Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "The Empire" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2015

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 2:17am

Will this run Battlefield well?

Hello, I am interested in this gaming laptop, and was wondering if it would run BF4 well if I purchased it and what my estimated experience would be using it to play recent titles.
Main concerns: Frame rate, GPU capability, Overall experience, Graphics capability (Low,Med,High etc.)

Link: ASUS ROG GL771JM-DH71 Intel i7 2.5GHz 12GB Memory 1TB HDD GTX860M 2GB 17.3-inch Full HD Gaming Laptop > (Asus GL771)

I'm not majorly concerned with graphics but I would prefer they be above current gen consoles.
Please let me know what you think!

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 6:58am

Enabled, bumped. Moved to Quick Q&A.

Welcome to Symthic!

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Apr 7th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 9:52am

If it doesn't I'll be darned
H&K weapons FTW! HK416, MP5, MG4, USP.45, G36(C/K), L85A2, MP7! All H&K FTW !Now you may be thinking to your self, "isn't the L85A2 by manufactured by BAE systems?" well it's not. Any weapon in the SA80 family that is LxxA2 means it has gotten H&K upgrades, any weapon that is LxxA1 is first issue. "'The more you know!' 'And knowing is half the Battle!'" My XBOX One stats Below. Quite good at everything except sniping. I F**KIN HATE SNIPING. I am a sh*t sniper. Also, I give you Health and Ammo like the F*CKIN game depends on it because it probably does to an extent.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 2:36pm

Judging by the benchmarks in this* review I think the laptop should be able to run BF4 pretty well.

* Asus GL771JM Notebook Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
(Benchmarks are listed under "Gaming performance", a bit down the page)

The laptop they tested isn't exactly identical in specs: it's got 8 GB of RAM as opposed to the 12 of the one you posted, it's also got a small 128 GB SSD in addition to the 1 TB HD and 4 GB of dedicated memory for the GPU (compared to the 2 GB of the one you posted). I think it should be pretty equal in performance either way: the ram will only affect multitasking and even then 8 GB is good enough for standard use, the SSD will only affect loadtimes and if you want you can just buy one and install in the second drivebay if you want some of those godly SSD load-/boot times. The difference in gpu memory won't make much difference either, in the review it said that they have performed benchmarks on similar laptops with 2 GB 860's and they allegedly performed very similar in 3DMark.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "C0llis" (May 3rd 2015, 2:45pm)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, May 3rd 2015, 8:50pm

I don't know fuck all about computers other than you seem to have the same sort of stuff my PC has (I7 CPU & NVidia card) but newer, and I can run the game more-or-less fine so I'd say yeah, go for it :)

Also: Welcome to the forums guy! :thumbsup:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, May 4th 2015, 3:43am

Google Asus G75vw-DS71 that is my current laptop runs BF4 fine, with my usual settings( all low or off, mesh maxed out) , about 40-60fps or more depending on the map.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.