Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "FullAuto" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 3:45am

A-91 HB vs Comp

I've seen people talk about how the compensator has more of a benefit on guns with very high Hrecoil. So is it worth it on the A-91, or should I go for HB?

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 3:55am

compensator would yield the most benefit for the largest range of engagements. Both will work, but the A-91 is not really suited to the style of gameplay that the Hbar lends itself to.

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 4:14am

Statistically, hbar is better, but not by much. Whichever you feel more accurate with

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 4:42am

Comp lets you get away with stubby easily. HB will probably require angled when you are facing players with good cover.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

• "FullAuto" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 5:49am

Comp lets you get away with stubby easily. HB will probably require angled when you are facing players with good cover.

And what if I want to use ergo?
A-91 with HB has roughly the same vertical recoil as a AEK w/ angled, so I can control that much recoil. The question is whether comp or HB is better for 2-3 round bursts.

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 6:06am

You don't want to use ergo.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: May 8th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 2:08pm

I'd go comp+ergo or comp+stubby personally.

The drop off on Carbines is so bad that, the HB ranges don't seem worth it to me on anything with an FSR of =/>2.

As ever you can't control the horizontal recoil and soldiers are more up and down than side to side when standing.

I did the mastery dog tags on the A-91 just before patch so my experience is somewhat dated. It had beautiful iron sights and is one of the nicest sounding carbines out there. Really is dog poor outside of 2-shot head-bursts at medium range tho. It's a 30-40m gun at best. Probably want to pack the magnum.