Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Marc" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 27th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 7:52am

AFG and burst fire weapons

Does the 33% decrease in recoil apply to the first shot or third shot when using a burst fire weapon?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 8:04am

Third Shot. It reduces the First-Shot Multiplier, which has now moved to the third shot, but it's the same multiplier game mechanic.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 21st 2014, 1:42am

Thanks! I guess the advantage is that your aim will recover faster after bursting.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 21st 2014, 2:03am

Thanks! I guess the advantage is that your aim will recover faster after bursting.

Yep. Burst weapons are the only ones I use the AFG on, since no matter what you do, you will always have a multiplier in every burst, whereas an automatic potentially only has one per mag. It allows more accurate followup bursts and more consistent recoil.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 21st 2014, 4:33am

So does the potato/stub have any benefits for burst fire weapons, since bursting is not really automatic fire?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 21st 2014, 4:36am

So does the potato/stub have any benefits for burst fire weapons, since bursting is not really automatic fire?

The use of the word "automatic" with the Stubby Grip, Muzzle Brake, and Compensator is rather misleading. They affect spread increase, which happens regardless of fire mode. It should have been worded "rapid fire". So yes, it does give you less spread increase, but you'll have to be spamming quite a bit to get a real benefit, and you won't be all that accurate at that point anyway. It does give its benefit, it's just not all that useful in this case.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 21st 2014, 8:07am

I understand now, thanks!