Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 7:08pm

As a console player, I can tell you long bursts are the easiest. First 3-5 shots go all over the place, but then you get a feel for the recoil and correct it.

Also, if you're this dedicated to tapfiring, use a fucking DMR!
Why nerf the ROF of a gun doing only 24-18 damage? At the LEAST use the SCAR-H, or switch to support and use the tapfire monster GPMGs.

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 9:54pm

Quoted

Am I overlooking anything?
Yes, tapfire is shit.

Rezal is, while unnecessarily blunt, correct.

Especially with a SAR, you should abuse the low recoil and SIPS
It's important to make the distinction of console vs PC, the balance of the game and playing styles vary quite much from what I've seen and played. With recoil control becoming a bit harder the different forms of bursting become more useful on console. It's quite interesting seeing the differences and how they affect balance, for example burst fire weapons seem a stronger choice on console.

Pasta is right here.

Tapping is only slowing down your potential fire rate for accuracy, but if you can squeeze out more damage without accuracy being lost, why shouldn't you?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 11:26pm

Quoted

Yes, tapfire is shit.

It's important to make the distinction of console vs PC, the balance of the game and playing styles vary quite much from what I've seen and played. With recoil control becoming a bit harder the different forms of bursting become more useful on console. It's quite interesting seeing the differences and how they affect balance, for example burst fire weapons seem a stronger choice on console.

Pasta is right here.

Tapping is only slowing down your potential fire rate for accuracy, but if you can squeeze out more damage without accuracy being lost, why shouldn't you?

Are we talking literally about tap firing (tapping single shots) here? Or 2-shot bursting? If former, yeah, it's shit.

If latter, this is correct only for low-med. spread increase, low-med. recoil guns. At least for exposed targets. But, take someone mostly behind cover or any heavy LMG, like PKP, and tap-fire is king in all but the short ranges.

I have playtested quite a bit "long-bursts HB-QBB" against "2-shot comp-PKP", and PKP is the Arnold of those two. More versatile, more killy.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 11:51pm

Quoted

Quoted

Yes, tapfire is shit.

Pasta is right here.

Are we talking literally about tap firing (tapping single shots) here? Or 2-shot bursting? If former, yeah, it's shit.

If latter, this is correct only for low-med. spread increase, low-med. recoil guns. At least for exposed targets. But, take someone mostly behind cover or any heavy LMG, like PKP, and tap-fire is king in all but the short ranges.

I have playtested quite a bit "long-bursts HB-QBB" against "2-shot comp-PKP", and PKP is the Arnold of those two. More versatile, more killy.

We're talking in the the context of the two guns in question. And (correct me if I'm wrong) neither should be fired (even at range) for less than 3-4 shots, otherwise you're doing nothing to help yourself. You might as well pick something with higher damage per round.

You'll get similar (if not higher) TTK with similar recoil.

@Noobspanker

Drawn out enough for ya?! :-P

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration
: Aug 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 12:08am

Don't treat the SCAR as a G3, it has been said before, that while the G3 was good at long range and capable at short, the SCAR is the complete opposite. The SAR is way better than a SCAR at longer ranges.
Hackintosh user, european player, suppressor lover.
Latest creation

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 12:40am

Got to agree with Pasta that if you're dedicated to the tap fire option your best bet by far is to find a nice DMR that feels comfy to you, or alternatively run either the PKP, M60 or M240B LMGs with a Muzzle/Comp and Angled Foregrip. Yes, they're much more versatile with a potato or bipod but they're monstrous at tap firing 2 round bursts if you get the lowest recoil setup you can. Alternatively get used to the M16A4 or the M4 burstfire weapons (or use the AK-12 in burstfire mode).

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 10:39pm

Yes, they're much more versatile with a potato or bipod but they're monstrous at tap firing 2 round bursts if you get the lowest recoil setup you can.

Disagree with this. I've just completed a long run with the bipod on the PKP and gone back to AFG, the two shot burst is just so damn good at range that I feel the bipod isn't necessary. I would have to use a 3.4x to get the most out of the bipod, that's how far the x1 can reach out with tap firing. Potato seems much more important on the lower damage LMG bullet hoses than the hard hitters.

I've also tried the Comp for a while instead of the HB, while it is slightly easier to use at closer ranges when a third shot may be needed to out TTK, the base stationary ADS with HB is just fuckin sick. Its lower than many AR's base stationary ADS without HBs including the SCAR-H, all while having a laughably low .4 FSM. You basically don't need recoil control for two shot bursts, just aim for the chest/neck and destroy. Its like a SCAR-H with a massive magazine, vastly inferior on the move yes, but you can magdump for days if needed to cover that weakness.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 10:49pm

Disagree with this. I've just completed a long run with the bipod on the PKP and gone back to AFG, the two shot burst is just so damn good at range that I feel the bipod isn't necessary

Actually, I fully agree with you. I mostly put in the potato/bipod comment because that seems to be the majority view here, but the PKP is the gun I have the most kills with in BF4 and I've got almost all of them via an Angled Foregrip + Muzzle Brake setup using 2 round burst tapfire at medium range. It's freaking monstrous - two taps can down anyone in the chest at midrange.

I'm glad you brought it up - I really think more people should try this setup. People see the already sub-1.0 FSM and hear about how you get more and more inaccurate going away from 1.0, and how the AFG is redundant, but the AFG on these guns still makes a huge difference. 0.55 upward recoil naked, reduced to 0.36 for the second shot. AFG makes this 0.24, which is teeny. Yeah you spray all over the place once you start firing 4+ round bursts but you're only ever going to do that in really close range so it doesnt matter.

Date of registration
: May 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, January 21st 2015, 11:07pm

Disagree with this. I've just completed a long run with the bipod on the PKP and gone back to AFG, the two shot burst is just so damn good at range that I feel the bipod isn't necessary

Actually, I fully agree with you. I mostly put in the potato/bipod comment because that seems to be the majority view here, but the PKP is the gun I have the most kills with in BF4 and I've got almost all of them via an Angled Foregrip + Muzzle Brake setup using 2 round burst tapfire at medium range. It's freaking monstrous - two taps can down anyone in the chest at midrange.

Then speak truth to power man! Or in this case, rep. :P

Date of registration
: Nov 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 6:20pm

FWIW, after mastering all assault rifle and all carbines, the SAR-21 was my highest KPM and accuracy weapon. I like a longer range tap fire style of play. I favor ADS, almost never hipfire. HB/AG with a Korbra and 2x is normally what I run.