Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "HerrNilsson_SWE" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 6:33pm

max/ min spread on m240b

I was checking out the benefit of a stubby grip on the m240b and noticed that the min spread while moving is 2. The max spread while standing or moving is 1.5 (0,99 with stubby). Both of the max values are lower than the min value! How does this work out? ?(

Is the 0.99/1.5 value added to the 2 resulting in an other higher actual max spread value?

(is the 0.99/1.5 value more of a max spread increase value?)

stats

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 6:42pm

Hrm... I guess I should update the misc info with how moving spread works.

I am atm too tired for all theoretical stuff, but IIRC they are not the actual spread values, just "penalties" of sort. I am going to let somebody explain who has energy for it.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 6:50pm

1.5 is the standard across the board max moving spread and its gotta throw off the belt fed LMG. I checked an it has been like this since release.

@rezal did you ever notice this? or does the "real" moving spread cause this problem to correct itself?

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "elementofprgress" (Oct 7th 2014, 6:57pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 11:16pm

@HerrNilsson_SWE

Look here :). And max spread caps the spread even if min would be greater than max. Hence stubby for CQB.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 11:52am

@HerrNilsson_SWE

Look here . And max spread caps the spread even if min would be greater than max. Hence stubby for CQB.
Thanks, but it is still a bit difficult to understand it all. Could you give me an example of what the minimal moving spread of the m240b would be with hb+ergo?

Is it 0.3831?

[(2-0.3*0.5)*0.5*0.833*0.3]+0.3*0.5=0.3831
spread penalty*modifiers+min spread

is the moving spread of a naked m240b = 0.81?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 12:25pm

@HerrNilsson_SWE

Look here . And max spread caps the spread even if min would be greater than max. Hence stubby for CQB.
Thanks, but it is still a bit difficult to understand it all. Could you give me an example of what the minimal moving spread of the m240b would be with hb+ergo?

Is it 0.3831?

[(2-0.3*0.5)*0.5*0.833*0.3]+0.3*0.5=0.3831
spread penalty*modifiers+min spread

is the moving spread of a naked m240b = 0.81?

Looks otherwise correct but I don't see where the 0.3 multiplier comes from (?). For strafing/backward-ADS, the movement speed modifier is 0.375 (0.5*0.75), for forward-ADS it's just 0.5). Check out Woopsy's thread: Moving ADS spread values

@WoopsyYaya
Gonna update that to new HB?
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 1:40pm

Looks otherwise correct but I don't see where the 0.3 multiplier comes from (?). For strafing/backward-ADS, the movement speed modifier is 0.375 (0.5*0.75), for forward-ADS it's just 0.5). Check out Woopsy's thread: Moving ADS spread values
Ok i thought that the ADS movement speed of lmg´s were 0.3 (slower than the usual 0.5), am I wrong?

The back/side strafing would then make it even lower (0.3*0.75=0.225)?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 7:33pm

Ok i thought that the ADS movement speed of lmg´s were 0.3 (slower than the usual 0.5), am I wrong?

The back/side strafing would then make it even lower (0.3*0.75=0.225)?

Nope, there has been some misinfo floating around, but this was both discussed and tested in one of the moving spread threads. LMGs ADS-move with the same 0.5 modifier as non-bullpup ARs.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 8:06pm

@WoopsyYaya
Gonna update that to new HB?

urpudurp if you want me to, sure, why not xD

I need some help though, can you tell me what has changed about HB moving spread bonus?
what about min spread of LMGs, has that changed?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.