Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 10:51am

i am actually typing on my kindle so thats why my words are a little muddled up.sorry.i have tried every lmg and the mg4,m24ob,pkp and type 88 are pretty good.which one of these do you think is the best or do you recomened any others?thanks for your help,i really appreciate it

M420BLAZEIT (M240B). Equal dps in CQB to the AEK (provided all bullets are on target) and very good at long range due to it's tap firing ability and high damage. If you want something a bit more controllable/forgiving but still has high dps go with the MG4 or M249. QBB strafing setup is fun to use as well. Although I will say the Ultimax is surprisingly good if you use it right.

M240B gets a TTK advantage over PKP only when the sixth consecutive bullet is fired. For shorter bursts, i.e. all non-bipodded or non-Locker-stubby-max-spread gameplay, PKP is always better. The only real and yet pretty minor upside of M240B is the muzzle velocity.

But then you can say that your favourite gun is the M420BLAZEIT... Aestethically M240B looks and sounds a lot better. Idk why but that's important to me. Although I will say I use the PKP a lot and it's also good. I've got my PKP mastery and also just got my third mastery on M240B (over two accounts).
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Aug 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 10:57am

I got .99 problems, but max spread ain't one.

Also, a bit more defensive playstyle? This isn't BF3, just spray your target.

If you can actually aim, use one of the GPMGs.
Or if you want a more AR-like experience, just use the AWS, although based on your other topic, you don't have Premium.
Hackintosh user, european player, suppressor lover.
Latest creation

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:03am

Defensive works for me. Although if you want to go MG4 suppressor in Locker/Metro and go balls out, by all means. I don't really think that works though. C4 and a carbine is much more effective.

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:06am

so is the pkp better or the m24ob?

PKP, for everything else than spraying. BF4 quantum dynamics makes all (the two) other GPMGs statistically inferior. M60 can be 2-shot bursted at 513 rpm, PKP and M240B at 600 rpm, so, go figure :).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:08am

a carbine is much more effective.

Yes a carbine's 30+1 magazine capacity is very effective for forcing you to stop firing.

A 200 round belt at .99 max spread is completely not an issue.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:30am

Yes a carbine's 30+1 magazine capacity is very effective for forcing you to stop firing.

I did say only in locker/metro. On those juicy backrapes C4 beats both. Plus it's much more badass.

How to ice an A-91

Well, technically...

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:41am

And yet, you'll kill your targets faster at min than at max spread. Not saying that the moving-stubby-full-auto issue should not be fixed and would not be a crutch for noobses, but I think it is blown out of proportion here. Isn't it an issue pertaining almost exclusively to one map in the game? And even there, a good player in cover (the only opponent meriting statistical considerations) will outshoot the sprayer.

@Zerocodex

Support is given the best anti-infantry guns in the game, why would he use a carbine?
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:46am

I think it is blown out of proportion here. Isn't it an issue pertaining almost exclusively to one map in the game?

Not one map, but one particular type of engagement.

It's really only a problem in CQB because you'd have to should burst otherwise.

The advantage of picking the MG4 Stubby over other CQB rifles is the 200 round magazine for accurate CQB mag dumping and they can still burst for med-long range combat if they have to. And 0.99 max spread is still decent enough for med-long range magdump.

Enemy pretty far away? No problem. Tap fire because .3 is pretty good. Or you can say, "What the hell?" and magdump. You have 200 rounds.

Enemy up close? Magdump. You have 200 rounds.

EDIT:

Also, if the target is larger than 0.99 max spread, what difference does it make?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Jan 24th 2015, 11:54am)

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:50am

I think it is blown out of proportion here. Isn't it an issue pertaining almost exclusively to one map in the game?

Not one map, but one particular type of engagement type.

Precisely. I encourage lmg use on every other map.

@3VN
I use an lmg on every other map other than locker/metro, here I use a carbine. The support gods would frown on me but they can't see my blasphemy through the fuster cluck that are those maps.

How to ice an A-91

Well, technically...

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zer0Cod3x" (Jan 24th 2015, 11:58am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 12:02pm

Enemy pretty far away? No problem. Tap fire because .3 is pretty good.

.2 < .3
And an enemy pretty far away should be the intended target for LMGs. This is the zone where LMGs thrive.
Or you can say, "What the hell?" and magdump. You have 200 rounds.

And get killed through the spray by any competent player with an AR coz RIP suppression.
Enemy up close? Magdump. You have 200 rounds.

And you still need to avoid like plague (i) hipfire and (ii) any actions that trigger the deployment time, like jumping, sprinting, etc. You can shoot like a terminator but you'll be an easy target too.

For the record, I don't play Locker/Metro, so may views may be biased here.