*(x/InitialSpeedZ)^2)

You'll get a line that looks like this

Zooming on the graph, we can see the overshoot for the AK 5C does not reach even 1cm. It doesn't even look like .1cm.

When you want to consider Suppressors, you have to search for the WeaponShotModifier. These contain the Suppressed bullet velocities and the corresponding change in upwards speed. The Ak 5C's is:

Source code

WeaponShotModifier 0000000b
    $::WeaponModifierBase
        $::DataContainer
        ApplyOrder -1
    NumberOfBulletsPerShell -1
    InitialSpeed::Vec3
        x 0.0
        y 1.41277
        z 350.0

We input this new equation alongside the previous one and we get a maximum overshoot of less than 1cm.

It would be useful to see the two point zeroing and how high the bullet will go above the sight line.

Not significant enough to cause issues. The highest deviation was the SCAR-H at 5cm IIRC though that may have been reduced.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (May 31st 2015, 7:03am)

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, June 1st 2015, 2:34pm

Who's idea was it to nerf the DMRs spread, then force them to have 100m zeroing?! This is a terrible combo

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, June 1st 2015, 2:45pm

Who's idea was it to nerf the DMRs spread, then force them to have 100m zeroing?! This is a terrible combo

The zeroing is all in your head. It's merely to compensate for the vertical offset of the bullet spawn. Spread was increased to allow snipers rifles to reasonably outrange DMRs.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, June 1st 2015, 3:24pm

[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rezal" (Jun 1st 2015, 3:29pm)

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, June 1st 2015, 3:25pm

Quoted

The zeroing is all in your head. It's merely to compensate for the vertical offset of the bullet spawn. Spread was increased to allow snipers rifles to reasonably outrange DMRs.

Oh OK. My bad
And the spread nerf is justified, I guess I just didn't understand the zeroing

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pastafarianism" (Jun 1st 2015, 3:40pm)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, June 1st 2015, 6:48pm

DMRs are one of the things with the new patch where everyone is really upset about them yet I still see tons of people using them and I myself haven't had a single problem with them...Not with the QBU at least...

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!