Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BrianUdz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2015

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, March 6th 2015, 4:04pm

Autoloader vs Reactive Armor for MBT

I have two different tank loadouts I run with:

Balanced - AP Shell and HMG
Anti-Armor - AP Shell and Sabot

My question is two fold. First how does Autoloader work practically? Does it affect both shells and machine guns or just one? And second what would you recommend if you have tank experience, reactive armor or autoloader?

Date of registration
: Jul 22nd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, March 6th 2015, 4:08pm

I'm running AP, HMG, Smokescreen and Thermal Camo right now and it's golden. Just don't get yourself into a fragfest.

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, March 6th 2015, 4:11pm

Autoloader is far superior to reactive. If you're driving right and have your tank positioned correctly you can avoid those 50 damage disables. It happens to me once in a blue moon when I drive up on a flag and someone actually makes the effort to get exactly(or near enough) perpendicular to my tanks rear and that's only if I push to hard and don't pay attention. I'd much rather be able to put more shells down range than eat a well placed RPG. If you do get caught you have APS to hopefully get you out of a tight spot.

Here is the vehicle data for the MBT: BF4 Main Battle Tank (MBT) stats - BF4 Vehicle data | Symthic

AFAIK autoloader lets you fire a new shell every 2.4 seconds instead of 3 seconds for AP/SABOT and new HE every 3.2 seconds instead of 4. I'm not sure if it affects secondary weapons or not, stats don't say anything about it.

Date of registration
: Aug 16th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, March 6th 2015, 4:14pm

Start running smokescreen and thermal camo. Position yourself correctly and you'll love this setup.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 6th 2015, 4:18pm

Start running smokescreen and thermal camo. Position yourself correctly and you'll love this setup.

Do you have to sit inside the smokes radius for the min damage thing? How does that even work.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 6th 2015, 4:51pm

Do you have to sit inside the smokes radius for the min damage thing? How does that even work.

Yes, it also takes you off of the minimap for a short duration. It's better used when you can predict/know a hit is incoming, hence the positioning is important.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 6th 2015, 4:58pm

Yes, it also takes you off of the minimap for a short duration. It's better used when you can predict/know a hit is incoming, hence the positioning is important.

Wouldn't aps be better overall in that situation or almost every situation? Unless you repeatedly pop smoke to shave damage off incoming rounds, but then you'd need thermals so you could return fire and then what happens when you run into someone using APS?

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, March 6th 2015, 5:06pm

Does the autoloader affect the staff shell? Also I'm thinking of switching to smoke myself. But it doesn't help against the barrage of RPGs heading your way

Oh and what exactly does reactive armor do in this game? The full benefits and scenarios in which I would want to use it?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "yugas42" (Mar 12th 2015, 9:08pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 6th 2015, 7:28pm

Wouldn't aps be better overall in that situation or almost every situation? Unless you repeatedly pop smoke to shave damage off incoming rounds, but then you'd need thermals so you could return fire and then what happens when you run into someone using APS?

APS has a long cool down though. There was some math done on it a while ago which proved smokescreen to be better, can't remember where it is, maybe Darktan can post it. Smokescreen also allows you to move around the map fairly stealthily on the minimap in pubs.

You don't really need thermals as you can spot and generally have an idea of where they are. You should be able to predict where the enemy armour is.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 6th 2015, 7:47pm

Oh and what exactly does reactive armor do in this game? The full benefits and scenarios in which I would want to use it?

Reactive armour increases the amount of damage needed to critically hit you. So if you get hit in the back with an RPG, you will be completely disabled and can't move. If you had reactive armour on, you would be able to move at a snails pace and turn to face them.