Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Sapphidia" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 6:01pm

AKU-12 - how do you use this?

Probably best here rather than Weapon Discussion. I normally have no issue with low ROF weapons (SAR-21 and the RPKs are favorites of mine), I even love the Type-95-B1 carbine as it's so easy to control. The AKU-12 is almost 700 RPM, and the AR-160 is my favorite assault rifle. 700 feels fine.

Whatever I do i cannot make any setup work with the AKU-12. It feels too inaccurate to be used as a long range laser (plus carbine ranges), is just at the edge of where a heavy barrel makes the recoil feel awkward, and it's not high enough RPM to be decent in CQB. Does anyone use this, and if so, what attachments/tactics? I seem to do fine with the Type-95 which everyone calls the worst gun in the game, so I have no idea why the AKU-12 feels so terrible to me.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 7:11pm

Try burst fire? The sound is off but it's significantly more accurate with a higher ROF.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 7:38pm

The AKU is in a slightly weird spot. It's got recoil and rpm that lends it towards long range, but it lacks the bullet velocity to be really effective at that.

I'd advice either HB or suppressor, w/ ergo and laser. Use it at medium range, use carbine moving ads spread + ergo to your advantage. If you use the suppressor it's a great flanking weapon with a bit more range than the average gun you would otherwise throw a suppressor on.

The strength of the the AKU is its accuracy, so in order to get the most out of it you need to consciously go for headshots.

You should try out burst, but it's really awkward because of the mismatched sound.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 9:23pm

What Collis wrote. I liked it with irons, lazer, ergo, and suppressor. It is quite nice for close and medium range. It was nice at medium range because I didn't have to let off the trigger like I do when I use the ACW-R.