Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "MelBrooksKA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, February 6th 2015, 9:13pm

BFH Beta- Better ADS Moving than Stationary spread?

I was looking through the stats on the BFH gun for raisins and I noticed that there are a few guns with the same spread values for ADS moving and stationary and my first reactions I said to my friend was "Hey, there are a few guns that have just as good spread when you are moving than when standing still." And then I thought about it and am having a double take. Don't the values on ADS moving spread mean the value it would be if your character were moving at max speed? Are these values a mistake, or does this mean that some weapons actually are more accurate when a person is moving in ADS?
Avatar credited to PlagueOfGripes YouTube animation "Tour Guide Nixon"

"We need some goats in sexy lingerie"- men of the wall

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, February 6th 2015, 9:31pm

If BFH moving spread is calculated like BF4 moving spread then the "moving spread" stat is actually more of a "moving spread penalty". The BF4 formula can be found here .

In short, the difference between your (non-moving) ADS spread and the ADS moving spread penalty is multiplied with moving spread modifiers (like ergo, move speed, (non)bullpup-mod and post-buff HB) and on top of that your standing base ADS spread is added.

What this means is that your moving spread cannot be lower than your standing spread*.

*Because all modifiers are positive and base ads spread is <= the moving spread penalty for all guns.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "MelBrooksKA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 1:10am

I am confused, I thought the problem with calculating Moving ADS spread is that that calculated value is screwed up because you move slower and therefore never reach that max spread value? Does this just mean it is the Maximum and Minimum and that there is no change in the spread?
Avatar credited to PlagueOfGripes YouTube animation "Tour Guide Nixon"

"We need some goats in sexy lingerie"- men of the wall

C0llis

(3,334)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 1:39am

Movement speed scales the penalty that is added on top of your base spread. Movement speed enters the equation in the "ADS_speed_mult" variable:

ADS_speed_mult is the product of your base movement speed multiplier in a given direction (1x forward, 0.75x strafing and backwards) and your weapons ADS speed multipler (0.5x for "normal" weapons, 0.75x for bullpups). That is: you move at 1x your walk speed while walking forward while _not_ ADS, and at 0.75x your walk speed while strafing/backing while _not_ ADS and going ADS makes you walk at 0.5x/0.75x of that speed, depending on your weapon.

With an analog controller you are able to scale your walking speed from 0-1x of those speeds, a keyboard forces you to walk at 0x or 1x of those speeds. If it makes it easier to understand you can think of the total ADS spread formula as:

total_spread = moving_penalty*x + standing spread + SIPS*number_of_previous_shots_fired

Where x is your movement speed from 0-1: standing still gives you your standing spread (x = 0), moving about (x>0) gives you more than that.

Things people said

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,821)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 1:45am

Didn't any of you read this?

I just want to point out that some of these values might be off. I haven't had time to check files if they have new kind of "exceptions" etc.

Also spread while moving is more like "standing spread + moving spread", not just "moving spread".

The BF4 calculation definitely cannot work here because you subtract your stationary spread from your moving spread value.

Since some of BF:H's moving spread values are smaller than their stationary values, you'd end up with negative spread. This makes no sense.

Miffy's guess that it's a simple addition makes sense but since we don't have word from the devs, we shouldn't even bother with moving spread calculations yet.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

(3,334)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 1:56am

I thought he meant that BFH used the BF4 formula (which can be stated as standing spread + moving spread) and that his post was to be interpreted that the moving spread stat alone didn't give "moving spread", i.e. that his post was intended to clear up that common misunderstanding because there was some talk about moving spread in the thread.

Well,

@MelBrooksKA

It seems like BFH moving spread isn't handled the same way as in BF4, we're not sure how it works in BFH.

Things people said