Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Retribution Iv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 3:19pm

M16A4 question

So I've played around with this gun a bit and it's not too shabby. My question is regarding what grip attachment people think is the best. I've found with the recoil being on the third shot in the burst that the angled isn't too nessisary. I've mainly used Ergo, but I think this gun would be a good candidate for the under slung grenade launchers. What do you guys think of the M16A4? Also what are your set-ups?
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Aug 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 3:23pm

Silencer and angled, or silencer and underslung M320FB.
Hackintosh user, european player, suppressor lover.
Latest creation

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 3:34pm

ergo/vertical grip(you can use the angled if you are not that good with the vertical recoil) flash hider

Date of registration
: May 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 3:54pm

sorry i sneak in a extra quick question:

In bf3 the a4/m4 could nicely be paired with the the bipod
still viable in bf4? anyone do it?

im finally about to get the new game
Member of the M4 appreciation club.
The last true, hidden gem of Bf3.
'Better than the rest!'
Kills: 970 Acc: 17% HS: 226

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 4:51pm

sorry i sneak in a extra quick question:

In bf3 the a4/m4 could nicely be paired with the the bipod
still viable in bf4? anyone do it?

im finally about to get the new game

If you're talking about using a bipod on the M4 in BF4, that is a big no. Any of the foregrips will serve you much better.

@OP: I personally like the Comp+Ergo+Laser. The HBar is also pretty nice, but the recoil is enough to use an Angled grip.

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 4:53pm

I dont know about you, but I prefer using the stubby grip on it, no idea why, it just feels good.
I dont really like using the M320 launcher.
Playing Battlfield since Battlfield 2
True Battlfield proīs donīt whine.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date of registration
: Feb 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 5:09pm

This gun shoot only 3 shot and then reset ,so i think you'll feel those 3rd shot multiplier quite often.

but sometime Stubby make me feel like my bullets spread less than usual.
What you see, is not what you think.... netcode

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 5:25pm

I like it with angled + compensator, as these two attachments directly address the two main shortcomings of this weapon.

Date of registration
: Feb 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 9:20pm

So I've played around with this gun a bit and it's not too shabby. My question is regarding what grip attachment people think is the best. I've found with the recoil being on the third shot in the burst that the angled isn't too nessisary. I've mainly used Ergo, but I think this gun would be a good candidate for the under slung grenade launchers. What do you guys think of the M16A4? Also what are your set-ups?

It's a trash gun. You need to click 4.444 times per second to achieve 800 RPM, which is almost impossible to time. Best ROF you can achieve is 720 by clicking 4 times per second, whereas the ACE 23 and the M416 have consistent ROFs at around 750 and 770 rounds per minute and a horizontal recoil advantage. You could make a case for it's bullet velocity (650 vs the Ace's 620 and the M416's 600) and it's lower vertical recoil/FSM placement, but it's not worth it in my eyes.

To optimize this gun, Comp and Angled are the two best attachments. Compensator to reduce some side to side recoil and improve your spread, and angled for the TSM. Don't run the HB, it's pointlessly making life more difficult while not providing as many advantages as comp. You could run an ergo grip if you'd like, but that third shot will become difficult to compensate for. I swear, there needs to be a way to revert the TSM to FSM, as I used burst guns a lot in BF3, but couldn't get past them in BF4.

Why would you run an underslung grenade launcher on this weapon? Low ROF, average accuracy and terrible stats all in all means you'll need a medpack almost after every firefight, or a MASS to boost your CQC performance. Grenade launchers are typically only good in certain scenarios, not depending on the gun.
"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 10:08pm

It's a trash gun.
Come on, man! It really isn't that bad after the buff. I've really come around to the M16/M4 recently.

You're definitely right about the Comp/Angled setup. The M4 likes the HBar, but it does more harm than good on its big brother. While it will never see the popularity and widespread use its full-auto rivals, I think the M16 has a nice niche now. Top-tier velocity, ammo economy and excellent irons are some other factors which should be considered, too! Granted, it does take some getting used to, but effective RoF isn't the be all and end all of winning gunfights.

I also disagree about the rail. If you're using an M320 of M26 (for any reason), the M16 is one of the better choices for the rail. Sure, you have to be a bit more careful without the Angled, but it's certainly more workable than the other options.
Roses are red, violets are blue, "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."