Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 7:41pm

If there are no holes or transparent bits you can still feel roughly the amount by the weight, if you want even more input you can push down on the spring and feel how hard it is.. It's not 100% accurate but you can easily feel if it's at like 0, 25, 50, 75 or 100%.

More and more modern magazines comes with at least a transparent strip.

Not being able to get any info on remaining bullets and most of all grenades in hardcore is just stupid... Sure you can count how many grenades you throw etc, but you don't know once you walk near an ammo box...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 2nd 2014, 12:43am

but you don't know once you walk near an ammo box...

This is especially bad for the XM25 in Hardcore. Pre-patch it resupplied two rounds at a time, and fairly slowly, so it was very difficult to know if you were loading a full or half-full mag. Post-patch with it being one round at a time at six seconds each, it's just plain stupid. Who the hell wants one round for it? It should be 30 seconds for five rounds, vastly more user-friendly (even outside of Hardcore) but the exact same end result.
Who has fun, wins.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 2nd 2014, 12:48am

Who the hell wants one round for it?

24/7 Metro/Locker grinders who cry about not being able to headglitch and trashy roofcampers who think they should never be uprooted.

Current grenade resupply times are silly in my opinion because they appear to be based solely on the feedback of 24/7 Metro/Locker grinders.

Just as a lot of feedback asking for high RPM weapon nerfs are based on their experience never playing beyond 12.5m in TDM/DOM.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 2nd 2014, 12:53am

24/7 Metro/Locker grinders who cry about not being able to headglitch and trashy roofcampers who think they should never be uprooted.

Current grenade resupply times are silly in my opinion because they appear to be based solely on the feedback of 24/7 Metro/Locker grinders.

Just as a lot of feedback asking for high RPM weapon nerfs are based on their experience never playing beyond 12.5m in TDM/DOM.
^This. I really hope we will see some changes to this soon to make grenade resupplies available again for people who don't brood on an ammobag all game long.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 2nd 2014, 12:58am

I absolutely agree. The grenade resupply times are ridiculous and resupplying might as well have been removed for everyone except the very people whining about it.

Explosive-related tangent: It's no secret the 3GL is crap, because being good (at killing people) would mean whining, but there's a very good way to make it usable without making it more lethal, something I had hoped it would do before it launched: Make every single round able to destroy walls, trees, and all other destructible stuff; it would make it an extremely useful utility launcher like the FB/Smoke variants. Currently it takes four to kill a wall.
Who has fun, wins.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, October 5th 2014, 3:12am

This has been in a few games, Red Orchestra being one of them.

I actually implemented this on one of my side-project shooters and a lot of players liked it.

Battlefield however is too arcadey for this to be a worthwhile feature.

Want to check your mag? Start the reload animation, if it goes, cancel it. You now know that you have less than a full magazine. It's up to you to judge how much is left and if you want to waste the remaining bullets and load a fresh mag.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 5th 2014, 3:51am

Want to check your mag? Start the reload animation, if it goes, cancel it. You now know that you have less than a full magazine. It's up to you to judge how much is left and if you want to waste the remaining bullets and load a fresh mag.

Yep, it sounds fine to me, especially now that we have Classic where you lose mags but also have the HUD.

Did you know vehicles lose their ammo if you reload them too? I think that's a bit silly, given how little ammo all of them get at a time.
Who has fun, wins.