Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 12:51pm

CTE shotgun stats (Spring patch 2015)

Is there a data browser for the spring-patched CTE stats where I can look up the shotgun pellet counts, pellet damages and stated pellet cones?
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zormau" (May 21st 2015, 11:45pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 1:00pm

@elementofprgress

He might it up somewhere. I haven't uploaded it to "offical" symthic databrowser as CTE changes so often but I will put it up when patch comes out.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 1:04pm

Feel free to upload, I am confident shotguns will not change any further for the spring patch.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 1:23pm

Feel free to upload, I am confident shotguns will not change any further for the spring patch.

I figure the newest CTE data is also what will be in the upcoming patch so I might as well upload everything, right?
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 3:55pm

Yes, there haven't been any changes since the ML nerf, which will also be in the spring patch.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 5:17pm

Alright. Uploaded weapon data to the databrowser. Will update it with all gameplay stuff when the updates comes to retail BF4 side.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 5:23pm

Just in case someone wants to know without browsing:

12g Buckshot:
WeaponSuppressionData
MaxMultiplier 0.15
MinMultiplier 1.0
MinDistance 0.0
MaxDistance 25.0

Time to live: 1s

Damage:
11.2 - 5.6
25m DO start, 50m DO end

*electrician is here, will complete post later!*

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 5:29pm

Just in case someone wants to know without browsing:

12g Buckshot:
WeaponSuppressionData
MaxMultiplier 0.15
MinMultiplier 1.0
MinDistance 0.0
MaxDistance 25.0

Time to live: 1s

Damage:
11.2 - 5.6
25m DO start, 50m DO end

*electrician is here, will complete post later!*

what about the pellet number? has that changed?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 5:46pm

Yes, 12-21 pellets, rather than 8-12 (or 14 weaker pellets).
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 21st 2015, 6:22pm

Electricial is gone! Fixed our power fluctuation issue (a major power line had become loose and was basically frying its mantle).

Suppression data is the same for all pellet types.

All shotguns now use the same pellet types regardless of origin. (stats have been equalized)

12g Buckshot:
WeaponSuppressionData
MaxMultiplier 0.15
MinMultiplier 1.0
MinDistance 0.0
MaxDistance 25.0

Damage:
11.2 - 5.6 (BTK: 9 pellets min, 18 pellets max on unarmored bodyshots)
25m DO start, 50m DO end

12g Flechette:

Damage: 8.4-4.2 (BTK: 12 pellets min, 23 pellets max, ignores body armor IIRC, so only legshots could make it require more pellets)
25m DO start 50m DO end

Seems weird as it's performing very well ingame.

Frag rounds Semi auto:

WeaponSuppressionData
MaxMultiplier 6.0
MinMultiplier 12.0
MinDistance 0.0
MaxDistance 25.0

Damage:
25-15 + 25 blast damage (2m inner radius, 2.5m outer)

Range:
25m DO start, 50m DO end

Frag Pump:

WeaponSuppressionData
MaxMultiplier 9.0
MinMultiplier 18.0
MinDistance 0.0
MaxDistance 25.0

Same range

Damage:
40-25 + 25 blast (2m inner radius, 2.5m outer radius)

Slug semi auto:

WeaponSuppressionData
MaxMultiplier 1.0
MinMultiplier 16.0
MinDistance 20.0
MaxDistance 40.0

Damage:
75-38

Range:
DO start 12m, DO end 50m

Slug Pump:

WeaponSuppressionData
MaxMultiplier 1.25
MinMultiplier 20.0
MinDistance 20.0
MaxDistance 40.0

Damage:
100-45

Range:
DO start 15m, DO end 60m

Pellet counts and stated cones per gun and type:

AUTOMATICS (rates of fire are the same)

DAO-12

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 15 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4 cone, 15 pellets
SIPS 0.55

DBV-12

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 13 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4 cone, 13 pellets
SIPS 0.55

M1014

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 13 pellets
SIPS: 0.525

QBS-09

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 12 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4 cone, 12 pellets (There is an entry for 3.0 cone, 12 pellets, but I'd assume consistency. It's probably a singleplayer AI value.)
SIPS: 0.575

Saiga-12k

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 14 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4 cone, 14 pellets
SIPS 0.55

PUMPS

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 19 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4 cone, 19 pellets
SIPS: 0.215

HAWK

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 21 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4 cone, 21 pellets
SIPS: 0.208

Serbu Shorty

SIPS: 0.5

Spas-12

Flechette: 2.0 cone, 18 pellets
Buckshot 2.4 cone, 18 pellets
SIPS: 0.23

UTAS-15

Flechette: 2.0 cone. 20 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4 cone. 20 pellets
SIPS: 0.214

Gun spreads:
ADS 0.1 min standing, 0.4 min moving for pumps, 0.8 min moving for semi autos (can have ergo grip) and shorty
Hipfire 1.25 min standing, 1.75 min moving (-> autos with grip are better for hipfire with 1.5 while moving?)

Gun spreads with chokes:

Modified choke penalty: 1.25x ADS moving spread -> 0.5 moving ads penalty for pumps and semi auto with ergo grip, 1.0 moving ads penalty for semi auto without ergo grip
Full choke penalty: 1.5x moving ADS spread, 1.2x standing hip spread, 1.5x moving hip spread -> 0.6 moving ads penalty for pumps and ergo equipped semi autos, 1.2 moving ads penalty for semi autos without ergo grip, 1.5 min hipspread standing, 1.875 min hipspread moving for semi autos with ergo grip, 2.25 min hipspread moving for all others

Pellet cones with chokes (thanks to Labby):

Multipliers:
Modified: 0.875 for pellet cone size
Full: 0.75 for pellet cone size

Buckshot + modified = 2.1
Buckshot + full = 1.8

Flechette + modified = 1.75
Flechette + full = 1.5

This post has been edited 12 times, last edit by "Zormau" (May 22nd 2015, 1:03am)