Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "KIRA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 2:56am

The good old "soldier zoom sensitivity"

I really liked the lower sensitivity while ads we had before.

800+ hours with the old system, but I've playing a lot less lately and, every time I jump in a server, I feel there's something wrong with my aim (and I've tried many different setups).

Can someone point me what % should I use to get things back to what it was?

This post by "Bruh" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 4:02am) has been deleted by user "Legion" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 3:21pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 4:49am

Play with Uniform Sensitivy Settings

CTE Uniform Soldier Aiming Info
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 5:14am

Try being less bad

Don't be an ass

It's like he's writing a memo to himself.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 5:23am

Play with Uniform Sensitivy Settings

CTE Uniform Soldier Aiming Info
That was helpful, thanks. If i read it right, i should change the "GstInput.SoldierUniformAimingCoefficient" command to 0 and it should be just like before. I'll give it a try later

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 5:31am

The old system had different zoom sensitivity percent for each type of scope.
To get close to the old system you will need to look up the ratio of your preferred scope type and set the overall zoom % to that, with the individual scope advanced options all at 100%.

Based on the data here 60% should be roughly what you are used to if using RDS.

I recommend turning uniform aiming on and getting used to it even if want the soldier aimed sensitivity to be lower.

Based this old thread , uniform aiming is trying to keep the sensitivity on the ideal line on the chart.

Only other tweaking I prefer is based on the relative soldier size based on scope power and engagement range. Lower zoom with closer targets or higher zoom at longer ranges I use the uniform aiming because the target sizes are about the same. The magnifier gets used at longer ranges but not significantly larger zoom so I prefer slightly lower sensitivity.

Bonus option
If you want the sensitivity closer to BF3 here are the values taken from this thread :

1x (rds): fov 40, speed 0.5: 80 ratio

1x (irons): fov 40, speed 0.5: 80 ratio

holo: fov 32, 0.32 speed: 100 ratio

3.4x: fov 20, 0.36 speed: 55.5556 ratio

4x: 17.2000001, 0.31 speed: 55.4838 ratio

6x: fov 11.6, 0.21 speed: 55.2380 ratio

7x: fov 9.9, 0.21 speed: 47.14 ratio

8x: fov 8.7, 0.16 speed: 54.37 ratio

12x: fov 5.8, 0.11 speed: 52.7272 ratio

Ideally you would want the fov to match in BF4 (fov scaling off), then the speed is the percent you set the sensitivity to. If you want to try this set the soldier aimed sensitivity to 100%, then change the individual option in the advanced section.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 8:55am

Turn on Uniform Soldier Aiming. Set Coefficient to what it should be for your aspect ratio (177% for 16:9). Do not touch any of the individual UsA sight sensitivities, ever. Set hipfire sensitivity to where you like it. Equip a 1x sight and set ADS sensitivity to where you like it. Have much better gameplay.
Who Enjoys, Wins

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 2:38pm

Try being less bad

Don't be an ass

He has a point, though. For maximum consistency, one should level both sensitivities.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 5:23pm

Quoted

He has a point, though. For maximum consistency, one should level both sensitivities.

For maximum consistency, maybe, but I'm not that hardcore. The lower your sensitivity the better but, at some point, it becomes a problem to do something simple as look around (especially on conquest, with less frequent engagements). For this reason I think the lower ads sensitivity is incredibly helpful. I'm ok with trading hipfire accuracy for more comfort, if that is what you're implying.

Quoted

The old system had different zoom sensitivity percent for each type of scope.
To get close to the old system you will need to look up the ratio of your preferred scope type and set the overall zoom % to that, with the individual scope advanced options all at 100%.

Based on the data here 60% should be roughly what you are used to if using RDS.

I recommend turning uniform aiming on and getting used to it even if want the soldier aimed sensitivity to be lower.

Based this old thread , uniform aiming is trying to keep the sensitivity on the ideal line on the chart.

Only other tweaking I prefer is based on the relative soldier size based on scope power and engagement range. Lower zoom with closer targets or higher zoom at longer ranges I use the uniform aiming because the target sizes are about the same. The magnifier gets used at longer ranges but not significantly larger zoom so I prefer slightly lower sensitivity.

Bonus option
If you want the sensitivity closer to BF3 here are the values taken from this thread :

1x (rds): fov 40, speed 0.5: 80 ratio

1x (irons): fov 40, speed 0.5: 80 ratio

holo: fov 32, 0.32 speed: 100 ratio

3.4x: fov 20, 0.36 speed: 55.5556 ratio

4x: 17.2000001, 0.31 speed: 55.4838 ratio

6x: fov 11.6, 0.21 speed: 55.2380 ratio

7x: fov 9.9, 0.21 speed: 47.14 ratio

8x: fov 8.7, 0.16 speed: 54.37 ratio

12x: fov 5.8, 0.11 speed: 52.7272 ratio

Ideally you would want the fov to match in BF4 (fov scaling off), then the speed is the percent you set the sensitivity to. If you want to try this set the soldier aimed sensitivity to 100%, then change the individual option in the advanced section.

60% it is then. A slight lower sensitivity for medium scopes is not a bad idea though, I might try it as well. Thanks!

And I'm ok with the uniform aiming, I'll keep it on.