Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 12th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 5:22pm

When im looking for a suppressed weapon i always go for one of two options. Either high ROF or high MV so i can still engage at range. I like the ak5c suppressed i dont necessarily think you are losing its strength your just applying it in a different manner. But this is only if my goal is a suppressed weapon. My setup is stubby suppressor and any sight. Do you think this logic is flawed. How do you detemine when you would like to suppress a weapon.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 6:57pm

Kobra/HB/Angled

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 8:32pm

I usually run suppressors on CQC weapons, or normal MV weapons. On high MV weapons, I feel that's their strength; on low MV weapons, I start to shoot peas. Also, guns like the FAMAS need it because of their long reloads. That's my opinion, I'm open to other suggestions though.

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 10:04pm

I also use the ak5c unsuppresed in a med to long range role. Vertical , HB any sight. As far as suppressed weapons this is kind what ive been gathering from other post. But i find when i try to use a normal MV weapon in this manner i end up with a weapon that is neither good at cqb or ranged firefights. And though they are functional they definitely do not excel for me. I might add that suppressors are much more than a novelty to me. I love playing the spec ops role in conquest. There are quite a few maps that i find it very necessary to be able engage people at range without giving up my stealth as i move from point to point. Just my thoughts tho. I would be curious to hear other peoples thoughts on this if someone felt it was worthy of a thread.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ronbroncos" (Oct 3rd 2014, 10:45pm)

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, October 6th 2014, 7:43am

Holo
HB
AFG
Laser

Works well with tap firing ^^

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 6th 2014, 12:00pm

@Ronbroncos
That would be worthy of a thread, I'd love to see you make it! However, I disagree. Never silence a high MV weapon (bar maybe PDWs and the SRR61)

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 6th 2014, 2:50pm

I can't really see enough substance there for a thread. Only thing I will say is when I build a suppressed loadout I'm looking for the best possible weapon for that job. Since suppressors greatly reduce MV I want the highest possible MV I can find. If ur looking for range in a suppressed loadout I don't see any other way, or how any of the normal velocity weapons hold an advantage in any way.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, October 6th 2014, 3:22pm

Only thing I will say is when I build a suppressed loadout I'm looking for the best possible weapon for that job. Since suppressors greatly reduce MV I want the highest possible MV I can find. If ur looking for range in a suppressed loadout I don't see any other way, or how any of the normal velocity weapons hold an advantage in any way.
You are going about this the wrong way.

Let's compare muzzle velocities of some carbines: the AK5C, AKU-12 and ACE 21

Unsuppressed: 630 vs. 500 vs. 410

Suppressed: 350 vs. 320 vs. 310

What does this tell us? Unsuppressed the AK5C has a 26% faster MV than the AKU-12, and a whopping 53% faster MV than the ACE 21. Now let's put on the suppressor. Suddenly the AK5C's advantage in velocity has shrunk to 9% vs the AKU-12, and 13% vs the ACE 21. So the advantage in MV becomes pretty pitiful. As such, while you can surely notice the difference in velocity between 630m/s and 500m/s, you cannot really see any practical difference between 350m/s and 320m/s: they both suck. Putting a suppressor on a weapon turns it into a close quarters weapon, no matter which role it had before. That's why you want to put a suppressor on a weapon which either already excels in close quarters (high RPM) or has other qualities that aren't lost when the MV is gimped (like recoil characteristics).

So please take that suppressor off the poor AK5C, or use it on a different weapon.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 6th 2014, 4:39pm

Quoted

Only thing I will say is when I build a suppressed loadout I'm looking for the best possible weapon for that job. Since suppressors greatly reduce MV I want the highest possible MV I can find. If ur looking for range in a suppressed loadout I don't see any other way, or how any of the normal velocity weapons hold an advantage in any way.
You are going about this the wrong way.

Let's compare muzzle velocities of some carbines: the AK5C, AKU-12 and ACE 21

Unsuppressed: 630 vs. 500 vs. 410

Suppressed: 350 vs. 320 vs. 310

What does this tell us? Unsuppressed the AK5C has a 26% faster MV than the AKU-12, and a whopping 53% faster MV than the ACE 21. Now let's put on the suppressor. Suddenly the AK5C's advantage in velocity has shrunk to 9% vs the AKU-12, and 13% vs the ACE 21. So the advantage in MV becomes pretty pitiful. As such, while you can surely notice the difference in velocity between 630m/s and 500m/s, you cannot really see any practical difference between 350m/s and 320m/s: they both suck. Putting a suppressor on a weapon turns it into a close quarters weapon, no matter which role it had before. That's why you want to put a suppressor on a weapon which either already excels in close quarters (high RPM) or has other qualities that aren't lost when the MV is gimped (like recoil characteristics).

So please take that suppressor off the poor AK5C, or use it on a different weapon.

Oh thank you. I would've brought up numbers but I'm at school and have pretty bad internet. I'm barely getting Tapatalk to work.

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 6th 2014, 10:59pm

Mv isn't the only thing I factor into choosing a suppressed weapon. As I said earlier in the thread its either ROF ( my favorite weapon to suppress is the ACW ) or range (aka mv). I am aware the effects of suppressors on the mv disparity among weapons. And I think you've misunderstood my point. I'm not saying this is the "best setup" for the ak5c. As matter of fact I think " THE BEST " is kind of rediculous it's all relative to game mode and the nature you plan on using it. Just dont be so quick to disregard it. It fills a (I hate say it) "niche" a good silenced weapon for range. The ak5c doesn't excel at anything in this game outside of easy mode for carbines. High mv does not to equate long range ability due to carbine damage model. 700 RPM isn't great in cqb. Recoil and FSM are nice but it's not exactly a laser beam. Mid range is the only place it outperforms some weapons. Personally I don't find this to that useful most the guns perform well in this role. It does many things well but nothing exceptionally well. But all the attributes make it ideal for a long range suppressed weapon. So if your looking for a full auto suppressed weapon (outside of lmgs) you can use on a big open map the ak5c is in my opinion the best in the game. And as far suppressors are only for cqb, you might want let all the lmg guy's know I think they missed the memo.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ronbroncos" (Oct 6th 2014, 11:08pm)