Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "WhitePharaoh" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, May 30th 2014, 12:31am

.44 Magnum, any viability?

I've just been wondering, since I have been messing around with it for a few games, and it fails to impress me, yet I find little mind paid to it except that it is ruined by the trigger delay. I was wondering if it has any redeeming qualities that make it viable in any way shape or form. Mind you, this means that if you were in a tournament, you would put your faith in it, or something similar to that fashion.

- Thank you for your help, Pharaoh.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, May 30th 2014, 12:34am

It's the best headglitcher removal without having to equip a primary for the effect.

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Friday, May 30th 2014, 12:46am

Well, you can - and I say can - take down people standing still across some pretty long distances with it - so it does have a place in the pistol class. I know a lot of people complain about how slowly it hands thanks to the delay, but I think the delay isn't too much of an issue if you are a good shot - the gun has 0.1 accuracy, its essentially a secondary sniper. In other words, if you use it as a second primary - its probably best in Conquest/TDM, paired with a CQB, fast reloading beast like the CZ or ACW-R, - you will do well. Don't use it like a traditional secondary where you switch to it when you out in your primary. Also, it is absolutely imperative to stand still while shooting if using it stock - 1.0 ADS sucks. A HBAR would fit it fine, but you'll want to make sure you always aim for head since follow ups will only become more difficult. And if you're a vet, use that 3x

I guess the SW40 is its main competitor atm - I perfect the SW40 because its more versatile and obviously has no delay, but the Magnum is a much better choice for long range because of ADS accuracy and velocity. However, unfortunately, the Desert Eagle and Mateba will really start to screw with things when they're added...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 30th 2014, 1:04am

@Sun: Amen.
@Holy: Okay. I couldn't get used to the 3x scope because it makes firing on the move even more challenging, but I'll try it. As for a primary, how does the AK 5C or PDW-R sound? I've been messing around with both of those weapons recently too.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, May 30th 2014, 1:25am

In my experience, treating the .44 like a secondary weapon rather than a sidearm makes for some unique and interesting gameplay.

I'll usually run the .44 paired with a shotgun primary, domination up close and a pocket DMR for some ranged abilities.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 30th 2014, 1:35am

I've considered pairing it with my Ace 53 SV or my 870, do you think that those would be good choices?

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, May 30th 2014, 2:14am

I've considered pairing it with my Ace 53 SV or my 870, do you think that those would be good choices?

870 definitely, though you're better off with a CQB-oriented sidearm for a DMR considering the .44 essentially is a DMR.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Friday, May 30th 2014, 2:24am

I've been using it with my M60, since I figured I wouldn't be running out of ammo anytime soon, reloading notwithstanding, I wouldn't need a serious backup.
I also hadn't given it a fair try.
Anyway, I find it amazing as a pocket sniper, the headshot multiplier and overall damage really do shine at long range along with it's amazing accuracy, and headglitchers have never been a problem since equipping it, XM25 notwithstanding.
It's also a great finisher at just about any range.
"But I was right, thus absolving me of responsibility forever." - Cracked.com

- Progression - Argos444 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Argos444 - BF4 Player stats

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, May 30th 2014, 3:14am

I've just been wondering, since I have been messing around with it for a few games, and it fails to impress me, yet I find little mind paid to it except that it is ruined by the trigger delay. I was wondering if it has any redeeming qualities that make it viable in any way shape or form. Mind you, this means that if you were in a tournament, you would put your faith in it, or something similar to that fashion.

- Thank you for your help, Pharaoh.

If I were in a tournament I wouldn't put my faith in it... But it does do alright if you treat it like everyone else said like a pocket sniper. It damage at range is better than the SW40 and MP412 REX, so I would trust it more than them for a pocket sniper. However it works a lot better if the target isn't moving, as adding the trigger delay, in addition leading the target and potential 'netcode' issues is rage inducing. Personally I would just wait for the Mateba if you want a revolver to use, the trigger delay is just annoying. I'm pretty pumped for the .44 Desert Eagle though.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 30th 2014, 3:52am

The Desert Eagle and P90 are my favorite guns in real life, and I expect to run the D. Eagle on at least two of my setups. I'm hyped for it, and as for the .44 as a pocket sniper, how is the muzzle velocity? I am using the Scout Elite constantly right now (First sniper I liked) and I find it successful because of its muzzle velocity. Is the .44 decent? My typical go to is an M1911 for long range right now.