Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 7:43pm

wow i finally found some other people who think this game's suppression is a joke and miss BF3 where bipod mgs were great. god i miss my 200 round m240B :( . i gave up on GPMGs in this game and just go type 88 or if im attempting bipod stuff then mg4.

i think the problem also has to do with most terrain not working with the bipod whereas bf3 it worked well. this is combined with the suppressions uselessness against snipers and the SRR61 being a laserbeam OHK at all ranges that pretty much can't miss the head of a stationary target. its really just ruined bipodding and lmgs all together.

just use an MRAP instead, that's what I do now, even more than in BF3

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2015

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 4:23pm

Quoted

It seems that the BF4 weapon stats miss this feature from BF3.

Does anyone know what the suppression value per bullet is for the different weapons, and in particular what the values are for LMGs vs. GPMGs?

May I ask what GPMG stands for?
the only blueberry support that will give ammo if you ask for it ^_^

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 4:39pm

Quoted

Does anyone know what the suppression value per bullet is for the different weapons, and in particular what the values are for LMGs vs. GPMGs?

General Purpose Machine Gun.
irl these are different from Light Machine Guns (LMGs) as they generally use heavier ammunition, hence they serve a variety of roles. For eg. The M60D is used as a helicopter-mounted MG while M60E4 is lighter squad support weapon, so the M60 system on the whole is considered a GPMG.

In simple Battlefield terms, GPMG collectively refers to the M60, M240 and PKP. I hope that helps, Im not particularly good at explaining things :P

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 5:12pm

Quoted

irl these are different from Light Machine Guns (LMGs) as they generally use heavier ammunition, hence they serve a variety of roles. For eg. The M60D is used as a helicopter-mounted MG while M60E4 is lighter squad support weapon, so the M60 system on the whole is considered a GPMG.

In simple Battlefield terms, GPMG collectively refers to the M60, M240 and PKP. I hope that helps, Im not particularly good at explaining things :P

No that's basically spot on :)
Some people call them MMGs or Medium Machine Guns as well since their calibre is lower than HMG's .50 but higher than LMG's 5.56mm (or variants).

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, February 9th 2015, 12:10pm

bring back bf3 suppression, give gpmgs 200 rounds again and give the SRR-61 proper bullet drop, buff .50cals... game fixed!

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2015

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 9th 2015, 12:19pm

Quoted

thank youu guys :) @FullAuto &@ViperFTW
the only blueberry support that will give ammo if you ask for it ^_^