Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 8:27pm

Someone needs to come up with a console controller that doesn't require auto-aim.

KB/M
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "Sheercalamari" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, October 10th 2014, 5:33am

Hey noctyrne, this is a discussion there is no need to be a smart ass. My point is simply that because PDWs do not out perform assault rifles in CQB they should get a damage buff, by saying they do not perform well at range was simply to emphasize how restricted they are to a certain area and they do not even exceed in that area. The laser is a stupid attachment, it is not worth the 25% hip fire increase for 25% more deaths due people seeing the bright 'shoot here' sign. I think that due to ammo conservation and in the interest of killing more than one enemy aiming down sights is always the most efficient thing to do. I have no problem with my aim, I have an issue with the time to kill.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, October 10th 2014, 5:41am

PDW guide added to my sig.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 10th 2014, 5:42am

Hey noctyrne, this is a discussion there is no need to be a smart ass.

Here's how the world works: be a dumbass, experience dumbass consequences.

You asked a stupid question, you should not expect to be coddled.

My point is simply that because PDWs do not out perform assault rifles in CQB

They do. It's called hipfire. PDW hipfire far outclasses AR hipfire. So much so that if both weapons were to begin firing at the same time, the PDW would win because they can reliably score a kill in the time it takes for an AR to finish ADSing. ARs cannot hope for the same performance because of their drastically worse hipfire.

they should get a damage buff,

No they shouldn't. Their TTK is fine at close range. In fact, it is superb because they can kill before someone finishes ADSing. Using hipfire.

by saying they do not perform well at range was simply to emphasize how restricted they are to a certain area and they do not even exceed in that area.

And in the area they are restricted in, they are really fucking good.

The laser is a stupid attachment, it is not worth the 25% hip fire increase for 25% more deaths due people seeing the bright 'shoot here' sign.

Anyone who says the laser is stupid is actually describing themself. As I said with MadMattDog, the amount of intelligence required to move a finger to turn the laser off is so miniscule, you have to be brain dead to not be able to do it. If you are unable to figure out when and how to turn it on/off, that is your own fault. Not the attachment's.

You are basically forgoing a free hipfire bonus that can be toggled at your discretion because you can't figure out how to operate it. And you call it stupid. PEBKAC.

Furthermore, the laser is awesome when used to bait people into - wait for it - CQB combat. And suddenly your better hipfire, movement speed, and overall better CQB performance shines.

I think that due to ammo conservation and in the interest of killing more than one enemy aiming down sights is always the most efficient thing to do. I have no problem with my aim, I have an issue with the time to kill.

See above charts.

In CQB, the most benefit you'll get out of ADSing for PDWs is so small, you may as well not do it at all. When you do start getting benefits for ADSing, well, that's not where PDWs are meant to operate.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post by "JSLICE20" (Friday, October 10th 2014, 6:10am) has been deleted by user "Labby" (Friday, October 10th 2014, 6:26pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 5:17am

They should improve the laser sight hip multiplier to 0.5x and reduce the spread increase on PDWs... yeah hip fire is better in BF4 on PDWs compared to carbines and ARs but it's still fucking terrible compared to the BF3 MP7/P90+laser, which is how effective they should be at hip fire in BF4.

As for the suggestion of restoring PDW max damage to 25... that makes it affected by defensive again which means inconsistency which is bad. To put it simply. If they are to increase the max damage, increase it to 27. (and P90/JS2 to 22)