Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Sheercalamari" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 19th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 7:52am

Checking rounds left in weapon

I have been playing hardcore recently and have become frustrated at myself when I run round a corner and realize I only had 4 bullets left and should have reloaded. What do you guys think of adding an option where by holding R your character pulls out the mag and puts it back into the rifle and by doing this he checks the amount of rounds left in the gun. Maybe a number pops up in the corner or it just says feels half full, full or empty. What do you guys think?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 7:55am

As a Hardcore player, I feel part of the challenge/fun of it is that you have to keep mental track, while also knowing that if you reload you lose that ammo. I would be fine with a HUD in Hardcore that showed spare mags instead of rounds and such, but didn't tell you how many rounds are left in your weapon, that would be cool.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 7:58am

Play Support

Problem solved.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 8:07am

Out of curiosity, how is this done IRL?
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 8:11am

Typically, somewhere on the magazine there will be apertures. These apertures are marked with numbers. You look at these apertures for a bullet. So if the aperture for 9 rounds has a bullet but the aperture for 10 doesn't, I have 9 rounds. The farther down the magazine, the higher the number. This is because the spring on the bottom of the magazine is pushing the entire stack up, so if they started at the top and numbered down, you'd always think you have max capacity.

All this is based on my experience using pistols.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,191)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 8:20am

Typically, somewhere on the magazine there will be apertures. These apertures are marked with numbers. You look at these apertures for a bullet. So if the aperture for 9 rounds has a bullet but the aperture for 10 doesn't, I have 9 rounds. The farther down the magazine, the higher the number. This is because the spring on the bottom of the magazine is pushing the entire stack up, so if they started at the top and numbered down, you'd always think you have max capacity.

All this is based on my experience using pistols.

This is how it works, altho it varies how many apertures the mag has. Just asked my friend about this who had lots of fun running around in forests with Rk 62 for six months in army :D
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 8:25am

Noctyrne is right, but while nearly all pistols have these little holes, rifles don't tend to; it's fine on pistols because dirt and such can't get in. There are always transparent mags, as used by the G36s, SG 550s, P90, HK417, or little transparent strips like the UMP45.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 8:46am

As a normal mode player, fuck hardcore. Can't check my firing mode, remaining mags or grenade?
lol gtfo best realism ?/10 would only play for ez BA kills
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rezal" (Oct 1st 2014, 8:53am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 8:51am

As a normal mode player, fuck hardcore. Can't check my firing mode, remaining mags or grenade?
lol gtfo best realism ?/10 would only play for ez BA kills

The bottom-centre HUD element is still present, so you can see you fire mode, zeroing, and accessory toggle, which are the very important ones. That's something they learned from BF3.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 8:52am

Impressive.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"