Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "HolyBalls111" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 5:44pm

Rush Boat Loadout vs Conq Boat Loadout

With NS, I've made two presets for boats - one for Rush and one for Conquest.

For my Anti-Infantry Rush load out, I'm using Zunis and Thermal, but I'm undecided about what primary best works with the Zunis, and which countermeasure and upgrade to use (well I don't think belt feeder or air radar would help). What would you suggest? There's no armor/air threats in rush, but Javelins seem to be most dangerous threat to the attack boat. What upgrade/countermeasure counters that, and helps me deal with all the incoming dumb fires?

Also for Conquest, if I'm playing a purely "anti boat" (or "Water Superiority) role, what is better TOWs or TVs (obviously I'm using TVs right now) - also what upgrade would work best with Tows?

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:45pm

Shore Bombardment
30mm (last time I checked they would OHK infantry with a direct hit and they also have the best splash damage, also really good against vehicles up close but not great at longer ranges due to low velocity)

Zuni's (good for bombardment and decent against vehicles up close but like the 30mm it's lacking at range) or TOW (nice big blast for knocking down walls and buildings and then quickly cleaning up infy with the 30mm)

APS (best all-round countermeasure) or if you play with friends on comms use Smokescreen (can have teammates in the boat and then go up to the beach, popsmoke, let them get out under the cover of the smoke and you drive away drawing enemy attention while they storm the beach)

Thermal or IRNV optics (either one are great for picking out infy hiding in bushes and whatnot)

Proxy Scan (allows you to see infy and vehicle movement on the minimap)

Water Superiority
30mm (excellent damage but is difficult to use at range, but if you learn to compensate it can be very deadly) or Burst (great for sniping enemy boats, ground vehicles, and aircraft at long range)

TV (considered by most to be the best because of its high velocity and good damage, however it breaks your situational awareness and ability to control your boat when using it) or TOW (I prefer the TOW because it allows for better situational awareness, ability to control your boat while it's in flight, and you can simultaneously fire your primary weapon. Great with burst since you don't have to aim as high up at further ranges)

APS (best all-round countermeasure)

Zoom (makes it easier to engage targets at longer range, especially aircraft. Thermal/IRNV aren't really that useful since boats stick out of the water like a sore thumb)

Belt Feeder (You will be able to kill enemy vehicles a little bit faster but you will run out of ammo quicker and may have trouble against multiple targets) or Maintenance (pro-longs your life span which is great for when you are engaging multiple enemies over and over)

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 9:27pm

I used to use 25MM Cannon, but when I realized how good Burst Cannon is (especially against annoying air, your second antagonist after enemy boats), I just forgot there's something else except it. I don't play Rush that much, so I cannot say if it is of any use there; I think that 30MM Cannon would be better there due to enormous splash damage and OSK ability if you direct hit a soldier.

TV Missile – 'cause you cannot counter it at all, + 100% chance of disabling an enemy boat. It jackshits a lot (it can even ricochet from a target, lol), but if it works, it'd be the best tool in anti-vehicle fighting. Also, 2 TV torpedoes on Paracel Storm to return to your main cannon as fast as possible while your enemy is thinking your missiles missed him. I guess TOW Missile is good against infantry (read: in Rush) from RU/CN side according to TOW vs. Kornet splash damage stats and can be used on RCBs replacing default Zuni Rockets there.

As already mentioned somewhere else (I am a lazy ass), Smokescreen is usually of no use on boats (stealth bonus is not as important as on IFVs/MBTs/MAAs, +they are attacked by air a lot), so Active Protection is usually the most effective countermeasure. However, due to frequent Javelin spam, IR Smoke can sometimes save your (and gunners' and repair monkey's) life, but it is too sitiuatinoal. Maybe on Rush it's even better than APS. Yeah, remember that the projectiles you deflected via APS can still kill your passengers.

Optics: personal preferences; I use Thermal Optics as I see no need in Zoom Optics, especially on Rush.

Perk: I'd like to have Reactive Armor, but…Well, Burst Cannon requires Belt Feeder (4 clicks —> reload —> 4 clicks —> reload —> 4 clicks —> reload —> 4 clicks – and you are just an easy kill), although I'd rather use Thermal Camo due to Javelin and air spam and lack of IR Smoke in my usual loadout. I think these two perks are the best choice available as others are rather weak or too situational.

Main trick: if you don't have your friend as a repair monkey, you are not going anywhere.

One more trick: always move, don't stand still (unless you're alone in the boat and you are 100% sure there's no TV Missile incoming).

Situational trick: boat inside the carrier on Carrier Assault. On some servers, people are still unawared of this idiotic trick, so you can get 10+ killstreak while doing literally nothing.

So:
Conquest loadout:
  • Burst Cannon;
  • TV Missile;
  • Active Protection;
  • Thermal Optics;
  • Thermal Camo;
  • Repairer;
  • Stand still only when you launch TV Missiles.

Rush loadout:
  • 30MM Cannon;
  • Zuni Rockets (maybe TOW Missile on RCB);
  • APS/IR Smoke (high risk & high reward, especially for your passengers);
  • Thermal Optics;
  • Belt Feeder/Thermal Camo (as you wish; always second if you expect Javelin spam);
  • Repairer;
  • Something on 'W' key on keyboard.

• "HolyBalls111" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 1:27am

@VoicefromtheBasement @KriegsMeister

Thanks guys!

I'm thinking I'll probably go with APS, TVs (because they are almost impossible to counter if aimed right) and the Burst cannon for Conquest - which I've tried out and found quite helpful against aircraft. That means belt feeder too of course.

I'm feeling more inclined towards IR smoke for Rush just because of how reliable it is and because, as Voice pointed out, APS doesn't help your passengers out (which are more important in rush). 30mm and Zunis sound good - what about 25s and Zunis tho? - since 30mm and Zunis are already very similar (smaller mag, good splash, slower ROF).

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 5:02am

For Conquest I like to run either 25mm or Burst 25mm Cannons, TV Missile, APS and Thermal Camo.
Why?
I like the 25mm more than the 30mm because of the larger magazine size and better range if you tap fire the 25mm a bit it is pretty laser like accurate. I use the 25mm Cannon as my deafualt unless there is heavy air-support just killing us. The I will switch it up to Burst 25mm because it can deal with those targets better. However if you have a decent boat crew you can forsake the 25mm Burst and let them deal with the air targets.
TV Missile is just a stable in my opinion, you can use it to disable boats leaving spawn (in order to control movements), or use it to open up a boat fight or use it to finish one off. Also TV missiles go through APS so you can always deal damage. The only downside with the TV missile is that it doesn't outright kill aircrafts even jets... I finally nailed a jet the other day and was super excited, until I realized that he would just bail...
APS IMO is just the best out of all of the available options, after using the attack jet for so long I realize how easy it is to take down a boat with no APS. Plus it helps in the boat vs boat combat.
Thermal Camo I would argue is your best choice if your using this set-up because I don't want the pesky javelins to get me. Autoloader seems like another good choice however when using 25mm in conjunction with TV Missiles you don't need to reload a lot, making it not as useful.

As for Rush I haven't dabbled into that as much but I would probably go with 25mm or 30mm, Zuni Rockets, APS and Thermal Camo. For rush at least APS would be debatable, but Thermal Camo I still think would be a solid choice because the defenders will be trying to javelin you, making Thermal Camo a good choice to keep you alive.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 6:54pm

Does anyone know if the Vehicle Stats info for Boats is accurate? I use 30mm and Zunis because I feel like it helps me whittle down the enemy boats much faster and the 30mm cannon just hits so hard! I had assumed that the 30mm cannon had a slower muzzle velocity but according to those charts the 30mm has more gravity, that explains the change in drop but not needing to adjust my leading of the targets. I never run APS, just smokescreen.

30mm
Zuni
Smokescreen
Autoloader
Zoom Optics
Spray Adaptive
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"