Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "BrianUdz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2015

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, January 22nd 2015, 5:27pm

M320 Dart and M26 Dart differences?

I am thinking of using the dart rounds on my L85A2 but not sure what the pros/cons are between these two gadgets. I see that with the M320 you can equip a UGL Rail on the underbarrel, but of course not interested in doing that when the other attachments have so many more benefits. So what exactly are the differences other than that between these two?

I am looking at the shell stats on them but not sure what they mean exactly:

BF4 Shotgun damage stats | Symthic

For the M320 I assume they use:

40mm Flechette

Damage 25.0 - 8.4
Dropoff 12 - 30m
Gravity -9.81m/s2
Suppression 20 - 30
Time to live 1.5s

For the M26 I assume they use:
12g Flechette

Damage 12.5 - 8.4
Dropoff 20 - 50m
Gravity -9.81m/s2
Suppression 20 - 30
Time to live 1s

I understand most of the stats, but what does time to live mean? is higher or lower better?

Also if anyone has practical experience with these attachments... do reload speeds differ greatly? Is one gadget quicker to switch to then the other?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, January 22nd 2015, 8:30pm

Enabled and bumped.

time_to_live is how long the bullets live after being shot in seconds (higher = lives longer = longer range). Also M320 Dart and M26 Dart don't use those numbers, I believe somebody posted those somewhere not too long ago.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, January 22nd 2015, 8:56pm

@Miffyli
Actually those projectile data are correct.

Main differences are, one reloads after every shot while the other doesn't and the damage differences.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, January 22nd 2015, 9:02pm

I knew the M320 dart did 25 damage... It's a fucking monster, just beware it's all or nothing

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, January 22nd 2015, 9:42pm

@Miffyli
Actually those projectile data are correct.

Main differences are, one reloads after every shot while the other doesn't and the damage differences.

Oh alrighty then.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included