Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Sapphidia" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 7:14pm

Benefits of a Laser Sight for quickscoping?

I think this one has possibly been asked before, but I believe it was before a lot of changes were made to the way ADSing worked.

Put simply, if you're running around with a laser sight and quickly aim down sight at something and start firing, what benefit would you see over someone running without an accessory?

I understand how max spreads work and I believe if you start firing from the hip and ADS with the trigger down, you get set to the ADS maxspread (1.5 or 0.99 with stubby, at least till the next patch). But is this an instant flick or is it a deterioration using spread decrease over time values?

Does someone using an assault rifle with a laser sight who always fires ADS see any benefit in accuracy for the first shot or two when firing or is the -33% spread effect completely negated in a millisecond as soon as you ADS?

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 7:26pm

Spread goes from your hip spread to your ADS spread (max or min, depending on whether you are shooting or not) over the course of the ADS animation.

Lower hip fire spread -> shorter time to reach (min/max) ADS spread. Put another way, the laser sight allows you to reach ADS spread faster.

So yes, the laser sight has some value for ADS fire, but the effect is very minor. I wouldn't say that it gives you a benefit for the x first shots (because it all depends on where in the animation you begin shooting), but rather that you can shoot earlier after transitioning into ADS, which is an advantage, albeit very minor.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 8:19pm

what collis said, yet i still thik that a canted sight on these loadouts works better.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3