Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, December 1st 2014, 4:39am

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, December 1st 2014, 5:04am

Wow, I hadn't realized how bad and how many of these things there are. I think I'll just link to this thread for my CTE thread, rather than trying to repost all of it.

No need, the devs know pretty much about it.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, December 1st 2014, 6:06am

More "bugs" (balancing errors):

IFV sucks at killing infantry

IFV APFSDS shell sucks vs armor
Agreed with everything but these two. IMO IFV APFSDS makes the IFV mazing at killing infantry. Extreme accuracy, 2 hit kill at any range. This is of course totally counter intuitive. IFV cannister does suck at kiling infantry at ranges where IFVs should be fighting though, even with the buff many patches ago.

APFSDS does a fine job against everything but MBTs at bad angles, especially since it can be fired simultaneously with TOWs.

MBT top side multipliers are retardedly high
Not sure that's really a bad thing, MBT angling multipliers are so extremely generous that you need some high damage perpendicular hits somewhere.

IMO the tank needs to be reworked such that excellent threat facing and angling is rewarded, wheras side hits at angles need to do more damage and i'd like them to introduce a frontal armor weakness, perhaps on the gun mantlet or something for the precision aimers.

Right now tank battles are often a straight up slugging match to be the first to get 5 hits unless one person gets nailed with a bad perpendicular side blow.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 1st 2014, 7:19am

Wow, I hadn't realized how bad and how many of these things there are. I think I'll just link to this thread for my CTE thread, rather than trying to repost all of it.

No need, the devs know pretty much about it.

It's partly for the community too, as well as non-gameplay issues like (for vehicles) missiles and bombs not actually launching visually, text or similar errors and such. It's a partner to my much more developed weapon-based thread. Since people, especially you guys are all over the big, glaring gameplay issues I've focused on both more minor gameplay and other errors, like the animation stuff.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, December 1st 2014, 8:05am

MBT top side multipliers are retardedly high
Not sure that's really a bad thing, MBT angling multipliers are so extremely generous that you need some high damage perpendicular hits somewhere.

IMO the tank needs to be reworked such that excellent threat facing and angling is rewarded, wheras side hits at angles need to do more damage and i'd like them to introduce a frontal armor weakness, perhaps on the gun mantlet or something for the precision aimers.

Right now tank battles are often a straight up slugging match to be the first to get 5 hits unless one person gets nailed with a bad perpendicular side blow.

While I agree that straight up front 1v1 tanks do not reward angling that much cause of the front armor being so flat in terms of multipliers... there's also flanking or playing very aggressively to the point of ramming. Facing and angling is already rewarded, just the front side is a little bland. Top side multipliers array is ridiculously punishing and/or a big weakness against which there's very little you can do.

About the front weak spot.. maybe you'll find this interesting: How to 2 shot destroy tanks from the front - YouTube
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 1st 2014, 8:24am

While I agree that straight up front 1v1 tanks do not reward angling that much cause of the front armor being so flat in terms of multipliers... there's also flanking or playing very aggressively to the point of ramming. Facing and angling is already rewarded, just the front side is a little bland. Top side multipliers array is ridiculously punishing and/or a big weakness against which there's very little you can do.

About the front weak spot.. maybe you'll find this interesting: How to 2 shot destroy tanks from the front - YouTube

Are you glancing the top armor only? I've tried to do that and it never seems to work for me. HE shell only because of the drop?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,821)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 1st 2014, 11:28am

RHIB has 1000 hp and pretty much survives pretty much anything except for MAA, Jet or mini guns

But then, all these people obsessed with WWII beach landings would suddenly realize why the idea sucks in the first place.

IIRC Demize wanted transports to take at least two shots since people complained about transports in BF3 being mostly just deathtraps. I agree.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 1st 2014, 11:43am

IIRC Demize wanted transports to take at least two shots since people complained about transports in BF3 being mostly just deathtraps. I agree.

To further this, RHIBs have far more health than Armoured Jeeps because of two things: that the crew is entirely open and exposed, the vehicle itself has nowhere to hide or go, and that lock-on weaponry is the superior option against them, as opposed to the Land RHIBs, which are both protected and much more likely to be engaged by dumb fire launchers, and can very easily take cover or be abandoned for safety.

Put another way, the game's telling you that when you see a tiny open raft in the middle of the ocean, maybe you should be targeting the people in it.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, December 1st 2014, 4:23pm

Are you glancing the top armor only? I've tried to do that and it never seems to work for me. HE shell only because of the drop?

It's easy to reproduce once you get the hang of it, the problem is that the enemy tank needs to cooperate a bit with its own position and turret. Try it out on the test range until you find the spot. It's AP shell btw (check the HUD), but others work too
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 1st 2014, 6:41pm

It's easy to reproduce once you get the hang of it, the problem is that the enemy tank needs to cooperate a bit with its own position and turret. Try it out on the test range until you find the spot. It's AP shell btw (check the HUD), but others work too

I will. I long ago gave up that trickshotting MBTs was dead in BF4 but that was apparently premature. Looked like HE to my tired eyes at that resolution.