Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Monk31" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, January 30th 2015, 9:45pm

M39 fired at 260rpm

I know the m39 has the most recoil of the dmr's. It also fires faster than all but the sks. I was wondering if there was a good way to compare the m39 to the 260rpm DMR's if you "hold back" the m39 to only 260. The charts on this website show the accuracy plots assuming fired at the full 300 rpm. Is there any way to see what it would look like in this scenario. Both spread and recoil would be positively affected.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, January 30th 2015, 10:26pm

The slower RoF of 260 seems to be enough to let spread settle completely, even when using a compensator.

Recoil decrease is much harder to calculate, so I'll leave that to someone else ^^
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 30th 2015, 10:52pm

Worst case scenario you get the full .3 horizontal and 1.4(.7*2.0) vertical. Would it be the hypotenuse of 1.4318 for a total recoil maximum?

There's a 0.0308s delay between firing 300and 260. (60/300-60/260)

Would it be .0308*6(recoil decrease) for a recoil reduction of .1846? Or an effective recoil of between 1.215 and 1.247 (.608 and.624 before FSM). Or have I over simplified it?

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 12:26am

Worst case scenario you get the full .3 horizontal and 1.4(.7*2.0) vertical. Would it be the hypotenuse of 1.4318 for a total recoil maximum?

I'm with you so far.

There's a 0.0308s delay between firing 300and 260. (60/300-60/260)

Here's where it gets complicated. Events (like bullets firing or spread decreasing) can only occur within separate frames that run at around 30 Hz (so one frame is ~33 milliseconds). Read all about it!

Would it be .0308*6(recoil decrease) for a recoil reduction of .1846? Or an effective recoil of between 1.215 and 1.247 (.608 and.624 before FSM). Or have I over simplified it?

Not only do we have to deal with said frames, but recoil decrease isn't even linear. It might also be done separately for vertical and horizontal recoil.

Well, have fun with all of that :D
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 12:40am

Yes, no-spread M39 EMR firing is 272rpm, so shooting it at 260 will always be at base spread. Some recoil will be recovered as well, but unfortunately since Recoil Recovery is based on in-game time of something like 30hz, right now we don't have a clear grasp of how to work it out. My personal take is that since the game "updates" so infrequently, I doubt going from 300 -> 272 -> 260 will not have a drastic effect on recoil recovery. We all await 3VN to finish his investigations and finally present his findings, though.

My experience with the M39 + Suppressor + Ergo (so no recoil modifications at all) is that it is quite a handful. Thus, when comparing it with other DMRs that do the same damage, I kill faster up close (due to higher programmed allowed RPM) but kill quite a bit slower at range (due to getting shocked by recoil).

PS QBU-88 is rated at 310rpm so it is also faster than the M39.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 3:57am

Thanks for the links and input. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I was *hoping* that I would find that the m39 when fired at comparable ROF would have a comparable recoil, with the added advantage of being able to ramp up in unplanned close quarters situations.

I'm guessing that with this concept in mind, AFG and MB would be the way to go, if only to reduce the sighted recoil.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 5:02am

You can have a look here at the V-Recoil differences and Spread Increase Per Shot-induced accuracy differences at this thread I made here: The Revenge of the MB + AFG? M39 EMR Accuracy vs. Useability

I think Heavy Barrel + AFG is the best, since you gain a little bit of ADS - Moving spread buff, much better ADS - Not Moving spread, and yet has less V-Recoil than if you were just using the Muzzle Brake.

Still, this has ~20% higher V-Recoil than a standard 0.5 * 2 DMR, so at range I STILL fired slower than if I were using the RFB / Mk11 despite my best efforts. Then you just have to weigh whether the 40rpm difference actually does save your ass in CQB or not... remember, you're probably using mid-range scopes and Target Detectors and your hipfire is trash... so should you REALLY be in CQB?