Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Woofington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 27th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, March 27th 2015, 1:18am

First shot multiplier on semi-auto weapons?

I am curious how the first shot multiplier works when it comes to semi-auto weapons like the socom for the professional. Because every shot is effectively the "first shot" does this multplier get added onto every shot? What about weapons like the scar-h when used in single fire mode?

Thanks for the help guys!

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, March 27th 2015, 1:58am

First shot multiplier applies to any shot when you're firing at less than the maximum rate of fire.

In -most- cases this means that FSM will apply to every single shot of a DMR... however if you manage to spam fire at -exactly- the maximum rate of fire of a DMR, the FSM wont apply,though of course you wont be getting any spread decrease. Because the optimal way to fire a DMR is to use attachments that minimise the time it takes for both recoil and spread to reset to the base levels, you're never really going to want to spam at its max rate and so First Shot Recoil Modifier applies to the VRec of each shot.

(And just to confirm, as I was wrong myself once: First Shot Recoil modifier ONLY applies to -Vertical- recoil).

Same thing applies to single shot mode of a full auto assault rifle: the FSM will apply to every shot unless you manage to spam the fire button so fast that you're firing it at the maximum ROF of the weapon.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, March 27th 2015, 2:01am

Short version: yes.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 3:08pm

I'm not quite sure why DICE does this. . .

If you were to double a DMR's vertical recoil and cut its FSM in half, something such as the Angled/Folding Grip should still have the EXACT same impact on recoil. Unless I'm missing something, it only seems to confuse those that are n00bs at reading weapon charts. . .

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 5:43pm

Just think 1-degree V-Recoil for pretty much all stock DMRs (7/8 has FSM of 2x while 5/8 has V-Recoil of 0.5, 0.5 * 2 = 1) and you're fine.

Other "recommended" scenerios:

Current Heavy Barrel + Angled Foregrip = less V-Recoil than stock at 0.871 degree

M39 EMR Heavy Barrel + Angled Foregrip OR Muzzle Brake + Ergo Grip = ~1.22 degree

SKS Heavy Barrel + Ergo Grip = 0.91 degree, less than usual while having pretty much the best stats except for H-Recoil, Velocity and Gravity

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 9:18pm

I'd hazard a guess, amidst my very limited knowledge on the subject, that they keep it that way out of code simplicity.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 9:29pm

just remember the asval's hrecoil,there's no need to ask questions about it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 9:43pm

I'd hazard a guess, amidst my very limited knowledge on the subject, that they keep it that way out of code simplicity.

I'm not too knowledgeable about computer science, but I'd imagine it wouldn't make too much of a difference. For the most part, a 0.5 would become a 1.0 and a 2.0 would become a 1.0 also. I'd like to know how the current FSM makes the coding more simplistic from somebody that has knowledge on this subject. Otherwise, for the simple man that just reads weapon charts, having it the "more logical" way is more simplistic.

just remember the asval's hrecoil,there's no need to ask questions about it.

As in how it had/has negative values in both directions? That was probably a silly developer oversight. But eh, developers have stated in the past that they don't necessarily make their own weapon charts, and they probably don't pay as much attention to the existing charts as the community does. (Kudos to the devs that do visit here, though.)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 11:57pm

I'm not too knowledgeable about computer science, but I'd imagine it wouldn't make too much of a difference. For the most part, a 0.5 would become a 1.0 and a 2.0 would become a 1.0 also. I'd like to know how the current FSM makes the coding more simplistic from somebody that has knowledge on this subject. Otherwise, for the simple man that just reads weapon charts, having it the "more logical" way is more simplistic.

Actually, i interpreted your previous comment wrongly. You can go ahead and ignore what i said.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 6:05am

so what is a good attachment setup for dmrs then? ive been using them with a heavy barrel and angled foregrip. would either of the other grips make much difference with dmrs?