Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Spartanlord" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 7:54am

Melee Ribbons!

Yes, it's come to this... melee ribbons.
A melee ribbon is earned by killing three enemies with your knife in one game. Besides the obvious 'go-knife-camping-snipers', is there another way to earn these efficiently?

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 7:57am

Join a Knife/Pistol only server.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 10:06am

I'm working on those assignments as well. I've done the bronze one and am on the silver one. I've had the most success just knifing the groups of snipers on certain maps. Another good trick is if you have the flank off on a few people try and leave one alive to end with a knife kill in safety (this is with a suppressor). Or is there is a single isolated enemy they are usually a good target, however I've had bullshit happen when I'm in the animation and all four of his squadmates squad bomb... I found Paracel storm is good for knife kills because it's dark and loud so people don't see or hear you killing their buddies. Flood zone is decent as well because of the multi-levels. But hill snipers are the best source of tags. I dunno if they do this on PC, but on Xbox I've had snipers go across the map in order to snipe on the hill closest to our spawn on Hainan Resort on the US team. This is really nice because they have beacons and keep coming back. I killed this one dummy in the same spot half a dozen times and the only reason I didn't kill him anymore was because the round ended.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 10:57am

Moved to Q&A.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 11:30am

If you think you can handle it you could always join a knife-only server. It is the most broken shit in the game and you will be tearing your hair in frustration (seriously, try it and you will know what I mean): it is just one big clusterfuck of counter-knifing and knifing players that are knifing players that are knifing players, complete BS/luck/black magic and what you see is never what you get. But it gets the shit done.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 11:39am

Just be sneaky.

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 3:06pm

I've got 1. One single ribbon after several hundred hours of gametime!

Even though I have in the region of 200 knife kills, it's rare that I ever get more than 1 per match, let alone 4! I remember the match in which I got my lone ribbon. It was Flood Zone CQ and I seem to remember getting really lucky with my swings with oblivious enemies.

They really are the most grindiest of all grinds. How many is it for the assignment, 20? So many...
Roses are red, violets are blue, "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 1:21am

Protip: move to any Eastern Europian country, join German/French/GB server, and press knife button whenever enemy soldier is close to you (~5 meters or so). 10 rounds or so on Conquest with high Ticket count -- and you've complited this assigment.

One more protip: disable the chat and don't knife admins this way.

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 9:58am

If you think you can handle it you could always join a knife-only server. It is the most broken shit in the game and you will be tearing your hair in frustration (seriously, try it and you will know what I mean): it is just one big clusterfuck of counter-knifing and knifing players that are knifing players that are knifing players, complete BS/luck/black magic and what you see is never what you get. But it gets the shit done.

There are knife only servers on PC... I cannot begin to imagine the frustration playing that. I'll just stick to knifing hill snipers, they are nice and stupid prey.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 9:05pm

I'm usually an asshole and look for spawn bacon in remote locations. I stand right next to the bacon and when someone spawns in I give 'em an instant blade to the neck. If you are lucky the idiot will spawn there several times trying to avoid or kill you and its nearly impossible to avoid unless he gets lucky and gets a counter because DICE...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler