Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, February 25th 2015, 9:25am

Maybe there could be a set of drop-enums that the user could manipulate to define the conditions (direction + 2 attachments) for moving min spread computation? And then the chart would show the correct value where it now shows Moving Min Spread.
Something like this, yes. Right now you have to jump through a bunch of hoops just to find the correct moving spread, and that's assuming you even make the connection that the hard-to-find tooltip in the weapon charts saying "Please see miscellaneous under general info for more info" means it is actually not showing the correct values.

This is not user-friendly in the slightest, and goes against Symthic's core purpose of making the game statistics transparent and available for everyone.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,428)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, February 25th 2015, 10:39am

Fair enough. I'll add this on to-do list. The problem is that chart wasn't intended to be a dynamic thing in the first place (we were about to add attachment support but something got into, can't recall what), but charts for Hardline at least require quite a bit re-coding so why not add this stuff too.
Just getting torn apart by two of these things :v. Some people request raw values for personal calculations but at the same time (like noted here) it should be transparent enough not to confuse anybody.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, February 25th 2015, 11:16am

Just getting torn apart by two of these things :v. Some people request raw values for personal calculations but at the same time (like noted here) it should be transparent enough not to confuse anybody.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 'real' moving spread come down to two essential values: moving (forward) and strafing? So on the weapon chart overview you'd have standing, moving (forward) and strafing. Attachment modifiers change this of course, but so do they with the basic ADS value and this could be incorporated in the comparison section.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,428)

Date of registration

Wednesday, February 25th 2015, 1:32pm

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 'real' moving spread come down to two essential values: moving (forward) and strafing? So on the weapon chart overview you'd have standing, moving (forward) and strafing. Attachment modifiers change this of course, but so do they with the basic ADS value and this could be incorporated in the comparison section.

I am not the one who knows everything 100% about the game, but IIRC the strafing modifier is just applied to any stance if you strafe instead of moving back/forward. This just brings another dimension to the spread stats and it should be kept somewhat compact. I could add way more values on the weapon-info page tho as there is plenty of room for different stuff.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, February 25th 2015, 10:56pm

Doesn't the 'real' moving spread come down to two essential values: moving (forward) and strafing? So on the weapon chart overview you'd have standing, moving (forward) and strafing. Attachment modifiers change this of course, but so do they with the basic ADS value and this could be incorporated in the comparison section.

IIRC the strafing modifier is just applied to any stance if you strafe instead of moving back/forward. This just brings another dimension to the spread stats and it should be kept somewhat compact.

We also run into the problem with bullpups having different moving speeds for different sights. I agree with there being too many variables to include all combinations of them directly, but clearer directions to the formulas wouldn't hurt.

I tested it today with a few bullpups - SAR-21, Bulldog, M-TAR and QBU-88. Irons and 1X sights (excluding IRNV) give them 75% speed.
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,428)

Date of registration

Wednesday, February 25th 2015, 11:19pm

I think we should forget the moving variable alltogether as it's "same" for every weapon / sight. Not because it's not an affecting thing but because adding it on site would make it too messy for just one aspect of weapon, especially if the moving speed changes per sight etc.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 26th 2015, 12:01am

How about just relisting Woopsy's numbers in a separate tab as 'the official' Symthic list? His post has everything essential IMO.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,428)

Date of registration

Thursday, February 26th 2015, 8:31am

How about just relisting Woopsy's numbers in a separate tab as 'the official' Symthic list? His post has everything essential IMO.

It should preferably be more tidyed up and linking straight to forum posts can scare off some random users (then again, I have link to recoil and/or some spread explanation on forums somewhere on this site).
Decisions decisions D: