Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "BadKarma82D42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 25th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 4:40pm

Suggestions for Dragons Teeth`s CQC Maps DLC

Now I know that COD Ghosts implemented this in their game, but I feel that dice should implement sliding into Dragons Teeth, not at the same contexts as COD did, rather I feel it should be in a more realistic fashion, for instance to allow your player to slide out of fire or to take cover, speed must be generated, so sprinting for a specific amount of time before being able to slide would be nice and it would prevent people from effectively spaming the slide capability. furthermore, a person can only slide a few feet. This capability will bring a new dynamic to multiplayer and it will make the close quarters maps, like in the Dragons Teeth DLC, more exciting, tactical, and fluent. being able to slide behind a car, rubble, and walls, for cover instead of having to always run up to the object and then going prone or kneeling would bring a whole new realism and excitement to battlefield. when people play battlefield their hearts pound because of the realism of it and excitement. but when a player has to run up to cover and then go prone or kneeling, that takes a little bit away from the excitement and realism. But if Dice give players the ability to slide for cover, they must make sure that players aren't allowed to do specific things to prevent the miss use of the ability so that it doesnt become a players go to option for ever situation. For instance, when sliding, a player cannot: shoot his weapon, switch his weapon, reload, ADS, melee, throw a grenade, enter a vehicle, activate things on the map such as closing gates or turning of lights, and planting and activating explosives and other gear. I am making this suggestion because I have heard many times from many devoted players of BF 3 and 4, that It would be amazing if we could slide for cover.

If Dice see`s this I hope the consider it... because it will just make their game, that much better.

And I would also like to thank dice for taking my suggestion about using the UGV Swords System in the new DLC. I was pretty excited they did that. The one thing I love about Dice and Battlefield is that they Listen to the players, and that with them our voice and opinions matter... So Dice if you ever read this, keep up the good work. You truly uphold the phrase "Giving Power to the Players."

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 4:59pm

Before this gets shouted down as COD, I would like to remind everyone that Medal of Honor Warfighter had something similar. It was a nice implementation and is already in Frostbite. Wouldn't mind seeing it migrate, though animations might be required and that would be rough. So it is likely a no go.

Still, I used the little bit of slide you could get proning in BF4 to slide under the half open doors in Bazaar and surprise campers quite often in BF3. Tactical sliding can be fun without being over the top.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 5:53pm

They could probably do it, but here's the thing: the game is already massive. It's not as big as Titanfall (50GB) or Wolfenstein: the New Order (heard that's 43GB), mind you, but they would probably run into issues with the generation 7 hardware* and disk space. Also, the game's already shipped. Adding a core game mechanic and getting it to work right (underlined and emboldened because how many bugs has BF4 had?) after the fact would take months, and that's time that they could be spending on Final Stand (even though most of the player base has written off BF4 as a lost cause at this point) and Star Wars: Battlefront 3.

*turbo-fact: the riot shield for DT was originally supposed to be one-handed with your other hand using your sidearm, but they couldn't get it to work on the generation 7 consoles (PS3, Xbox 360: I forgot the details). So, no DICE (pardon the pun).
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 6:28pm

Given that DICE could not make the riot shield the way they originally intended (one handed, usable together with a sidearm) because the old gen consoles didn't have enough memory for the animations required the chances of this happening is effectively zero. That is not even accounting for the fact that DICE is already on a very tight schedule and they will not have the time to go out of their way in order to implement something like this. Besides, Dragons Teeth is (probably) less than a month away, no way DICE is doing something like this at this stage.

Besides, I'd rather DICE invest as much of their time as possible into improving and balancing that which is already in the game instead of going on some wild goose chase after something that looks cool and probably won't be very appreciated or good for gameplay after all (remember all the rage about dolphin diving and bunny jumping in BF3?). DICE already went after "it looks cool" for far to many things in BF4 (headshot flinch, screen-shake, visual recoil, excessive verticality (rooftops galore), etc.) - we don't need more of that.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 1:05am

There was sliding in BF3 btw. I don't know if it ever got fixed/changed, but watch this link .
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 1:13am

There was sliding in BF3 btw. I don't know if it ever got fixed/changed, but watch this link .

It is no longer around, but I don't remember exactly when it got patched out. But it was glorious while it lasted.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 1:36am

CoD wasn't the first game to implement sliding it certainly won't be the last. There's no need to go "It might be from CoD but hear me out." It was never from CoD in the first place

Crysis 3, press crouch while sprinting and you do a knee slide

RE6 let you do slides too

seriously.

Besides, going prone while sprinting does a dolphin dive IIRC. It just doesn't go very far because "Dolphin Dive noobs!"
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 1:01am

even though most of the player base has written off BF4 as a lost cause at this point

Alright, so are there actual statistics on this? I keep on hearing everyone say that most BF players left BF4 - but was it really more than half of them?

Anyway, back on topic, Cobalt is probably right - even if DICE liked this idea or have considered it - they wouldn't implement it into BF4 - theres just too many things/animations going on. Also, Symthic is really meant for discussions around what attachments/loadouts are most effective/work best together, weapon stats, and technical issues with the game - it isn't exactly the place to pitch an idea to DICE (which I know I'm not guiltless of myself lol).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "HolyBalls111" (May 28th 2014, 1:08am)